Print

Author Topic: Red Dwarf  (Read 3570 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« on: May 03, 2013, 07:56:13 PM »
I remember reading Red Dwarf after THHGttG series and finding it very entertaining. A few months ago I watched a few episodes of the TV series, but didn't find them as funny as I remembered.  The books (the first two at least) were way funnier than the TV serial (and were written after the serial).  I had forgotten that until listening to the audio edition on Amazon today:  http://www.amazon.com/Red-Dwarf-Infinity-Welcomes-Careful/dp/B001BACZ2Y

I still think I'd rather read it on Kindle, but the audio book made me want to read (or at least listen to) it again.  I have the second book (Better than Life) in paperback, but had borrowed the first from a friend and having recently stored or given away all my paper books don't see getting it again until it's digital. 

Regardless, I recommend this series to anyone that enjoyed The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 02:37:04 PM »
Has anyone else watched or read Red Dwarf?  The TV show as funny, but I thought first two books (written after the TV series) was funnier and closer to the humor of THhGttG.  That is, the books were better.  BTW, the audio version on the above link is okay, but it doesn't give any of the only other human, the cat (not exactly what you may be thinking), the ship's computer, or the android. 

Edit:  If you are a Kindle fan please click on one of the other edition and click "I'd like to read this on Kindle." 
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 02:38:45 PM by Luigison »
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 02:57:41 PM »
I've never watched it but you're not the first to recommend it. You are the first to recommend the books though. I'll check them out... someday. [Currently reading: Life After Life by Kate Atkinson]

Print