Print

Author Topic: Mario Cameos on TV  (Read 3174 times)

« on: July 06, 2000, 04:03:42 PM »
In certain television shows, Mario has made a cameo appearance. Off the top of my head, I can only think of two: Both from the Simpsons.

Bart is tempted to steal a video game from "Try `N Save." While thinking, he is visited by "ghosts" or something of Mario, Luigi, DK, and Sonic. Mario said "Take-a the game Bart." Luigi said "The store, she`s-a so rich. They won`t even-a notice." DK (who sounded like Magilla Gorilla) said "It`s the companies fault for making the game look so good."

In another episode, a store owner showed off DK. A sign above his head said "Meet Donkey Kong." Donkey Kong was spelled like it is in the DKC games. Under the sign is an old gorilla smoking a cigarette. "Sorry Donkey Kong," said the owner, "You just don`t draw the crowds anymore." DK picks up a barrel and throws it at him (complete with original game sound effects. The owner falls over and says "Hey, he`s still got it."

If you know anymore cameos of Mario or Mario characters like DK, Toad, Yoshi, etc. post them here.

*Looks inside of a candy bar wraper. Reads:* You have just won a Sony Plays.... Oh it`s crap!!
*Looks inside of a candy bar wraper. Reads:* You have just won a Sony Plays.... Oh it`s crap!!

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2000, 05:58:59 PM »
This isn't really a cameo, but...

I remember once that ABC had this special on... It was some kind of special show in front of a live audience.  Mario, Luigi, and Princess Toadstool were on rollerskates--or, at least large-headed costumes of those characters--and the brief sketch had something to do with fighting Bowser, who played by the guy who played Mr. Belvedere.  No lie!  In the end, the brought out "plumber's helpers," little kids in Mario overalls and hats.  The entire experience was cheap and crappy and a little strange, which is remarkable that I would say that because I was probably only six or seven at the time, and my interests consisted pretty much of Mario, Legos, and juice.  Hmm...  Anyone else remember this?
Thank you for saving us but our princess is in another castle!

Print