Print

Author Topic: High-Def Mario  (Read 232649 times)

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #585 on: December 14, 2009, 10:37:48 PM »
Well, at least its more accurate than a guy with a guitar and a spiral haircut.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #586 on: December 19, 2009, 06:08:51 PM »
Mojo Nixon was more Toad than you'll ever be. Hot off the heels of Stoner Toad, here's...

...Corporate Bowser!
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #587 on: December 19, 2009, 07:26:16 PM »
BowserWare? Has Bowser really gotten possession of the factory?
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #588 on: December 19, 2009, 08:41:33 PM »
Would you presume it to be in better hands if so?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #589 on: December 19, 2009, 10:01:22 PM »
That's what they should have dressed Dennis Hopper up as. But he should still have the ridgy boyband hair. That was pretty cool.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #590 on: December 20, 2009, 12:50:51 AM »
If SMB the Movie was done in the age of overhyped, over budget movies that quite frankly are mediocre at best (aka, Avatar), Dennis Hopper's Bowser would have been done in CG.
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

« Reply #591 on: December 20, 2009, 04:07:48 PM »
I know what TV_Themes says should be taken with salt, but there is a danger of movies that put graphics over storyline. A CG Bowser would at least be closer in looks than what we got. But then the whole movie would have to be done like that. Iggy would have to look like Iggy, we'd need an actual Big Bertha because... uh... I think they were underwater once, that's where Bertha can be... make the Goombas actual Goombas... and... no, actually, I don't know what a dark gritty Mario movie would be like. The happy-go-lucky vision we see contrasts too much with it. Maybe the original movie was on the right track. But the least they could have done is leave out names like Goomba and Big Bertha if they were going to be applied to humans. Bowser could use more CG and get away with it. But Goombas aren't meant to be six/seven feet tall, period.

Or, you know, just make a feature-length version of the Super Mario Bros. Super Show. It won't make sense, but it will look and act more like Mario.
You didn't say wot wot.

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #592 on: December 20, 2009, 05:24:59 PM »
I saw Princess & the Frog only because it was animated traditionally. Its a medium that must not die.

« Reply #593 on: December 21, 2009, 03:42:11 AM »
actually, I don't know what a dark gritty Mario movie would be like.

Paper Mario 2 (or the Thousand Year Door, if you prefer) was a darker Mario game. Not just the Mushroom Kingdom, but the entire world was in danger. They should make a game based off a Paper Mario story.

I like the idea of a faeture length Super Show. True it wouldn't make much sense, but I would be awesome.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2009, 01:10:37 PM by Toad »
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #594 on: December 21, 2009, 11:29:56 AM »
The Shadow Queen was specifically called a demon. Yeah, it was a dark game.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #595 on: December 21, 2009, 06:14:02 PM »
They oughta make a full CG Mario movie. Like, take the beauty of the Mario Power Tennis/Mario Golf Toadstool Tour/Mario Baseball intro cinematics, and use that to make a movie. Also, if they ever do make one... don't make Peach sound different (and stupid).....again... like she has for every Mario game as of late. It's turning into the old mid-90s Luigi high pitch/low pitch/wimp voice fiasco.

The most grating Peach voice is in NSMB DS: "Thank you!"
Formerly quite reasonable.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #596 on: December 21, 2009, 08:31:43 PM »
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #597 on: December 21, 2009, 08:59:01 PM »
Galapastoise!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #598 on: January 11, 2010, 03:23:57 PM »
Regards, Uncle Dolan

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #599 on: January 11, 2010, 03:26:38 PM »
I... can't tell whether I think that's really cute or vaguely horrifying.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Print