Print

Author Topic: Who's got Paper Mario?  (Read 13441 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2004, 09:36:46 AM »
Shawn20, Fifth doesn't have to know your passwords.  He is a Moderator.  Actually, a few here who are not mods can edit others posts.

Edited by - Luigison on 10/31/2004 7:39:56 AM

“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2004, 09:40:42 AM »
Ignore this post.  I had intended to see if this forum closes fonts at the end of posts.  I will let the next person see if it does.  Also, the edit line should now be the same color as the background.  Where is Watoad when you need him?  Thanks Fifth.  Now I now the font is closed.

Edited by - Luigison on 10/31/2004 7:45:44 AM

“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2004, 09:43:28 AM »
Don't worry, Shawne.  Just remember that not everyone has beaten the game, or wants to know about it.

WanWan, it's just changing the color with HTML:

<font color="#333333">Put hidden text here</font>

And then don't forget to check the "use HTML" box.

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

« Reply #48 on: October 31, 2004, 02:43:35 PM »
Oooh, why sure Fifth! That was a great idea just like my special big secret!***

Shawne Vinson

Edited by - Shawne20 on 10/31/2004 11:50:14 PM

« Reply #49 on: October 31, 2004, 08:42:39 PM »
Woo. Saturday I stayed up until 4 playing Paper Mario. I got enough Shine Sprites to double power up all my partners. Are you sure there are just enough? Because all my partners are powered up but it seems like there are more Shine Sprites to get.

I was about to ask something but I ought to post it in the game help forums...

For anyone who's finished Chapter 5... did you think it was reminiscent of Pirates of the Carribean?

"Love... How do I explain it? Love tells you when you want to be with a person forever. It makes you feel happy just to see that person happy... smiling, having fun. When you love someone you will do anything to help when he or she is in trouble." -Princess Peach, Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door

"Mario`s trying to get it all! Treasures, princesses... Does his greed never end?" -Kammy Koopa, Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door

Kickin' it since 2000.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #50 on: October 31, 2004, 10:11:17 PM »
******************WARNING: SPOILERS AHOY!******************

I bought the game yesterday. I've just started Ch. 7, and I must say, while the game is dowright enthralling, it gets quite a bit irksome at times:

With the exception of Ch. 3 (By far, my favorite chapter), and Ch. 6 (Which just got really annoying after a while), all the chapters are almost exactly the same, just with different backgrounds.

1: Mario finds a problem.
2: Mario travels back and forth through the same enemy-filled area, having to fight the same annoying random battles over and over.
3: Mario travels through a labyrinth, and beats a boss.

Lather, rinse, repeat. Although, something, 2 and 3 are swapped somewhat.

Although I complain about this, My file DOES have 16 hours of play on it in 2 days, which has to say SOMETHING about how good the game is. I just think that the repetitive nature of the plotline will prevent me from replaying the game 20 times like I did with SMRPG.

PS: Don't try and name your Yoshi at 1:45 AM. Heh. (Wait, actually, I like the name I gave him. I just can't spell it.)

~I.S.~
~I.S.~

« Reply #51 on: November 01, 2004, 12:59:11 AM »
*pointedly doesn't spoil Super Mario, heh*  But yes, there are just enough Shine Sprites.

Anyway, yes, spoilers for end of game ahead, highlight to read.

After you beat the Shadow Queen, if you go back to that same save file, you'll head back to Rogueport and meet Goombella there.  The Shadow Queen is still dead and everyone congratulates you, but you can continue to play the game and look for stuff you might have missed.  There were a few things I thought were odd about the end of the game that made me wonder whether I was really done:

1.  Bowser isn't mentioned in Goombella's end-credits roundup of what happened to everyone.  Even Grodus gets a semi-happy ending, but we never find out what happened to Bowser and Kammy.  Weird for a playable character to not get an ending sequence.

2.  The final issue of the RDM e-mail newsletter signs off with "We hope to see you again soon" followed by " . . . maybe sooner than you think, wink wink."  Um, okay?

3.  A Goomba chilling in the city underneath Rogueport tells you that you're now in the penultimate chapter of your adventure.

4.  Merluvlee's price to see my "future path" keeps going up.  When I ask her to read my fortune, she says to take care of stuff I need to do in Rogueport "first" and then gives my money back.

5.  Luigi's friend Screamy, who said he had a message to deliver and whom Goombella couldn't tell you anything about.  I find it weird that they'd design a completely new Marioverse species for one cameo character who never gets mentioned again.

Anyway, it's just idle speculation, heh.  Last night I beat the Pit of 100 Trials, finished all the troubles, and finally powered up all my characters, and it's not like anything happened then, so the game probably really is over.  But they definitely throw stuff in there to make you wonder about it, eh?

Edited by - Wanwan on 10/31/2004 11:02:03 PM

Chiichana mune, okkina hitomi . . .

« Reply #52 on: November 01, 2004, 05:02:12 AM »
I can't believe I haven't known about the badge shop this whole time!!

32 hours into the game and I never knew it was there. I spent like, 90 coins cancelling that Garf trouble because I couldn't find his key.

I guess I never walked to the other side of the Inn... I need to be more observant.

"Love... How do I explain it? Love tells you when you want to be with a person forever. It makes you feel happy just to see that person happy... smiling, having fun. When you love someone you will do anything to help when he or she is in trouble." -Princess Peach, Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door

"Mario`s trying to get it all! Treasures, princesses... Does his greed never end?" -Kammy Koopa, Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door

Kickin' it since 2000.

« Reply #53 on: November 01, 2004, 05:11:10 AM »
Boy, You shouldn't realized to play any longer as you done it for few hours by now. I just did good as I can, but I was trying to concertrade to find something when they're in trouble, like detective as they've been solved!

But hey you can do best as you can to concertrated, when you'll survive as you'll never get stuck on that game, then you still have a choice!

Shawne Vinson

Edited by - Shawne20 on 11/1/2004 3:19:34 AM

« Reply #54 on: November 01, 2004, 06:16:23 PM »

Edited by - Tingrio on 11/10/2004 5:21:10 PM
Werid Fortune Cookies- Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.

« Reply #55 on: November 01, 2004, 06:16:28 PM »
Shawne, I still have no idea what you're talking about.

Kickin' it since 2000.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #56 on: November 01, 2004, 07:04:36 PM »
Some of my favorites parts in the game are when you play as Bowser in SMB styled levels.  Can replay them later without starting a new file?

« Reply #57 on: November 01, 2004, 07:14:13 PM »
(Smack) Oh just forget it Super Mario! You just have no ideas when I was saying, but I was trying t'help you anyway. Hmph, I miss the whole day of my life when that's my problem!

Shawne Vinson

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #58 on: November 01, 2004, 07:29:51 PM »
Hmm... interesting, WanWan...

Another thing, though not so significant:

Remember Koopook? (I think that's his name.)  You find him hiding in Hooktail's castle on one of the troubles.  Afterwards, he sends you an e-mail saying he's found a new hiding spot in a place called "Goomstar Temple."

Okay, it's quite possible that this place doesn't even exist, but still...

Go Moon!

Go Moon!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #59 on: November 01, 2004, 07:33:06 PM »
Good observation Fifth.  I noticed that, but didn't think of it as a possible (though unlikely) extra chapeter.

Print