Print

Author Topic: Magnetic Super Mario Bros. Figure Dioramas  (Read 5332 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2004, 07:33:33 PM »
"Reminicent of the game itself, these figures stand approximately 1 inch (2.5 cm) tall." - jbox

Edit: "Check here to use HTML in your message."

Edited by - Luigison on 12/3/2004 5:35:20 PM

“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2004, 02:46:04 PM »
They're awesome!! I wanted some, I want some!! on my fridge.. :D
Close the World, Open the Next
-Serial Experiments, LAIN-

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2004, 06:09:45 AM »
I got my SMB figures and dioramas yesterday.  They are cool, but I made a few incorrect assumptions about them.  They are not back with metal and all the items, coins, characters, and blocks are not magnetic.  For example:

In the above diorama the only thing with a magnet is the Luigi sprite.  You put a coin shaped piece with a metal center behind the board to hold Luigi to the board.  While it is neat to move the piece on the back and watch Luigi move on the front, I assumed all the piece would be magnetic and the board would be completely customizable.  This is not the case.

The block on the bottom are all connected and the background board fits into them to stand up.  The other block snap into place on the board by a few small hole in the board itself.  This was a big disappointment.  I wanted the board to be solid so I could put more/different magnets on it.

My cell phone camera's USB link cable is not working right in Windows XP so I will have to post pictures later.  I also can't "play" Mario Teaches Typing 2 or get my wireless network to work on Windows XP.

---
Do you have one of the Super Mario 64 DS high scores?  If so, post it here.

Edited by - Luigison on 12/15/2004 4:43:39 PM

“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2004, 10:49:44 PM »
You know, I just realized some thing about the latest Windows. From a smiley perspective, some people would say the tag is very fitting. >.< = XP

Pretty funny.

"Chocolate milk is the best thing to ever happen to the dairy industry."
- Ian "Suffix"

« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2004, 01:26:52 AM »
Ohh, that's how you do it!  I saw those at my local anime store (wizzywig.com) and picked one up--not the dioramas but the single magnet kind.  I got the fire Luigi (you can't tell which you're going to get when you buy it), but I've had a hell of a time trying to figure out how to stick it places, because it comes with this weird yellow block thing with a tiny metal disc embedded in it.  Not only that, but the magnet comes out of Luigi and I'm not sure if it's supposed to or not.  Maybe mine was broken.

Right now it's very precariously stuck to my fridge.
Chiichana mune, okkina hitomi . . .

Print