Poll

Who should be President and Vice President?

Obama/Biden '08
15 (34.1%)
McCain/Palin '08
14 (31.8%)
Deezer/MEGAߥTE '08
15 (34.1%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Voting closed: November 05, 2008, 07:09:35 PM

Print

Author Topic: TMK Votes  (Read 61091 times)

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #135 on: November 03, 2008, 10:32:34 PM »
My point, Chupperson, is not the point that hunted animals should be used for food or anything like that. My argument is that if you continue to support the meat industry while denouncing the sport of hunting, it's hypocritical. You don't absolutely need to eat meat, so it's unnecessary killing of all those chickens and pigs that you still eat. See now me, I recognize that I don't have to eat meat, however I don't hold a double standard against anything short of ritualistic genocide of a given animal (which I can't really think of one).
« Last Edit: November 03, 2008, 10:35:50 PM by Forest Guy »
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #136 on: November 03, 2008, 10:39:00 PM »
Shadowbrain, you're kidding right? You're claiming that New York, one of the most leftist states in the entire nation, which has been a democratic stronghold since the political realignment of the 1960s, is part of the so-called right wing conspiracy? Dream on.
"B" is nowhere near "S" on the keyboard (and do you notice the connection between those two words?). Besides, it's not like the whole state converged to write that thing. And I posted that link almost a month ago.

"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #137 on: November 03, 2008, 10:46:51 PM »
It may not be the entire state which typed that but New York's voter groups are almost exclusively left wing. Whoever made that "typo" (I'll admit it's hard to buy it was a mistake) was likely either a democrat who doesnt like Obama or just someone with a sense of humor.
= = = = = = =

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #138 on: November 04, 2008, 12:44:08 AM »
Like I said on the last page, I'm not comfortable with meat in general. I don't really agree with killing things in order to eat (or for any reason at all). I don't have as much of a problem with poultry and fish, and those are the only kinds of meat I eat. If I get to thinking about it, it grosses me out, and as a result I eat mostly non-meat foods.
Everyone in the world is a hypocrite, so I'd warn against delving too deeply into that. Even so, your allegations of hypocrisy are pretty feeble. My argument is that you darn well better use the animal for food or something if you kill it. Hunting as a "sport" and for trophies and whatnot is absolutely detestable. And Sarah Palin.
That was a joke.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #139 on: November 04, 2008, 12:53:55 AM »
But how can you say that you should kill an animal for food if it's not necessary? Using them for consumption isn't necessary, using them for entertainment is necessary. However, different strokes for different blokes. We eat them because we like the taste of meat. We hunt them because we like the feeling of sport. Again, using a double standard is ridiculous in such a scenario.
= = = = = = =

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #140 on: November 04, 2008, 01:13:08 AM »
What? I'm not an insane person who tries to stop people from doing things, because I know they won't. That chicken is going to be turned into meat whether I eat it or not. The fact that I think people shouldn't hunt doesn't mean I'm going to go punch them when they do. Animals bred for consumption are treated inhumanely, and so are animals you just shot. But why not let them live if you personally have the choice? If I shot something, all I would feel was bad, not sport. It isn't sporting to end something's life for no reason aside from that you feel like it. That just makes you a cruel and heartless #@$&@*!.
That was a joke.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #141 on: November 04, 2008, 01:27:36 AM »
Well, I dunno about anyone else, but I admit to being a cruel and heartless #@$&@*!.
= = = = = = =

« Reply #142 on: November 04, 2008, 01:43:57 AM »
Tomorrow can't come soon enough.

The best thing about this is that the liberal media will finally stop their horrific sensationalization of this presidential race, and hopefully the republican bashing jokes will finally be laid to rest. They stopped being funny years ago.

Too bad I never received an assigned voting location, so I'll be wandering aroun town for a place to vote.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #143 on: November 04, 2008, 02:06:23 AM »
Note that I am referring specifically to the present, and not the past.

Yes, what I'm saying is it's like a past-time of just.... what people do.

I think the thing is here is that I've never ran into anyone who hunts "just for kicks." Yeah, that doesn't make any sense just to kill stuff for no reason.... and everyone I know hunts for the meat or use the animal in another way... not just "YEAH I GOT HIM... okay let's leave."
Formerly quite reasonable.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #144 on: November 04, 2008, 07:48:59 AM »
Well, this is it... I may not be here if Obama wins for a couple reasons:

1. The economy is so bad when he gets in office, my family won't be able to pay for internet.

2. I've moved to Canada and don't have a computer just yet.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #145 on: November 04, 2008, 08:57:29 AM »
Sean Malstrom to the rescue again!

I would marry that guy if I was a woman. Or if he was.

Also I just voted. McCain for president, Libertarian on all the positions they were running for other than president, and a write-in for Michael Savage for the position where that one guy was running unopposed. I had considered shaving off my beard and dressing as Sarah Palin to go to the polls, but in the end I just settled on wearing a red t-shirt.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 08:59:04 AM by CrossEyed7 »
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #146 on: November 04, 2008, 11:58:00 AM »
Compare voting line wait times; I waited for about an hour.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #147 on: November 04, 2008, 12:50:42 PM »
I think it was probably 15 minutes or so for me. Surprisingly short.
That was a joke.

« Reply #148 on: November 04, 2008, 01:48:07 PM »
No line.  As soon as I signed in, there was a booth open for me.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #149 on: November 04, 2008, 02:08:03 PM »
It's about a seven-minute walk from my door to the polling place. I left at 9 and got back before 9:30. Waiting times are apparently pretty short during work hours.

Did your places have the booths in a room, or were they just lined up in a hallway?
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Print