Print

Author Topic: We need more...  (Read 3183 times)

« on: October 14, 2000, 09:27:01 AM »
Games like Super Mario World 2: YI. The gameplay is great, the music is great; I love the art direction in that game as well. That N64 Yoshi game just didn't do justice.

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2000, 10:07:43 AM »
I agree.  YI is one of those classic games in which the artists really outdid themselves.  Unfortunately, games like that only come around when a system is well into its life span, and developers have had plenty of time to play with system hardware.

->- Not only does Gatorade quench your thirst better, it tastes better too. -<-
Someone set up us the bomb!

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2000, 06:52:43 AM »
Yeah. What about N64? Super Mario 64 was an awesome game too! The art was fantastic, the level designs were great, Bowser looked meaner than ever, Mario looked cool! The only problem was that there wasn't enough enemies...

When/if Super Mario 64 2 comes out, I hope they'll add more challenging enemies...

Mario Maniac!!
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2000, 03:13:21 PM »
You say we need more games like "Yoshi's Island!?!"  I think that qualifies as masochism.  What we need are more games like the classic adventures like "Super Mario Bros. 3," "Super Mario World," "6 Golden Coins," not this new fluff like "Yoshi's Island," "Yoshi's Story," and "Mario 64."  Nintendo needs to remember the classics, not develop new orthodoxies.

A MØØSE ØNCE BIT MY SISTER.
Mega 2
Cybernetic Abiogenesis Project

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2000, 03:22:19 PM »
The new games are realy fun, but my favorite game is "Yoshi's Island." That has always been my favorite game because of the mentioned above. I loved and still do the music, the art designs and everything. Yoshi Story was good, but not as good as the first one. That's my opinion.
I like cheese!

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2000, 07:39:45 PM »
I agree with Mega 2 on most accounts here.  Games like the original SMB series, SMW, 6 Golden Coins- these were the definitive games of the Mario story.  However, in the special case of Yoshi's Island, I think it can hardly be called fluff.  Yoshi's Isand did not attempt to establish new 'orthodoxies', it only expanded on a rich storyline.

(Orthodox to what?  Where is the law written that says we shouldn't have a little creative design in the new Mario games?)
Someone set up us the bomb!

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2000, 11:07:08 PM »
First of all, Yoshi's Island is one of my all-time favorite games.  Beautiful graphics, intricate gameplay, super-cool bosses and *GASP* an interesting storyline in a Mario game!?

Seriously, I see no "fluff."  There was a decent challeng in finding all 100 points on each level, and some of those secret worlds were flat-out devious.  Don't call something "fluff" just because it was release within the past 6 or 7 years.

Yoshi's STORY, on the other hand, was a complete pile of steaming, "fluffy," donkey crap.

Yoshi's Island, to me, is just as "classic" as Mario Bros. 3 and Mario World.
Haters gonna hate

Print