Print

Author Topic: Your favorite part(s) about Super Mario Sunshine?  (Read 16096 times)

« on: August 23, 2006, 02:13:17 PM »
Personally, I liked lots of things about Mario Sunshine...

My number one favorite part has got to be the secret sub-levels in each world.  They're like classic platforming sequences that remind me of the good ole Super Mario Bros. days.  I also like the cutscene in Pina Park, the one where Shadow Mario hovers above the pool of water, and the water begins rippling as Mecha-Bowser rises from underground...

I also REALLY like all the new moves Mario can master with FLUDD.  Simple things like spraying and then jumping can create large waves that destroy multiple enemies, or spraying while doing a spin-attack can shower groups of enemies.  These are amazing new skills.

These are only a fw of my favorite parts...what are yours?

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2006, 08:26:15 PM »
Certainly not the Piantas. They're selfish, stupid and not to mention ugly.

Argh............and Bowser Jr. I don't even want to talk about that brat.

But.........I did like Fluud. "It" helped Mario out through thick and thin.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2006, 09:09:48 PM »
Clark already stated one of my favorite parts so I'll state another:

Il Piantissimo. He's actually the Marathon Man from OoT.

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2006, 09:20:41 PM »
Riding Yoshi.
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2006, 09:22:14 PM »
Are you for real, TC? *goes insane*
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2006, 09:33:12 PM »
Yes. If you hack the game and remove his mask, you'll see that he looks just like the Marathon Man.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2006, 09:35:10 PM »
I'm no hacker, so I guess I'll never see it...
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2006, 09:48:13 PM »
I beleive there was a topic on these forums with a pic of him un-masked, SB.

Anyway, I liked the part where Shadow Mario revealed himself to be Bowser Jr. After that, my mom and I started saying, "You lay off my Momma Peach, you!" around our household for at least a good month.
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2006, 11:03:10 PM »
My favorite part is definitely the battle with the Manta thing. I love that episode.

Also, I love the glitch at Gelato Beach where you uncover another one of the dune things underneath the yellow acid-type stuff, and if you ground pound it at the precise time that the dune flies, up, you fly up as high as physically possible, and ground pound from there. It allows you to see the whole island at once!

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2006, 01:28:11 PM »
Noki Bay was my most favorite level. Nice music, very nice colors, and just fun.

Also, I REALLY DON'T UNDERSTAND why people hate Bowser Jr. so much. So what if Bowser already had children? It's not like he couldn't have any more children after seven koopalings. Jr.'s probably much smarter than the rest of the koopalings (well, maybe not Ludwig) if he could successfully frame Mario and kidnap Peach right from under his nose. All the koopalings did was try to keep Mario from advancing.

Meh, your opinions, I can't change them.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2006, 01:31:48 PM »
I find it curious that Young Bowser of PiT looks so similar to him. But I'd rather not start a Mariology debate in here, so I'm going to counter Noki Bay.

Noki Bay was irritating in that the blue coins were so hard to find and getting to that shell was difficult. The wall mazes were fine, however.

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2006, 02:05:14 PM »
I thought that Noki Bay was relaxing. 

My favorite part of the whole game... well, I always liked the hotel level.  Boos are my favorite Mario enemy, so that was a plus, and I just had fun solving all the riddles of the different rooms.  And that Manta enemy was awesome; very original. 
« Last Edit: August 25, 2006, 12:30:26 AM by The Blue Toad »
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2006, 02:55:40 PM »
Well,i have to say. The graphics not only had bright colers but the water effects were plain awesome! That and Bianco Hills because it reminds me of my Dad's Apartments because it had a thin oval full of nothing but tons and tons of grass and because when I bought it my dad lived at Venus Place Apartments.
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2006, 04:07:13 PM »
The stages and colorful worlds helped me get my mind off of all the pathetic support characters. Most of the stages surpass that of Mario 64 in terms of beauty and color.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2006, 04:22:18 PM »
Pinna Parks two roller coaster levels
The Manta Storm
The cute sunflowers outside Pinna Park when they talk if Mario squirts them with water
Sirena Beach's sunset
Gelato Beach's beach
Having the guide so finding the 240 blue coins isn't near impossible

I hate how they change the locations of blue coins in some episodes....

Bowser Jr. looks exactly like Bowser as a baby, his copied design is my only beef with him.
Senior Mariology professor

Print