Print

Author Topic: Do you got a girlfriend?  (Read 21002 times)

« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2005, 07:37:14 AM »
You should probably tell her that he's like that and just try to ignore him for the most part.  Yeah, easier said than done, but I have a brother who nags me about everything so I too know how hard it is.

Sapphira: Joking about stabbing and slapping someone seems like sick humor to me (unless you're slapping someone with a fish XD).  But it's good to know that you care so much about what people are like inside and not Hollywood's skin-deep perspecitve.  Also, I don't care what color hair and eyes a girl has, even if it is blonde!  Oh the horror! (joke)

Watoad: What exactly did you mean when you said that your beliefs are not your own?  Do you mean that they're you're parent's or friend's beliefs and you still are trying to make them your's too, or did you mean something else?

Nice haiku, Deezer
I wish I could make them too
But I don't know how.
(see how bad that was? XD)

"Do you got a mullet goin’ on?"

Edited by - Yoshisaurus Rex on 5/20/2005 6:42:04 AM
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2005, 10:39:37 PM »
I guess I should share my long story with everybody too.

I didn't start dating until I got to High School, but for the first two years I was in several non-serious relationships.  Nothing serious at all, hugs and kisses only, and they usually never lasted long at all.  I think the longest one was about six weeks.

The second half of Grade 10, I decided to stop this, and avoid girls, because i kept hurting, and getting hurt.  However, that summer I had spent quite a bit of time with this one girl, and I liked her, and I was positive that she liked me.  I knew she was different, because I was actually scared to ask her out, but eventually I built up the courage and went for it.  She had dark hair, and a nice smile to go along with it.  However, after about 2 and a half months I wasn't having a good time anymore.  She was becoming very bossy, very negative, and we were fighting more, and she was trying to control me.  A week later I broke up with her, and since I'm not proud of the way I broke up, I'm not going to share it.

My next girlfriend came about three quarters through Grade 11.  She was a nice girl, a little timid, but we seemed to connect quite meaningfully, but once again I felt that I made a mistake, and before the schoolyear ended, we broke up.

When I started my last year of school, that's when I started teaching at the elementary school as an educational assistant for half the day, and after a few weeks of doing that, I decided that I wasn't going to date at that time because I really wanted to focus on my career.  This was stopped 2 weeks later by a beautiful girl named Tara who I jumped into a relationship with.  This girl was a sweetheart too, she was beautiful and cool.  She was humourous, and we were so much alike that it was crazy.  I found her to be quite amazing, and I did more with her than any other girl I've been with.  However, bad news came back when she was going to be moving away that January, which saddened me greatly.  We seldom discussed this, and in the end we decided to break up for the greater good.  I really miss her, she was by far the best girlfriend I've ever had.

Now let's check in on lately.  As of March Break I started dating a girl who is two years younger than me.  She has dark hair, and is pretty.  She's very different than any of my other girlfriends, and I think that we're too different.  I do like her, and I care about her deeply, but to be honest I really have my doubts.  We're way too different, and I'm only going to be here for one more year.  That, plus she's always gone out of town, i'm having a harder and harder time keeping this relationship together, so I'm considering ending it, but I don't want to hurt her because I like her, and I think she would be sad to lose me.

Well thanks for listening!

« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2005, 10:39:53 PM »
Sapphira: Yes, I agree with you about the "shallowness" stuff. I, too, am disgusted by the impure, lustful desires so prevalent in modern times, and I admire your firm opposition to such things. I've also found that I agree with you on some important issues, such as abortion and homosexuality (I've read your views on such things elsewhere). The reason I posted that was not to disagree with you about shallowness, but to comment in as inoffensive a way as possible that you were overreacting somewhat. Oh, and I knew you were not being serious when you said the stabbing thing, but it was just, you know...
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2005, 11:14:38 PM »
Let me list all of my crushes:

My first gilrfriend was in second grade.  I used to play with her every recess until I wanted to play soccer with the other guys, and when I did that, people thought I dumped her.  But we worked it out so we always sat with each other in the dirt on the second base of the softball field during the ten-minute break at two o' clock.
Sadly, she left school in third or fourth grade and I never saw her again.  She was also one of my friends that believed that deep inside of ourselves we must have super powers.  I remember swinging from low-hanging branches, thinking we could fly if we tried hard enough.  I also remember imagining the "Whole New World" song from Aladdin with her as Jasmine and me as Aladdin in my daydreams.

This year I've had three crushes.  One was on the girl who sits next to me in Math class, but I think that was because she was the nicest person in that class though.  After seeing her group of friends though, I knew we could never work out if anything ever happened that brought us together; she was too normal.

Another crush was on a girl in my German class, but the same "different friends" thing got in the way; namely, she had friends and I didn't.  Just kidding, I had friends, but I just couldn't see myself getting along with her friends well.  At least she also remembered the 3 Ninjas and I like how see would laugh worrilessly like a rebel, with life as a wild ride, but with meaningful friendships.

Another crush was on a girl in my Drama class who was in the musical with me.  But she liked older guys I think, and because I was involved in an activity that requires more human contact than normal, I switched into "immature/psycho" mode and probably scared her away, as if she was warming up to me anyway.

In conclusion, serious relationships should be left to little kids, who understand better than us teenagers do.  When I develop a crush on a girl, it's really just an admiration of one of their qualities.  Everyone has good qualities that make me happy to see that that person isn't all bad, but I can't see how I can tie into their life with one similarity like that.  My "crushes" are really just people I could see myself having an intelligent conversation with, or a silly laughing fit over something we both remember or know.  I feel that I would invade a person's life if I acted out intimate feelings toward them, although the intimacy level is usually low, which means I shouldn't try in the first place.  Plus freshamn year in high school is where half the people are prepubescent and the others aren't, so things get mixed up.  When I see couples talking and smiling as they look into the other's eyes, it makes me happy to see that at least they're happy with each other at that moment.  It doesn't matter if they break up later since it isn't true love, because if people can have at least one fleeting moment like that, where they're together and that makes them happy, that has to be worth something.

Oh, but I don't like when they block the middle of the hallways.

Edited by - Markio on 5/20/2005 10:19:09 PM
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #49 on: May 21, 2005, 01:14:37 PM »
I disagree. I'm sharing my opinion, that's all, but, I think that teenage relationships are not useless, I think they sometimes actually work out, just some people weren't meant for eachother. Little kids sometimes just go out with eachother just because they think they have to, but in older relationships, the feelings are actually there. I don't mean to sound corny, but that's the truth. So, yeah. Btw, this is my 300th post. Go me.

"You can milk anything with nipples."~Gaylord Focker
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

« Reply #50 on: May 21, 2005, 10:48:15 PM »
Watoad, in the hotel room you asked me what I meant by my first post here but then I got distracted.

What I meant is that when you live in different towns, it is a different sort of beast.

“Using the Semicolon can sometimes be a tricky proposition from a syntactical perspective!”

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #51 on: May 22, 2005, 12:50:12 AM »
"Sapphira: Joking about stabbing and slapping someone seems like sick humor to me (unless you're slapping someone with a fish XD)."

...I don't think that part was a joke.

Hoo boy. When I get home, I think I'll have a lot to add to this topic.
That was a joke.

« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2005, 03:42:47 PM »
Funny you mention the fake blonde's. A new girl just started at my school( yes, when there is only 1 month remaining) and she dyed her hair a bright blonde, and even puts in those fake contact lenses to change the colour of her eyes to blue or violet(no jokes)! She try’s to talk like a valley girl, and I haven't seen her wear any other colours besides pink, purple, and baby blue. She is like a real live barbie doll, it’s quite sad.  Even the teachers laugh at her, and I admit I’ve gone out of my way to humiliate her.  I don’t know what she’s trying to accomplish, but she’s not impressing anybody. I just don’t understand some girls, they should just be themselves, not the person they see in those silly teen magazines! Maybe it’s just easy for me to say, since I have never hid myself from anyone, but I think most people would agree with me.

~*The road to success is always under construction*~

Edited by - luigi~lover on 5/22/2005 2:45:38 PM
Kip: Napoleon, don''t be jealous that I''ve been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I''m training to be a cage fighter.

« Reply #53 on: May 22, 2005, 05:07:14 PM »
Except for the humiliating part, yeah.  Stupid media.

Chup: You mean she really stabbed someone? *pushes lots of people into a pool*

"Do you got a mullet goin’ on?"
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #54 on: May 22, 2005, 05:58:08 PM »
Sapphira, please do not take offense to this.  You kind of make your self look like a hypocrit.  Because I know that it is basic human nature to be lustful.  Humans are pure sin, and were created by some-one who knew right from the git-go!  You never said this, but it sounds like you are trying to make yourself seem like youve never been physically attracted by some-one.  Oh, yeah, and whenever you comment on someone, you quote them, its really annoying.

O world-egg, hear me.
I am Horus of millions of years.
I am lord and master of the throne
Freed from evil, I traverse the ages
and spaces that are endless.
I only watch [adult swim]

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #55 on: May 22, 2005, 07:11:16 PM »
It's one thing to find someone physically attractive. It's another thing when that is your REASON for being attracted TO them.

There's nothing wrong with physical beauty, but when that becomes the most important/only reason for liking someone, it's shallow.

While I have found people to be nice looking, I have NEVER once experienced the feeling of "lust." That may be hard to believe, but I'm being completely honest. I'm just not attracted to people in that way. I may be a hypocrite in other areas (everyone is a hypocrite in some way), but this is something I'm definitely not hypocritical about.
Outside beauty can be superficial; there's nothing wrong with it, but it's what's on the inside that really counts. Unfortunately, when someone is physically attractive, it becomes harder for other people to see them for who they really are.
I find it flattering when people compliment my physical appearance, but I find it much more flattering and it means so much more to me when someone compliments something about my character. I'd rather be admired for who I AM inside than for how I LOOK on the outside.

What's wrong with quoting? It clarifies to what you're responding to.

I'm tired of all these people getting on my case about everything. I mean, seriously, what's the deal here?  This is another reason why I didn't want to rant about this subject.

--------------------
Wise men talk because they have something to say;
fools, because they have to say something.

Edited by - Sapphira on 5/22/2005 6:15:12 PM
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #56 on: May 22, 2005, 07:55:02 PM »
I think I now better understand why there are few females on the Fungi Forums.  You guys run them off.

There's nothing wrong with quoting.  I prefer it as long as it's not a quote of a quote of a quote of quote ...
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #57 on: May 22, 2005, 09:06:11 PM »
Did you read my last post, Sapphira? I am not trying to run you off, and I only posted that first thing because I considered there to be a good reason. As I said, I was not trying to offend you or anything. Oh, and as for the "feminist" part, it's just that I have this thing against feminism; I get roused by anything that looks remotely like it. For this reason even some of your past remarks helped to lead me to say that in this thread. So from now on just don't mind me or listen to my remarks.
GEIANDGIRLCO DIRECT - The Sensitive Alternative

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #58 on: May 22, 2005, 09:59:50 PM »
I think us guys AND girls run people off.

If your day is bad, a nice comment at night can change everything.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #59 on: May 23, 2005, 02:04:52 PM »
*runs off*

“Using the Semicolon can sometimes be a tricky proposition from a syntactical perspective!”

Print