Print

Author Topic: What [ticks] me off is...  (Read 79973 times)

« Reply #120 on: January 14, 2008, 02:06:04 PM »
So? Everyone's having a fit and a half about what I was talking about,
Good, you actually realize this.

Now you know what you must do to get us to STOP having fits, hm? It's okay to not agree with Nintendo, but I feel that's all you registered here for. To whine and moan about it. Really gets on peoples' nerves quickly, Shadow. =/

And I agree with BP, I like longer games better when they're on home consoles, not handhelds. Games like Brain Age are ideal, and good for quick plays when you have to wait for a minute or two.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 02:08:50 PM by Vidgmchtr »
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #121 on: January 14, 2008, 02:47:50 PM »
What ticks me off is that so many people keep their computers on all the time without having them do anything except be ready if/when they want to use them.  It's a waste of electricity to leave them on just to skip boot times.  I run Einstein@Home, rosetta@home, and SETI@home.  This way I feel I'm contributing something and get instant access to my PC.  Who say's you can't have your cake and eat it too?  (Of course I have to pay for the electricity my computer uses either way.)

You didn't hear? Every time you turn your computer on, it creates a spark which loosens the contacts and deteriorates the computer's strength...
every

« Reply #122 on: January 14, 2008, 03:53:24 PM »
Is that true. I've turned this computer on millions upon billions of times. I havent noticed any change.
SSBB theme lyrics: I'll be the Marth, Luigi noob, This is Yoshi's B, This monkey wants to hug him. I'll heat the duck, Uigi noob, pooped through the dress this monkey wears to work.

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #123 on: January 14, 2008, 05:12:57 PM »
neotev be right me matey
What ever you do don't press Ctrl-W

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #124 on: January 14, 2008, 06:39:59 PM »
Well Glorb, what you didn't hear is that people make up good cases for both turning computers off and leaving them on all the time. Whether all of this is verified is another matter.

EDIT: What I would really like is the ability to play any given game on a handheld and on a console. I'm not talking about ports, I'm talking about the same game. I like RPGs and I would play them on a handheld when I didn't have time to play on a console. The Game Boy Player comes close (Final Fantasy V was good this way) but it would be cool if there was a way to do with with at least DS/PSX quality graphics. PSP slim's video port isn't what I mean either, although that's pretty nifty.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2008, 06:42:43 PM by Chupperson Weird »
That was a joke.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #125 on: January 14, 2008, 08:21:15 PM »
TurboGrafx-16/TurboExpress says "Hi."  Too bad nobody else did that (aside from Sega Nomad, which is too bulky to count).

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #126 on: January 15, 2008, 08:36:09 AM »
Good, you actually realize this.

Now you know what you must do to get us to STOP having fits, hm? It's okay to not agree with Nintendo, but I feel that's all you registered here for. To whine and moan about it.
Why do you keep saying that? I know no one pays attention to a noob's first posts, but I was sitting pretty keen with Nintendo for at least the first few months here.

Also, I agree that maybe it is best that portable games be small, in which case Nintendo is at fault for releasing awesome games like Mario and Luigi and Minish Cap for the GBA and fooling me into thinking the opposite.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #127 on: January 15, 2008, 09:29:06 AM »
Imagine how many times better those games could have been in three dimensions with higher audio quality on the GameCube.

It's true, most of my GBA games are console-style. Practically all but WarioWare: Twisted! In its time and until a while ago, I played my handhelds in the car between locations. But soon I won't have that freedom, being the driver myself... My GBA games will rarely be played (partly because I could play the Wii in the car on long trips if I wanted to). My DS, on the other hand, has the games you loathe so, for when I'm waiting for something for whatever reason (not green lights... I know what I'm doing).
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #128 on: January 15, 2008, 05:52:11 PM »
This guy.

"This is not your father's Mario Kart."

He looks like a goomba.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 07:01:47 PM by Shyguy92 »
"it's always the present"

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #129 on: January 15, 2008, 06:40:47 PM »
That guy may be a fool, but I have high hopes for Mario Kart Wii. It looks wonderful, it has old tracks (let's hope there are a lot of the best ones... Wario Collosseum?), and hear him! "That's because of a variety of control choices, including a franchise first..." GameCube Controller? I hope so.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #130 on: January 15, 2008, 09:29:21 PM »
Man, the problem is, nowadays Super Mario Kart is Your Father's Mario Kart.
That was a joke.

« Reply #131 on: January 16, 2008, 01:05:32 AM »
I just want the Mario Kart series to return to the Mario Kart 64 control sensitivity, weight, and size. No heavy two-seater karts. No squirrelly SNES/DS-era karts. Just a marriage of the N64 control with preferably the SNES tracks. Although seeing cows run around on the track seems interesting.

What ticks me off is... well, a lot... let's see what comes off the top of my head.
- Still no EarthBound for Wii Virtual Console.
- Ever since they released Sin and Punishment, that convinces me that an unreleased-but-playable game like Star Fox 2 or Mother Zero could also appear. Yet it hasn't. For the love of Yoshi, release Star Fox 2 and either Mother 0 or Mother 3 already!
- Hearing that there's a lot of shovelware for Wii. For the people who don't read game reviews, don't rent games, or just don't care, I fear they'll get fed up with picking up mediocre games and swear off the Wii.
- The cast of the Star Fox series going downhill in appearance. I can't bear to look at them now.
- Beyond Good & Evil selling poorly.
- Half-Life 2 randomly crashes on my computer due to DirectX errors no matter what I do. Prevented me from getting the Orange Box!
- Shadow of the Colossus (PS2 game) will probably never get released to a console that could fix its framerate and visual clarity issues.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 01:09:59 AM by penguinwizard »
You didn't say wot wot.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #132 on: January 16, 2008, 08:13:04 AM »
- Shadow of the Colossus (PS2 game) will probably never get released to a console that could fix its framerate and visual clarity issues.
Yeah verily. I'd sell a non-vital organ to see that on the Wii someday.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #133 on: January 16, 2008, 10:29:32 AM »
There isn't a Mother 0... The game commonly called Earthbound Zero is Mother 1.
I was under the impression that the PS3 actually did something in the way of improving SotC's framerate. With the PS3s that just emulate older CPUs, it's conceivable that they would be able to run it at a higher constant framerate. As for "visual clarity issues"... Since the game itself is actually pretty sharp, I'd say you missed the point of the art style, i.e. it's supposed to have motion blur and be washed out.
That was a joke.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #134 on: January 16, 2008, 10:17:33 PM »
I just want the Mario Kart series to return to the Mario Kart 64 control sensitivity, weight, and size. No heavy two-seater karts. No squirrelly SNES/DS-era karts. Just a marriage of the N64 control with preferably the SNES tracks.
This is the truth. I loved MK64's control as well as the power-sliding mechanic. It worked well on turns without being horribly broken as it is today.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Print