Muslim
1 (1.8%)
Other (Please Explain)
9 (16.4%)
Atheist
18 (32.7%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Print

Author Topic: What's Your Religion?  (Read 129543 times)

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #180 on: November 03, 2008, 08:35:32 PM »
Quoting the post directly above you should be made against the rules. I just read the freakin' post, I don't want to read the whole thing again.
every

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #181 on: November 03, 2008, 08:55:47 PM »
I too sometimes think I'm on a TV show. Sometimes it's very poorly written.
That was a joke.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #182 on: November 03, 2008, 10:56:53 PM »
I dont think its a problem to quote above unless its a freaking humongous post similar in size to mine.
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #183 on: November 03, 2008, 10:59:39 PM »
It makes sense to quote a post above yours if you're responding to a specific part of it or if you're breaking it down line-by-line. The only real reason I can see for quoting like that is if you think your post will have a post made before it, but SMF warns you when this happens.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #184 on: November 11, 2008, 07:26:23 PM »
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #185 on: November 11, 2008, 07:33:47 PM »
It makes sense to quote a post above yours if you're responding to a specific part of it or if you're breaking it down line-by-line. The only real reason I can see for quoting like that is if you think your post will have a post made before it, but SMF warns you when this happens.
Or if you want to save the post you are responding to because you know it will be edited.  I hate when people edit posts to make it look like they never posted something.  I only edit to fix typos, grammar, or to add something.  When adding something I usually put it in an "Edit" line at the bottom. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #186 on: November 14, 2008, 06:02:18 PM »
Most of the time, however, people only edit posts for minor mistakes.
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #187 on: November 15, 2008, 05:59:25 PM »
hahaha
"it's always the present"

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #188 on: November 20, 2008, 05:43:24 PM »
Actually, if DK weren't so fun to play as in SSB, I would hate him, too...  Nothing personal, I just hate monkeys/apes/gorillas.
Hmm, I wonder why...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #189 on: November 20, 2008, 06:21:26 PM »
Im Mormon
SSBB theme lyrics: I'll be the Marth, Luigi noob, This is Yoshi's B, This monkey wants to hug him. I'll heat the duck, Uigi noob, pooped through the dress this monkey wears to work.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #190 on: November 24, 2008, 07:05:18 PM »
Yeah 'cause science has fundamentally proven every single aspect of religion wrong. Gotcha. You uh, you mind telling me about this grand law that was emperically tested which absolutely 100% proves there's no higher being?

I'll let'cha get back to me on that one.
= = = = = = =

« Reply #191 on: November 24, 2008, 08:10:05 PM »
I wish you would have quoted something because I have no idea what you're responding to.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #192 on: November 24, 2008, 08:14:02 PM »
I think he means the chart above.

It doesn't say religion is total bull, it just shames how some people ignore the facts because it goes against their religion. But science doesn't disprove every religious belief. I mean, I personally find it hard to believe that a bunch of nothing could suddenly blow up and make something. Then again, before anything ever existed, what could that have been like? So perhaps the most logical thing is that time is a wheel that never begins nor ends (some religions have that idea). But I only have a few decades to live so I'm not going to waste it all pondering useless and unfathomable stuff like how the universe happened.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #193 on: November 24, 2008, 08:27:14 PM »
Hence what I said about any sort of all-powerful, all-knowing deity not being worth trying to comprehend.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #194 on: December 05, 2008, 05:25:15 PM »
The thing that gets me though, is that Atheists criticize religious people because they see them as ignorant, stubborn, and blindly following an unproven concept. Yet at the same time, these Atheists are the first to argue for enormous theories like the Big Bang which have little proof themselves. Point is, there's a lot of things in science that aren't actually proven either. Outright stating that there's no proof of God is equally as ignorant as the ones they call ignorant.

Another thing about atheists I'm sick of, they constantly cite stories in the Bible when attempting to disprove Christianity. Yeah, there's people who read the Bible word for word, literally. I'll agree with atheists on that one, those people are stupid and clearly can't think for themselves. Atheists like to say that reading the Bible will make any intelligent person an atheist due to stories like Noah's ark or the trials of Job.  Yet by doing this, they're showing just how ignorant they are themselves. A lot of the Bible is metaphorical. If you're an atheist and use it literally to debunk it, you're an idiot. If you're this enlightened, superior intellectual then why can't you realize this concept that the Bible isn't literal?
= = = = = = =

Print