Print

Author Topic: None Like It HOT!  (Read 7211 times)

« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2006, 04:05:50 PM »
Come on you two, please don't do this. Don't argue.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2006, 04:09:10 PM »
Umm...uhhh...He started it!!! *points at fuzzy*

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2006, 04:29:33 PM »
I have a Honda Civic Hybrid, but I typically drive 2+ hours a day.

I don't have an AC in my house, but the central fan, ceiling fans, dishwasher, TV, computer, etc. are almost always on.

My recyle bin usually has more in it then my trash bin, but I waste a lot.  For example, I leave the water running while brushing my teeth and shaving, my wife takes a lot of large jacuzzi baths, and I water my lawn, flowers, and trees twice a day.

In other words, anything good I do for the environment is probably canceled out by what I do bad to it.  That's typical.  For example, electronics become more effecient, but people use more electronics so the total electricity used does not decrease.  Same thing happens with food/crops.  Farmers/companies become more effecient and yield more consumable food by using things like fertilizers, pesticides, genetic modifications, radiation, etc., but the population grows to match it. 

“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2006, 05:02:19 PM »
The house we're in doesn't have air conditioning, and we have a Prius hybrid.  And we recycle!

But I'm not a vegetarian, so...
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

fuzzy

• Banned
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2006, 05:09:30 PM »
Why not? I want to live the rest of my life happy, not uncomfortable. I mean I'd rather live a short happy life than a long miserable one.

Being energy efficient it not uncomfortable.  Of course you could always make it uncomfortable but it doesn't have to be.  Your being silly.  And remember: This isn't all about you.

Luigison: First off, you get 100 points for having a hybrid and 50 points for recycling.  Second, even though using electricity is curently bad for the environment, I think as long as you use it resposibly (i.e.  using things when they are on like your computer etc.) it isn't your fault.  Same thing with the water.  Just support solor power etc. when you can.  
P.S.  Don't worry about the farmers at the moment.

Hirocon-20 pts.
Mr. Wiggles-20 pts.
pt_peach-20 pts.
Luigison-150 pts.
Markio-170 pts.

Markio is in the lead!

EDIT:  G-Dawg, go to the following link and wach the first movie on the page.  You can't miss it.  Watch the second one on the page too. http://climatecrisis.org/

« Last Edit: July 14, 2006, 05:26:57 PM by fuzzy »
"If you want to make enemies, try to change something."--Woodrow Wilson

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2006, 05:35:13 PM »
... Just support solor power...
Well, I use solar energy to produce vitamin D.  Does that count?  </sarcasm>

BTW, I'm a science teacher and teach a unit on energy in which solar energy makes up several lessons.  Don't give me any points for that though. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

fuzzy

• Banned
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2006, 05:51:57 PM »
Are you kidding me?  That's very important to teach the younger generations about solor energy.  5 points.

« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2006, 05:57:16 PM »
Well, there is some effect of Global Warming, as so far this year has been the hottest in US since record keeping began, according to http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=2192795.  My house has 5 window ACs, though we don't use them for much more than fans.  Not to save the planet, but to save some cash.  Oh well, I guess it works out right in the end...in a way.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2006, 05:58:22 PM »
My house has air conditioning, but we never use it.  We just have a lot of fans blowing, and windows open.  Fresh air is nice.    
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

fuzzy

• Banned
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2006, 06:30:39 PM »
Hirocon-20 pts.
Mr. Wiggles-20 pts.
pt_peach-20 pts.
Luigison-150 pts.
Markio-170 pts.
The Blue Toad-20 pts.
CoconutMikeNIke-15 pts.

Markio is in the lead!

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2006, 06:53:55 PM »
I must admit now, the world may be in peril, and it will end soon, but it would end eventually anyway.
As for me, I recycle, and I like the idea of solar energy. It is a lot healthier, and reduces smog, and smog is one of the reasons I hate the city. Also, I think that while people waste energy created by something harmful, an unused energy source is shooting down ridiculous amounts of power, only to hit the groung and never be used for good. Solar power is a great idea. C'mon, even nature says so! Look at plants! they're solar powered.
However, my house is at 75 and my mom drives a normal car. I can't really help these things. I don't litter though.
Maybe doing things like this will buy the world some time.

« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2006, 07:13:05 PM »

Make sure your thermostat is no lower than 78 degrees this summer!

Uhhhhh.........no.I don't feel like baking in the Texas 100 degree weather INSIDE!!

Also, some people worry too much. Global Warming will not destroy the world.Don't you people have faith that nothing bad will happen?

Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

fuzzy

• Banned
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2006, 07:20:26 PM »
Uhhhhh.........no.I don't feel like baking in the Texas 100 degree weather INSIDE!!

Come on now.  78 is not that bad!  Use fans and other cooling methods and you should be fine.

Hirocon-20 pts.
Mr. Wiggles-20 pts.
pt_peach-20 pts.
Luigison-150 pts.
Markio-170 pts.
The Blue Toad-20 pts.
CoconutMikeNIke-15 pts.
solidmushroom-55 pts.

Markio is in the lead!

« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2006, 07:23:31 PM »
It was 80 in my house today because my mother wouldn't turn it down, and I hated it. Anyway, I saved a rabbit today from getting killed by my neighbor. Do I get points for that?
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Print