Print

Author Topic: The HOPEFUL thread: Be happy here!  (Read 1287058 times)

« Reply #2670 on: December 14, 2007, 03:33:56 PM »
7th grade seems to be the worst year for a lot of mature kids because their peers are going through an awkward phase. They aren't little kids anymore (K-6), yet they aren't ready to show the kind of maturity a high school student possesses. Then again, many high school kids show the same stupidity they had in middle school even when they're seniors, so like you said, maturity knows no age. My grandmother acted like a 3 year old until the day she died, quite frankly.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #2671 on: December 14, 2007, 07:30:02 PM »
So to take this discussion of school back to a lighter note, the girl I like seems to be returning the hints. Aside from our little talks, I caught her glancing at me across the room a couple of times. Also, she seemed really eager to talk to me today. I'm going to go visit her at work tomorrow, mainly because she works at that theatre, but also because they're playing I Am Legend at a decent time and I have Christmas shopping to complete.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #2672 on: December 14, 2007, 08:09:38 PM »
Hey, that reminds me...I gotta go see I Am Legend. I'm peeved that they got rid of the vampire portion ("dark seekers"? [wtd]?), but I'm interested in seeing Will Smith in a role like that. Yeah, okay, it's mostly for the actiony parts, but whatever.
every

« Reply #2673 on: December 14, 2007, 08:33:24 PM »
Let me know what you guys think about I am Legend in the Rotten Mushrooms topic. 

« Reply #2674 on: December 14, 2007, 09:28:57 PM »
I'm happy because I managed to install a second hard drive (with Ubuntu 7.0.4 installed on it) in my computer with absolutely no damage to hardware. Right now, it can only run Ubuntu, but it shouldn't be long before I can get it to boot XP too. (just needs some manual boot loader editing)
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #2675 on: December 16, 2007, 08:05:52 PM »
I am happy right now because I am in love. I doubt she likes me, but it still feels great to be in love.

« Reply #2676 on: December 16, 2007, 10:54:36 PM »
The forums have the sent of love in the air now.  Oh wait, that's just my computer bursting into flames.
Let's burn some stuff and call it science.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #2677 on: December 16, 2007, 10:56:07 PM »
Speaking of which, I was playing Rayman: Raving Rabbids 2 today, and now my brother and I have "Teenager in Love" stuck in our heads.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #2678 on: December 16, 2007, 11:11:28 PM »
I've got Buckethead's "Final Wars" stuck in my head. It's weird; I was at a local GameStop, when I spontaneously remembered that really fast part after the initial riff and before that slow part that goes "meedleymeedley meedleymeedley meedleymeedley meedleymeed-le meedleymeedley meedle-meedle-meedle". I couldn't remember what song it was from, so I asked the clerk, who looked at me like I was acting weirder than I normally do when I'm browsing. So, as I was on my way home, I began remembering other parts until i remembered the whole song, plus the name. That happens to me all the time with song with distinctive riffs like "The Trooper" and "Immigrant Song".
every

« Reply #2679 on: December 19, 2007, 10:37:10 PM »
So, I played the mellophone for the first time today.

Actually, it was more like a bugle, as it was keyed in G and only had two valves, but I caught on quite quickly. I'll be marching in a parade with the corps in March, for the St. Patrick's day parade.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Jman

• Score
« Reply #2680 on: December 20, 2007, 03:38:37 PM »
I'm happy because I turned 20 today.  Yes, I have now amassed two decades on this planet of ours.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #2681 on: December 21, 2007, 05:47:56 PM »
I got this brand new MacBook as an early Christmas gift. I took this picture with the built-in camera.

It's like those obligatory cell-phone-in-mirror pics you see on MySpace pages, except I actually bothered to compensate for the mirror's horizontal flip.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #2682 on: December 21, 2007, 08:09:58 PM »
My Christmoose break starts today! Yahoo!
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

« Reply #2683 on: December 21, 2007, 08:13:17 PM »
Mine started today too.

« Reply #2684 on: December 21, 2007, 08:20:13 PM »
I got a cellphone-in-mirror pic. =D
« Last Edit: December 21, 2007, 08:23:10 PM by Vidgmchtr »
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Print