Print

Author Topic: The HOPEFUL thread: Be happy here!  (Read 1273158 times)

« Reply #2535 on: October 21, 2007, 10:48:54 PM »
I believe the complete list is Beast and the Harlot, Misirlou, Six. Actually I think there's one more in the bonus songs that still gets me.
Seriously? I have Beast and the Harlot 5-starred like cake. And the only bonus songs I haven't 5-starred are Jordan and Six. I have Lizard Dude beat on two songs :D

« Reply #2536 on: October 22, 2007, 12:41:59 AM »
Yeah, but you have 4 three-star songs and an unbeaten song, whereas I only have 4 four-stars and the rest fivers.

Beast and the Harlot is tailor-made to exploit the problem with my technique.

« Reply #2537 on: October 22, 2007, 01:57:21 AM »
How about you just do what you feel is right?

Ultimately, I'd go with no. Though it'd probably be fun to have a tattoo in a place people don't normally see unless they catch me at the beach, I'd rather not go through the pain and trouble of getting one.

I've also toyed with the idea of a piercing, though not in a place on my face, eh heh...
(But again, the trouble and pain...yeah.)
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #2538 on: October 22, 2007, 01:54:13 PM »
I can't believe LD five-starred Jordan on Expert. Two things about that song freak me out: 1) It's like, 70% pull-offs, and 2) If LD can beat that song all down-strummed, then he must be Mike Tyson.
every

« Reply #2539 on: October 22, 2007, 04:46:21 PM »
I use only downstrum too... except for songs like Misirlou and the beginning of The Light that Blinds. Beast and the Harlot is easily manageable with all downstrum.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #2540 on: October 22, 2007, 05:33:30 PM »
I'm hopeful that I'll be able to get some things done in the form of fanfiction.  I have two fanfics on here, the same two fanfics plus two more on fanfiction.net, and I still have to write the big SSB Live Tournament.  Hopefully, I can do that during my long break after finals.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #2541 on: October 22, 2007, 06:08:40 PM »
Oh sorry, I haven't 5-starred Jordan and bobman37 reminded me that I think Light That Blinds is the other 4-star from the bonuses.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #2542 on: October 22, 2007, 06:56:43 PM »
I hope there'll be better games on the Wii someday...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #2543 on: October 22, 2007, 08:07:01 PM »
I hold moved GameCube titles responsible for the abundance of so-called mediocre Wii games. Twilight Princess, Super Paper Mario, Donkey Kong: Barrel Blast (I haven't played that one so I'm really just going by reviews, sorry)... all have that tacked-on feel where the Wii's new control is tied in (well from what I heard, the transition from bongos to air drumming was just broken). I think things are looking up for 2008...
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #2544 on: October 22, 2007, 10:24:29 PM »
How did TP and SPM have tacked-on feeling elements? I thought the motion sensing was right at home in both of those titles.
That was a joke.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #2545 on: October 22, 2007, 10:30:43 PM »
Twilight Princess's integration of motion sensing was excellent, iffin' you ask me. Admittedly, the controls for the sword weren't quite what I was hoping for, but they worked well. Using ranged weapons with pointing was a fantastic experience.

« Reply #2546 on: October 22, 2007, 10:41:10 PM »
I turned that option off the instant I was able. Having that fairy pointer on-screen at all times was absolutely horrendous.

The controller jerking for stylish moves in Super Paper Mario also really ground my gears.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #2547 on: October 22, 2007, 10:44:25 PM »
The pointing was nice in TP, but the sword-waving was kind of... not good.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #2548 on: October 23, 2007, 04:18:52 PM »
I disliked the sword mechanics in both TP and Red Steel. In the former it was just static animations that (closely) mimicked your movements, and in the former there was a pause inbetween the real swing and the game swing, which made it feel like pressing a button (which defeats the purpose of motion-sensing, pretty much).

On the bright side, I semi-officially have a girlfriend now. And in case you're wondering, she's the one who kicked me before. And then later kissed me.

Girls are weird.
every

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #2549 on: October 23, 2007, 05:27:43 PM »
You said former for both, though I assume you were referring to Red Steel when you said "closely mimics your movements".

I hope I'll actually have a rare moment soon where the combination of me having good ideas and time for my book combines...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Print