Print

Author Topic: The HOPEFUL thread: Be happy here!  (Read 1273717 times)

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #2925 on: February 20, 2008, 10:59:11 PM »
I'M JOINING A SMASH BROS TOURNEY AMONG FRIENDS. AND IT'S NOT THE COMPUTER. ANYONE GOT ANY TIPS? I never got it past stage 2 in Classic mode, only thing I ever unlocked was the first trophy you get at the start of the game...... I think I have a chance....
how about this: stay in one area of the stage, whenever someone gets close, ATTACK!!!

BTW, Good Luck
What ever you do don't press Ctrl-W

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #2926 on: February 21, 2008, 12:21:34 AM »
No, no, no, no, no. This is a tournament. A tournament is a series of one-on-one matches (or two-on-two) to determine the best player. Therefore the enemy would have to be mentally retarded to not be going after him. And staying at the side isn't a good idea unless your strategy is to throw and edgeguard.

SushieBoy: You've not specified what sort of skill level you or your opponents are, what exactly the rules are (time vs. stock or items on vs. off change everything) nor the most important thing: whom you're using!
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #2927 on: February 21, 2008, 10:26:12 AM »
I never got it past stage 2 in Classic mode, only thing I ever unlocked was the first trophy you get at the start of the game...... I think I have a chance....
Watch the tutorial video and you will be UNSTOPABLE.

Sushieboy are you serious that you cannot get past stage 2 in classic mode?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #2928 on: February 21, 2008, 05:56:42 PM »
He didn't specify the level. Very Hard mode is rather aptly named: your partner will die in five seconds (literally, if it's Mr. Game & Watch). It takes some getting used to the AI's patterns to pass the two-on-two, and the one-on-ten is extremely difficult unless the enemies are Marios on Rainbow Cruise (in which  case it's only mostly difficult). I always end up with Team Captain Falcon or Team Donkey Kong.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #2929 on: February 22, 2008, 02:05:52 PM »
No, no, no, no, no. This is a tournament. A tournament is a series of one-on-one matches (or two-on-two) to determine the best player. Therefore the enemy would have to be mentally retarded to not be going after him. And staying at the side isn't a good idea unless your strategy is to throw and edgeguard.

SushieBoy: You've not specified what sort of skill level you or your opponents are, what exactly the rules are (time vs. stock or items on vs. off change everything) nor the most important thing: whom you're using!

I will use Luigi. My main since the first game. He is good for juggling opponents in the air with his quick karate chop. Jigglypuff is also good for that..... I'm not sure of the rules. He said he would send out invitations with the rules on them. But he did say the fights would be on Final Destination..... And no Metal Slug Mario. I can get past stage two.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #2930 on: February 23, 2008, 11:41:27 AM »
I can't wait to go online with Brawl.  March 8th, baby. 
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #2931 on: February 23, 2008, 12:02:55 PM »
I can't wait to go online with Brawl.  March 8th, baby. 

Isn't it the 9th? What makes you so special?

Jman

• Score
« Reply #2932 on: February 23, 2008, 12:05:59 PM »
It is the 9th.  My bad.  I'm just hoping I get to play it before I go to Florida for Spring Break.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #2933 on: February 23, 2008, 02:49:22 PM »
I imagine that Brawl is going to be so much different from Melee, that everyone is going to forget that, and immediately go online and get weirded out by the new physics.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #2934 on: February 23, 2008, 04:38:33 PM »
I imagine that Brawl is going to be so much different from Melee, that everyone is going to forget that, and immediately go online and get weirded out by the new physics.

Well duh. What do you expect? Beside It's not like long time fans won't immediately pick up on the new physics and whatnot. Things like that come natural to you, you know.

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #2935 on: February 23, 2008, 04:42:42 PM »
Natural to me, but perhaps not the other millions of people who want to play... Luckily we won't have to hear them whining through headsets.

...Even though having headsets for online games on the Wii would be so much better...

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #2936 on: February 23, 2008, 06:27:06 PM »
No, it's going to be so different that tournament players won't even touch it due to the game being changed from their beloved Melee.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #2937 on: February 23, 2008, 09:36:22 PM »
It's actually alarming how many people have said something along the lines of "No wavedashing? Brawl's gonna suck" or "Tripping? k this isn't Brawl this is just Melee 2.0" or even "Brawl is a huge disappointment I'm sticking to Melee". Sometimes when I read these posts I just want to hit someone upside the head. Good thing TMK doesn't have a large following of pro Smashers.

Anyway, on a happier note, I just had Subway for lunch. xP
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #2938 on: February 23, 2008, 10:38:33 PM »

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #2939 on: February 24, 2008, 05:11:56 AM »
I look forward to the disappearance of wavedashing! While I recognize that it takes skill to do it, wavedashing's far less fair to people who can't do it than, say, snaking.

Print