Print

Author Topic: The HOPEFUL thread: Be happy here!  (Read 1273131 times)

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #3000 on: March 10, 2008, 05:55:00 AM »
Just to spite the younger bunch: I'm going to be playing Brawl all day tomorrow while you're all at school and doing homework.
Lucky, I would miss school to play, but we have our Standardized Test Tomorrow :(
What ever you do don't press Ctrl-W

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #3001 on: March 11, 2008, 05:33:51 AM »
I feel kinda special at this time simply because I just went Brawl night long. Fun times. Funny thing is, I was the only one to stay up the whole night, although everyone else at the party was making near-death threats about falling asleep.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #3002 on: March 11, 2008, 09:36:52 PM »
I had assumed that my family's trip to Reno over Spring Break would last from Friday to Friday of next week, but I learned that we will be back by next Wednesday. So, that makes my wait one week long. I cannot play Melee at all. Ness's badness in Melee is really very evident to me now; Brawl's characters all seemed fairly balanced to me (except for some match-ups--Meta Knight users will have a tough time beating Lucario users as Meta Knight lacks a good killer), and I believe an unbiased tier list will be difficult to construct. Instead of Melee, I will play through The Wind Waker again until Wednesday.

Also, the California High School Exit Exam is a joke. The hardest part for me was stalling to miss fifth period (P.E.). First I slowed down, answering a question every two minutes or so. When I noticed I was going too fast, I went back and made all my filled circles for answers perfect. I stalled on the questions some more and started reading every single passage, and when I finished I still needed to stall about half an hour. So I slowly and carefully checked my answers (correcting five, actually). I was only able to stall through half of P.E.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #3003 on: March 11, 2008, 09:42:02 PM »
Also, the California High School Exit Exam is a joke.

I agree. The Texas Exit Exam is a snap as well. I literally went into the exams cold my Junior year and passed all of them without much trouble. I think they're a waste of time compared to the much tougher (and important) SAT and AP tests.

They are good if you want to skip a class however. I stalled so that I could miss my chemistry class my sophomore year.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #3004 on: March 11, 2008, 11:06:36 PM »
What about TAKS? That was for sophomores and under, right? That's how it went back when I had CSAPs. Those sucked. They were easy and a waste of four days. But we had no homework and got to sleep late!

« Reply #3005 on: March 11, 2008, 11:22:47 PM »
TAKS is for Juniors and under in Texas. It is the exit exam I was talking about.

« Reply #3006 on: March 11, 2008, 11:32:49 PM »
Ah. Right.

« Reply #3007 on: March 11, 2008, 11:39:05 PM »
Uh, all this talk about TAKS reminds me of all the stupid songs my elementary school teachers would come up with in order to motivate us to pass.

"Another one bites the TAKS." Groan.

« Reply #3008 on: March 12, 2008, 12:39:09 AM »
On the other side of the spectrum, the New York State Regents exams are among the hardest standardized tests in the country.

"Yeah right."

My friend is still in high school right now, when he's 19 and I'm still 18. He got held back because he didn't do so great on the first set of Regents exams in the 4th grade.

Yes, standardized testing begins in 4th grade in this state, with English in January, and math in June of that year.

Then there's more testing in 8th grade, in more subjects, also including some science.

And then all through high school until 12th grade (Seniors don't have many classes, so they just finish off their requirements for graduation), with all academic subjects.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #3009 on: March 12, 2008, 01:36:57 AM »
Sonic Adventure 2: Battle for $15 Australian.

That's a big deal if the biggest games outlet in Australia sells pre-owned, manual-less and box-less Shadow the Hedgehog for $50.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #3010 on: March 12, 2008, 06:57:11 PM »
I love how Capcom completely ripped off Virtua Fighter 5's El Blaze but carefully made sure their character's mask resembled that of Mistico instead of Rey Mysterio.

Pretty clever there, hopefully he gets a special entrance with Zangief that resembles Rey's trademark knee kicks to big guys.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #3011 on: March 16, 2008, 09:12:05 AM »
Uh, all this talk about TAKS reminds me of all the stupid songs my elementary school teachers would come up with in order to motivate us to pass.

"Another one bites the TAKS." Groan.

That's almost as bad as Crazy Frog's cover of "We are the champions."
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #3012 on: March 16, 2008, 07:44:56 PM »
Crazy Frog's cover of "We are the champions."

no
every

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #3013 on: March 16, 2008, 07:57:11 PM »
I agree. The Texas Exit Exam is a snap as well. I literally went into the exams cold my Junior year and passed all of them without much trouble. I think they're a waste of time compared to the much tougher (and important) SAT and AP tests.

They are good if you want to skip a class however. I stalled so that I could miss my chemistry class my sophomore year.
Same with our FCAT, they are a little to easy.

EX: (on the math part this was one of the questions):

(x=6)
80 - x2=

What ever you do don't press Ctrl-W

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #3014 on: March 16, 2008, 09:12:03 PM »
they are a little to easy.
But is there an English one?
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Print