Print

Author Topic: The HOPEFUL thread: Be happy here!  (Read 1273188 times)

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #3060 on: April 01, 2008, 09:09:35 PM »
Some stuff I bought today.

[img]
WHERE DID YOU GET THAT?!?!

(*ahem*) (*cough*) sorry about that...

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #3061 on: April 01, 2008, 10:55:06 PM »
GameStop. Apparently they aren't going to last too long, however--Deezer posted news about it late last year, if you remember.

They come two in a box. I don't remember if Mario had the Paragoomba or the Bob-Omb, but Luigi has the other. The Bullet Bill can come off of the stand, rotate on it, whatever.

When I have a car, I'm going to get some sort of adhesive pad and put Yoshi on the dashboard along with my dashboard pirate. May as well put Bill in there too. Those, my fuzzy dice, a Heavily Armed Pokey bumper sticker... Yeah, I'm cool. :D

And GameStop didn't have any Classic Controllers so I went to Target to get it. That's so ridiculous... a standard department store shouldn't be expected to have more video game-related items than a video game retailer across the parking lot. But Target's that great.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #3062 on: April 01, 2008, 11:44:15 PM »
Target is a surprisingly awesome place to find games. I got Taiko Drum Master there for $10. Also there have been reported other completely random ultra cheap price drops. GameStop, on the other hand, and EB, are usually out of stuff because a lot of people go there first.
That was a joke.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #3063 on: April 02, 2008, 04:37:50 AM »
Target is the best department store that I know of for just about anything.

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #3064 on: April 02, 2008, 07:08:01 AM »
Since we're on the subject of figures, I picked these up at the Brawl launch.

Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #3065 on: April 02, 2008, 12:02:09 PM »
I picked up a Wario plush at the Brawl launch
Regards, Uncle Dolan

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #3066 on: April 02, 2008, 02:04:28 PM »
I considered getting a Luigi plushie, but...I dunno. The quality of them seemed a little shoddy and I already had the 21 inch version (which I, unfortunately, can't bear to look at because the person that gave it to me became a...never mind.)
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #3067 on: April 02, 2008, 03:21:36 PM »
I am fully aware of Target's awesomeness. Thing is, the one nearest to me is approximately 22 miles away, but man, is it awesome. The game demos section has a full version of Rock Band, fer cryin' out loud.
every

« Reply #3068 on: April 02, 2008, 04:06:07 PM »
But Target's that great.

Yes. That's where I got my copy of Mario Galaxy the day it came out with no waiting. That's right, absolutley nobody was in line to get the game. They had a several shelves full of the game, and nobody to buy them..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #3069 on: April 02, 2008, 05:23:03 PM »
But as Chupperson said, that's because people try game stores first. I only get my games from GameStop because I can preorder them there (though it's not really necessary for games that aren't Brawl).
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #3070 on: April 02, 2008, 05:42:56 PM »
I usually go to GameStop to look for older GCN, GB, and GBA games.  I found SFA for $10 today.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #3071 on: April 02, 2008, 05:55:21 PM »
Yeah Target's pretty good, they had Wii Points cards when Best Buy didn't.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #3072 on: April 02, 2008, 05:55:34 PM »
I picked Brawl up at a different place without preordering at all.
That was a joke.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #3073 on: April 02, 2008, 06:26:56 PM »
I've been to Target(s) before, but I don't think there's one within a million miles of where I live.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #3074 on: April 02, 2008, 07:29:41 PM »
I can't seem to find those figures anywhere. Neither Gamecrazy nor Gamestop has them, and the bigger stores don't carry them either. The only places I've got left to check are worthless Hot Topic shops and anime stores, and I'm not going in either of them.

Time to lurk Amazon I guess.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Print