Print

Author Topic: The HOPEFUL thread: Be happy here!  (Read 1273557 times)

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #3375 on: July 02, 2008, 01:48:18 PM »
Maybe Ridley's son comes back and, like, tries to kill Samus. I mean, Ridley's a hit with the ladies from what I hear, so it's not too far-fetched that he might have a kid. As for the part-Metroid thing, maybe, eh, Samus gets to talk to Metroids, Aquaman-style.
every

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #3376 on: July 02, 2008, 03:39:38 PM »
Space Pirates have been trying to domesticate Metroids for as long as they've possessed them (MP2: "Metroids are not pets!"), but not even the ability to screech at them meaningfully could change what their cold, killer, brain-meatballs think.

Or so one might think. There is, of course, one example of a Metroid sacrificing itself to save Samus, in Super Metroid. I'll just insist that you can't tell Metroids what to do.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 03:42:22 PM by Suffix »

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #3377 on: July 02, 2008, 06:05:30 PM »
I think the next Metroid game should come after Fusion. This game would involve Samus being hunted down by the Galactic Federation for blowing up SR388 and the spece station. Of course, the ending to Metroid Prime 3 would make this even more interesting.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #3378 on: July 02, 2008, 06:19:16 PM »
Let's hold a Metroid 5 fanfiction contest. +5 points for working in a connection to Cloverfield.
every

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #3379 on: July 02, 2008, 06:50:50 PM »
I'm hopeful because I got Kirby Air Ride on Ebay for $6.39 counting shipping, and should be in the mail/on my porch any day now.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #3380 on: July 02, 2008, 07:25:39 PM »
Let's hold a Metroid 5 fanfiction contest. +5 points for working in a connection to Cloverfield.
And the winner can have the extra copy of The Beast With A Billion Backs that my dad won at Wizard World.

...in all seriousness, if he doesn't end up selling it, I probably will try to persuade him to let me run a contest here to give it away.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #3381 on: July 02, 2008, 10:36:45 PM »
I finally found a copy of one of the DS launch titles (Warioware Touched to be specific) and it is a fun game that has me hooked right now.  I'm also playing a lot of Mario Kart Wii, and Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones lately.  I need to get back to playing Brawl again.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #3382 on: July 03, 2008, 12:00:41 PM »
Hey Jman, go and find Tetris DS now.

I am happy because we (my neighberhood) is having a BIG 4th of July party tonight! And one of the fire works that were purchased for the FIREWORKS SHOW have over 500 GRAMS OF EXPLOSIVE POWDER in them! That should be fun to watch (and put out.) The thing is, most of the fathers in our neighberhood are firefighters, so they can put out any fires that happen... I hope.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #3383 on: July 03, 2008, 01:31:18 PM »
We had some fireworks at a grad party recently which shook the ground when they exploded.  Good stuff.  The boom was almost deafening.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #3384 on: July 03, 2008, 02:20:21 PM »
I've got bottle rockets and some other stuff that my grandparents brought in a big bag over last year. Since we never finished 'em off, and I've also got Festival Balls, Bees, and Palms Trees, I'm not really buying more this year.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #3385 on: July 03, 2008, 05:06:07 PM »
I'm just crossing my fingers and hoping that our fireworks display doesn't get rained out for the third year in a row. That doesn't really fit the context of HOPEFUL, though, so I'll be happy.

Right now, about 25 feet away from me, there is a 4-CPU 99-Stock Level 3 Brawl match going on. I want to see how long it takes for them all to finish each other off, and maybe take some pictures. On that note, I need a new SD card, because my old one broke.

There I go ANGSTing again...

EDIT: About 20 minutes later, no one has lost 20 stock yet...
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 05:14:25 PM by BriGuy92 »
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #3386 on: July 03, 2008, 05:41:18 PM »
I used to leave Melee on all night with a level 9 Link against a level 9 Ganondorf on Pokemon Stadium. Ganondorf always won by a huge margin.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #3387 on: July 03, 2008, 05:46:36 PM »
UPDATE: 50 minutes later, the person with the lowest stock (Donkey Kong) has 53 remaining. DIE FASTER!

UPDATE 2: After exactly two hours of brawling, Donkey Kong lost, Diddy Kong came in third, Lucas was second, and Pit took it all.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 11:27:51 AM by BriGuy92 »
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

« Reply #3388 on: July 04, 2008, 11:22:44 AM »
I've been playing Rayman Raving Rabbids 2. It's great fun.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #3389 on: July 06, 2008, 11:46:10 AM »
I wish they would come out with a direct Rayman sequel that consists of more than minigames.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Print