Print

Author Topic: The HOPEFUL thread: Be happy here!  (Read 1273251 times)

« Reply #3405 on: July 12, 2008, 03:07:52 PM »
I had a heckuva steller birthday. To some it might have seemed lame but it was awesome to me.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #3406 on: July 12, 2008, 03:40:13 PM »
Oh, hey, happy birthday!

This post is your present.
every

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #3407 on: July 12, 2008, 04:43:53 PM »
I'm hopeful because I unlocked the Dragoon for Free Run in Kirby Air Ride.  Insignificant, I know, but it was kinda hard.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #3408 on: July 13, 2008, 08:00:57 AM »
I've discovered three baby birds living in our mailbox. I've taken the liberty of naming them for their mother: Charlie, Fredward, and Scooter.
every

« Reply #3409 on: July 13, 2008, 08:39:24 AM »
Awww, that's so sweet! Here's what happened on my birthday:

Well, my good friend Gloria came over. She's Salvadorian and she taught me how to make Floutas (you all know them as taquitos :D) and tomatillo and jalepeno and garlic salsa. We slaved over the stove and I became noticed as an expert taquito roller ;D. It was very fun. Afterwards, when we were supposed to start eating, I made a batch of brownies (very easy, I'll write the recipe below...I don't know if any of you care, though) and threw them in the oven and we sat down and ate a very nice dinner, complete with thinly chopped lettuce (in ice water ^-^) and ginger ale.

We all ate, and talked, and watched MADtv stuff on youtube, and played Wii Sports, and ate brownies and watermelon (horrible, bowel inducing combination, by the way and no, it wasn't me who ate it). It was her first time playing the Wii. She got a hang onto Tennis pretty quickly. I showed her my Micheal Jackson Mii XD

Then she gave me a cute mini-sized card and two See's Candy lollipops. (she said she didn't get chocolate because we eat too much chocolate :p)

Good Brownies (no, no, just kidding [one-bowl brownies from the back of the chocolate box])

preheat the oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit. grease a long rectangular baking dish.

4 squares of Bakers Unsweatened Baking Chocolate
3/4 cup of butter (1 and 1/2 sticks of butter, for the record)
2 cups of sugar
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup flour

melt the chocolate and butter together in the microwave until melted. If the butter is already melted all the way, then mix the chocolate until it gets melted all the way.

pour the chocolate-butter mixture in a bowl. add the two cups of sugar and mix until well mixed.

mix in 3 eggs and 1 teaspoon of vanilla. mix well.

mix in the 1 cup of flour and pour into prepared baking dish.

bake for 32 minutes exactly (I timed it. The package said that bake for 35 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean. 32 exact minutes does the trick...or it might depend of your oven)

let cool for five minutes. loosen the brownies from the side of the pan. let cool and then cut into squares. It'll usually make 24 regular sized squares.

EDIT

I JUST ORDERED BRAWL!!!! Brand new for $40 bucks on Amazon
« Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 09:45:05 PM by Pt_Peach »
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #3410 on: July 13, 2008, 10:57:20 PM »
That "Super Brawling Brother Smash" game? Eh, sounds kinda mediocre. I haven't heard much good stuff about it, myself.
every

goodie

• Nike and Reebok
« Reply #3411 on: July 14, 2008, 01:53:49 PM »
I'm happy because today I recieved my copy of SMB2j from nesreproductions.com.
576f726c6420392069732061207365637265742e

« Reply #3412 on: July 14, 2008, 02:21:40 PM »
I like how that site has Kart Fighter under the "Released in Japan" section.

Johnny_Macho

• was_shot three_times
« Reply #3413 on: July 14, 2008, 08:38:48 PM »
Ah, my 15th birthday was a blast, I stepped on a broken Jack Daniels bottle and someone got shot down the street. But I did get 10 bucks, so I'm happy.
"I'm your only friend, I'm not your only friend, But I'm a little glowing friend, But really I'm not actually your friend, But I am" - They Might Be Giants, 'Birdhouse in your soul'

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #3414 on: July 14, 2008, 11:04:09 PM »
I am totally going to be there for your 16th Birthday party.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #3415 on: July 15, 2008, 01:09:12 PM »
Ah, my 15th birthday was a blast, I stepped on a broken Jack Daniels bottle and someone got shot down the street. But I did get 10 bucks, so I'm happy.

You mean you wouldn't be after stepping on a broken Jack Daniels bottle and seeing someone get shot.

Kids these days.
every

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #3416 on: July 15, 2008, 01:41:06 PM »
I caught a shiny Shuppet in Pokémon Emerald today.

Okay. It's not much, but I need something to be happy about, no?
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #3417 on: July 15, 2008, 02:29:24 PM »
I haven't even caught a glimpse of any shiny Pokémon in any Pokémon games. How do you do it?

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #3418 on: July 15, 2008, 03:40:11 PM »
Luck. Lots of it. Though in the case in the 4th generation games, knowing how to chain Pokémon with the radar can help you get a specific shiny.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #3419 on: July 15, 2008, 03:41:47 PM »
Yes, just to see two alternately-colored Pokémon in such a short period of time is madness. I have had "shiny" Natu, Granbull, and Hitmonlee before and seen a weird Weedle in Generation II, and had a Wingull with green stripes on its wings in Sapphire, but now all I've got is normal.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Print