Print

Author Topic: The HOPEFUL thread: Be happy here!  (Read 1273875 times)

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4050 on: March 14, 2009, 11:43:03 AM »
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 High Definition Remix

Freaking YES.
every

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #4051 on: March 15, 2009, 02:11:26 PM »
That second screen of ABaHB makes the blob look like Gleep from Herculoids.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #4052 on: March 23, 2009, 11:25:29 AM »
I got Pokemon Platinum yesterday (which is why I wasn't online at all, if anybody noticed that).  It improves on Diamond/Pearl in every way, and is quite possibly more addicting than them, as well.  The Wi-Fi plaza is pretty neat.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #4053 on: March 23, 2009, 11:52:02 AM »
I beat BioShock! I got the good ending (which was kind of brief but good) from saving all the Little Sisters.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #4054 on: March 23, 2009, 02:32:26 PM »
What else makes Platinum better, again, besides
a wormier Giratina, a doggier Shaymin, and some effed-up 3-D dimension[?]

I know there's that Plaza thing, but is that it? I'm not trying to be sarcastic here, I want to know.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #4055 on: March 23, 2009, 02:42:21 PM »
My interest in the Pokémon series had re-emerged in the past year, so I'm actually interested in Platinum. I might buy it when I get my Nintendo DSi.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #4056 on: March 23, 2009, 03:20:19 PM »
I wonder when they'll make a Wii-i.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #4057 on: March 23, 2009, 03:27:12 PM »
Wait, I thought the Wii was the GameCube-i.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #4058 on: March 23, 2009, 04:06:07 PM »
What else makes Platinum better, again, besides 
I know there's that Plaza thing, but is that it? I'm not trying to be sarcastic here, I want to know.

Well, of course!  "Wormier Giratina" just understates the whole thing.  He's much more than "wormier," IMO.  Then, instead of getting a big fat nothing for fighting your way to the resort area, you get your own house.  There's the improved graphics and effects all over the place, not just in the "effed up 3-D dimension."  For example, the Elite Four member's rooms all now reflect their preferred Pokemon type.  Numerous small inprovements have been made; surfing is much faster, and moves look better and are quicker (the battles feel less choppy as a result).  Also, 59 more Pokemon have been added to the Sinnoh Dex, the gym leaders have been improved, the Battle Frontier makes its return ("meh" for me, but a lot of people have been clamoring for that since it was announced), and there's even a cafe in the survival area (another area that was rather skimpy on the features) where you can battle the gym leaders and your rival at higher levels.

You may notice I didn't bring up your point about Shaymin.  That's because Skymin looks to me like a starved chihuahua with mold growing on its head and ears. :P  Not a "pro" in my book.

Yeah, I'm happy with Platinum.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #4059 on: March 23, 2009, 05:50:19 PM »
On the current subject: with my Ruby team now at 87, I am capable of beating a team consisting of a Blaziken, a Sceptile, a Groudon, a Rayquaza and two Kyogre, all of which are level 85 or higher except the level 100 Sceptile and Kyogre (one of them). Well, only when they are computer-controlled in a Secret Base. In a link battle I lost. But I came close. And I can only expect greater things when my party is all at 100. After which various improvements (a couple replacements perhaps) will come.

That monster team is about the least creative thing I've ever seen. I think the Kyogre even have identical movesets. Thy give generous quantities of experience points in the secret base though (even if beating those points out of them is a bit difficult). More power to me.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #4060 on: March 23, 2009, 06:03:50 PM »
*Looks at his level 45 or so team, sighs.*

I should have picked a rival other than BP.
No! I don't want that!

« Reply #4061 on: March 23, 2009, 07:56:57 PM »
Well, of course!  "Wormier Giratina" just understates the whole thing.  He's much more than "wormier," IMO.  Then, instead of getting a big fat nothing for fighting your way to the resort area, you get your own house.  There's the improved graphics and effects all over the place, not just in the "effed up 3-D dimension."  For example, the Elite Four member's rooms all now reflect their preferred Pokemon type.  Numerous small inprovements have been made; surfing is much faster, and moves look better and are quicker (the battles feel less choppy as a result).  Also, 59 more Pokemon have been added to the Sinnoh Dex, the gym leaders have been improved, the Battle Frontier makes its return ("meh" for me, but a lot of people have been clamoring for that since it was announced), and there's even a cafe in the survival area (another area that was rather skimpy on the features) where you can battle the gym leaders and your rival at higher levels.

That's it. I'm getting the game. I've beaten Diamond and I promised my little brother he could get Platinum, but all that sounds too good to pass up.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #4062 on: March 23, 2009, 08:32:48 PM »
Also, 59 more Pokemon have been added to the Sinnoh Dex
Whoah, what?

EDIT: http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2009/3/23 (language warning should speak for itself)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 08:39:13 PM by ShadowBrain »

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #4063 on: March 24, 2009, 07:07:36 PM »
I beat the Elite Four today (I had to trade my lvl. 100 Porygon-Z and Staraptor from Pearl to do it, but hey, I didn't want to wait :P).  That's three days it took to beat most of the game.  Tomorrow I start on the Battle Zone and national 'dex.

« Reply #4064 on: March 24, 2009, 10:49:44 PM »
Improved graphics, new Pokemon, a Wi-Fi lobby and a complex 3D dimension ...right when I thought I was done with Pokemon, they pull you right back in. I'm definitely getting this game. People, you are looking at a retired Pokemon Trainer, but now, he's back in the game. I'll post my friend code for this game soon.
"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

Print