Print

Author Topic: The HOPEFUL thread: Be happy here!  (Read 1274345 times)

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #4065 on: March 25, 2009, 01:50:50 AM »
I just had this image of FBM being an old man, poppin' in his trainin' dentures and pickin' up a dusty pokeball.

I'm weird.
No! I don't want that!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4066 on: March 25, 2009, 10:50:38 AM »
Man, for a minute I thought you meant training like training wheels, and I was like why would you need training dentures? But now I understand.
That was a joke.

« Reply #4067 on: March 25, 2009, 12:03:48 PM »
The Wii has received a new update! It can now download to and load VC games and WiiWare from the SD card!

And new Zelda game announced: The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks for Nintendo DS.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2009, 12:15:59 PM by NintendoExpert89 »

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #4068 on: March 25, 2009, 12:57:31 PM »
And we get at least two classic Final Fantasies on the VC, and the FFIV cell phone sequel on WiiWare. And the Wii supports SDHC cards up to 32 GB.

And I think Link is on a train or something.

^ Like that, except Link.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4069 on: March 25, 2009, 05:05:05 PM »
The latest update has crippled new homebrew installs as well.
That was a joke.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #4070 on: March 25, 2009, 07:23:36 PM »
Quote from: Nintendo
What's this? People having fun doing free modifications on a console like people do on PCs? I don't think so!!!<3<3<3

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #4071 on: March 25, 2009, 10:30:19 PM »
Aw, they'll get the Twilight Hack and whatnot back up in a few days. At least we've got SD-saving, or whatever (I could've sworn you could do that before...).
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

CrossEyed7

« Reply #4072 on: March 25, 2009, 10:39:33 PM »
Nintendo is training (indirectly, though not necessarily unintentionally) the programmers of tomorrow to be creative problem-solvers, and making sure they never get too lazy.

Alternatively: Why bother testing for holes in your code yourself when you can release it earlier and have the rest of the world find holes for free?
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #4073 on: March 27, 2009, 07:04:10 PM »
I got the MOTHER 3 Handbook. I preordered it so it also came with a courage Badge keychain. It's got an extra sleeve that disguises it as the Pork Army Survival Manual. The back of it reads as follows.

Describes and clearly illustrates a vast array of topics including:
  • Proper doorknob usage
  • Toys as weapons
  • Weapons as toys
  • Wild Chimera encounters
  • Survival retreat
  • Statue avoidance
  • Frogs as ATMs
  • Railroad track safety
  • Curing nausea
  • Trusting strangers
  • Distracting enemies
  • Irritating enemies
  • Table driving
  • Dung exchange rates

And there's more.

Also today something coincidental AND ironic occurred. But I think I'll make it into a comic instead.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #4074 on: March 28, 2009, 07:14:43 PM »
I went ahead and bought the Ubisoft Classic Pack, Steam's current weekend deal. It consists of Beyond Good and Evil, Far Cry, Dark Messiah Might and Magic, and IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946, and costs $9.99 (all of those games are normally $9.99 each, so I was basically buying BG&E and getting three other games, at least two of which I'll play, for free).

CrossEyed7

« Reply #4075 on: March 28, 2009, 07:30:13 PM »
Slumdog Millionaire is an awesome movie. It's the first time I've both seen and loved the Best Picture winner (Crash was alright, Departed could have used less Nicholson nudity and more redeeming value). Still, Wall-E should have been nominated. Screw the "Best Animated Picture" category. At least change Best Picture to Best Live-Action Picture. How fair would it be if the Best Actor and Best Actress categories were Best Human Being In A Movie and Best Human Being In A Movie Who Is A Woman, and women could only win the latter? Not very fair at all, I'd say.

Obligatory TVTropes Link.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4076 on: March 28, 2009, 08:27:15 PM »
I would've bought the pack for DMoM&M, but I already own Far Cry in non-Steam form, I already own BG&E, and I couldn't give less of a crap over IL2 Sturmovik (though I've heard it's pretty fly).
every

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #4077 on: March 29, 2009, 10:58:59 AM »
I just finished moving my Steam folder to a 60GB hard drive in my dad's (now former, since he's said he's going to need to get another one because of this) external hard drive enclosure. An unintended (but awesome) side effect of this is that I can now use Steam on other computers, including the ones at school (though there's not much reason to, since school computers suck). Still, it's awesome that I can now go to the library and use their Internet for Steam (most likely only for downloading games, since the computers themselves most likely won't run TF2). Parentheses.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4078 on: March 29, 2009, 12:13:33 PM »
I'm pretty sure you couldn't do that before Steam Cloud came out.
every

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #4079 on: March 29, 2009, 06:18:57 PM »
You know the Rayman franchise has gone to the dogs when it's not considered a "classic" by the company who made it in the first place.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Print