Print

Author Topic: The HOPEFUL thread: Be happy here!  (Read 1273723 times)

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #4545 on: September 10, 2009, 08:16:27 PM »

And also this:
Gamestop Mario & Luigi 3 Receipt

So yeah, I'm happy.

And in case anyone couldn't tell, that is a preorder receipt for Mario & Luigi.

You shouldn't be, since you could get it earlier, on Sunday, at Toys 'R Us along with a $10 gift card!

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #4546 on: September 10, 2009, 08:54:15 PM »
Eh, oh well. I still get the game, so I'm still happy.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #4547 on: September 10, 2009, 09:29:56 PM »
The last two movies I've seen in theaters, District 9 and Inglourious Basterds, were amazing.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 01:14:50 PM by TEM »

« Reply #4548 on: September 10, 2009, 11:57:33 PM »
Heck, anything is better than the filler arcs they were putting out in those last few days.  You don't have to be a huge fan to appreciate how much better canon is than filler.

My problem wasn't the large amount of filler (hey, it gave Anko some spotlight and Anko is awesome). My problem is how Sasuke heavy the series has become and its getting extremely annoying. He's practically a demigod in his own world.

And the channel formerly known as Toon Disney used to air Power Rangers all the time, so your hopes might not be unlikely.

I know that. But they elminated all airings of that series as soon as the channel was rebranded as XD, the toyline is getting cutback to a small group at Bandai now and the current series is reduced to a pre-empted dead slot on Saturday mornings. As such, I have very little hope they will air it.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #4549 on: September 11, 2009, 12:38:18 AM »
I definitely agree with you about Inglourious Basterds, TEM, and would probably agree about District 9 except that I haven't seen it.

I'm happy because I have no classes on Fridays, meaning I'm free to do things like rewrite my three-page paper about shmups and attend the homecoming football game at my alma mater.

« Reply #4550 on: September 11, 2009, 02:04:11 AM »
2 of my friends and I are taking the CHSPE (California High School Placement Exam) and graduating a year early...if we past. We're hard workers, so it's all good. I've got no perks to stay in my school, so I'm pretty psyched about getting out.

Psh, all angst now. All angst. Stupid misleading websites. Cleverly crafting words to their advantage and to the woe of the students. Anywhoooo

I've got a job interview and I'm pretty sure I'll get the job. I got accepted for it last time so w00t...and I'm almost finished drivers ed.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 12:53:07 PM by Pt_Peach »
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #4551 on: September 11, 2009, 07:05:01 PM »
My mom told me that she preordered M&L:BIS for me for my birthday. Now I just have to wait exactly two weeks and do some extra chores in the meantime.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #4552 on: September 12, 2009, 02:21:20 AM »
Speaking of M&L:BIS, I've been reading about stuff since the ROM was dumped early (thank the people working at game stores who can't stop fellow employees from doing things like this when shipments arrive - the same thing happened with Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver), and it sounds like the game has some great copy-protection. From what I understand, it checks at the file selection screen (so people wishing to get around this can't perform an ARM7 file transplant, because the game creates a save file properly) and then a second time during the first battle (thwarting the first patch). Unless something's changed, the US version of the game only works on a handful of cards that an approximate total of seventeen people on Earth own.

I hope there are more checks later on in the game, perhaps one at every boss fight. This is the kind of thing that, if iterated enough, could cause people to give up in frustration and go buy a copy of the game. It's just too bad that most games don't have anything close to this (to compare it to some high-profile games that were uploaded to one particular site on the same day, there's no copy-protection at all in HG/SS or Scribblenauts).

« Reply #4553 on: September 12, 2009, 01:38:27 PM »
I recall seeing some threads where people were constantly asking for HG/SS patches, because random parts of the game would freeze (mainly when entering another screen). Was that just the emulator having trouble decrypting the ROM, or what?

Muramasa also seemed to have this little snag, where you couldn't collect all the weapons and the game would freeze when you reach a certain end screen. Sucks for Scribblenauts though since it doesn't seem to have any trouble playing for anyone.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #4554 on: September 12, 2009, 11:09:21 PM »
I don't know about the thing with HG/SS, but sometimes ROMs and/or flashcards just act up like that.

And yes, it does suck about Scribblenauts, because after having played a few hours of it, I want to buy it so hard, and I want everyone else to do the same. Those things you heard from people at E3 saying it was game of the year material? Listen to them.

« Reply #4555 on: September 15, 2009, 08:34:55 PM »
Well, Kuro's not dead, as evidenced by his online status at the time of this post. Just saying.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #4556 on: September 15, 2009, 10:59:06 PM »
Good to know he's alive and well. :) I'm hopeful because I finally got a graphic tablet. I'll be posting more of my artwork here soon.
"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #4557 on: September 16, 2009, 03:21:07 PM »
Seeing the sale on Garry's Mod reminded me that I own the game, so on a whim I loaded it and Portal onto my netbook. I loaded up Garry's Mod, set everything to minimum settings, and went into the open field map, and...it ran great. Up to the point where I created a ragdoll and the framerate dropped to six FPS, anyway. Seems like only ragdolls (and presumably HL2 enemies) have that problem, though, which is simultaneously neat (because it means I can still mess around with some stuff), inexplicable (because the minimum requirements include a 1.6GHz processor and mine is 900MHz), and lame (because it severely limits the image-creating abilities of the software if I want to use it on my netbook).

Haven't tried Portal yet. I don't imagine it'll run well.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4558 on: September 16, 2009, 04:01:24 PM »
Well, Kuro's not dead, as evidenced by his online status at the time of this post. Just saying.

I don't recall there ever being evidence to his demise, either.
every

« Reply #4559 on: September 16, 2009, 04:21:26 PM »
Well, some of us couldn't help but wonder due to his supposed suicidal tendencies.

Now is the part where you accuse him of being an attention whore instead of having actual problems.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Print