Print

Author Topic: The HOPEFUL thread: Be happy here!  (Read 1273742 times)

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #4575 on: September 22, 2009, 01:23:40 PM »
Week one.
Week two.
Week three.

(I'm donotcare95 on that forum instead of WarpRattler because of the user two places below me in the current overall standings.)

So far I'm seriously enjoying Strikers 1945 II. If I can finish it before the week is out, I'll probably make it week two's game for my shooting game thread. Otherwise, it'll be some Konami title.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #4576 on: September 22, 2009, 03:59:15 PM »
Sounds good. I just totally forgot that you were donotcare95.
Formerly quite reasonable.

« Reply #4577 on: September 23, 2009, 11:46:54 AM »
I've finally got my trich (trichotillomania...yes, it makes me sound crazy) almost entirely under control! No more random empty spots in my eyebrows and eyelashes missing.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4578 on: September 23, 2009, 02:14:51 PM »
I'm glad to hear that, since that sounds like one of the crappiest non-lethal problems to have.
every

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4579 on: September 26, 2009, 02:08:17 PM »
Party toniiiiiiiite.

Update later.
every

« Reply #4580 on: September 26, 2009, 07:33:33 PM »
I want to make a joke, but I'm not sure whether it'd be appropriate or not.

Oh yeah, Valkyria Chronicles is on sale at Wal-Mart for 20 bucks. There's really no way you can miss out on this game at this point and its easily one of the few shining gems on the PS3.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #4581 on: September 26, 2009, 11:18:31 PM »
It looks kinda interesting, but I'm not sure what about it says "spend your time on the 150 RPGs you own already". Although it isn't an RPG, right?
That was a joke.

« Reply #4582 on: September 27, 2009, 12:13:30 AM »
It's a strategy RPG, so there isn't a lot of grindan involved.

Still, its mostly worth playing because PS3 barely has any games.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #4583 on: September 27, 2009, 08:01:50 AM »
Guys, Demon's Souls in 9 days. We'll do the no friends list work around and RPG it up together.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #4584 on: September 27, 2009, 08:37:37 AM »
As far as Valkyria Chronicles goes, I hear you should avoid the anime like the plague.

I'd be all for Demon's Souls if I had a PS3 and a proper Internet connection, but it'd have to be both. Just having the former wouldn't be enough to make it worth it.

A few days ago I started playing the PC version of Guilty Gear XX #Reload thanks to n-fani. (For those who don't know, Guilty Gear XX is the one that introduced Bridget.) I've been having a lot of fun learning to play as various characters (mostly Venom, though).

The only problem I've had with it? It's been cutting a lot into my STGT Week Four time, which is why I haven't posted a good score yet this week (and why I'm posting about a shmup other than Strikers 1945 II in that thread).

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #4585 on: September 27, 2009, 12:11:53 PM »
Update time.

It was pretty fun. I was asked to DJ for a bit, which amounted to picking out MP3s to play, ignoring people's requests, and playing massive buttloads of classic hip-hop. I was one of like three people who was honestly sober by the time it ended. I saw a few boobies, some of which were female. I'm pretty sure I broke a vase at one point. No one had a lampshade on their heads.
every

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #4586 on: September 27, 2009, 01:59:14 PM »
Sounded like fun, for reals.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #4587 on: September 27, 2009, 02:04:31 PM »
As far as Valkyria Chronicles goes, I hear you should avoid the anime like the plague.

It's not that bad, it just so happens to totally change Alicia's character into something entirely different. I guess I don't really mind since I find her adorable in the series.

So Demon's Souls is worth buying then?

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #4588 on: September 27, 2009, 07:27:49 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVxeiLxVajc

The beginning of the movie is gay but wait until it shows the gameplay footage and brings in the sweet Japanese music.

« Reply #4589 on: September 27, 2009, 09:29:16 PM »
I went to Muslim Family Day at Six Flags yesterday and had an absolutely awesome time. I hung out with my friend I hadn't seen in 3 years. It reminded me of why I hate amusement parks (long lines) but I still had an awesome time scaring the crap out of myself and hanging out with my friends instead of with just my sisters. Plus we had In N Out afterwards, which always tops things off (my nausea wouldn't let me eat, though, so pink lemonade over here).

And today, painted little kids (and a few adults and babies) faces at the Abbot Kinney Festival and absolutely loved it! It was also the first time in a while that it was cold, in the daytime, in Southern California. Yay for pleasant suprises.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Print