Print

Author Topic: The HOPEFUL thread: Be happy here!  (Read 1273311 times)

« Reply #4680 on: December 04, 2009, 08:35:54 PM »
Doesn't RB2 include the option to custom-calibrate the game's response time? I know TB:RB does, and it's monumentally helpful.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #4681 on: December 04, 2009, 10:25:45 PM »
Yeah, it does. I can sit there all day and do the calibration test over and over and it will still say there is absolutely nothing wrong. I've manually fooled with it and still can't get it.

My guitar is just fine. It's relatively new and shows no problems at all with GHIII. If I go from GHIII to RB2, it's virtually unplayable and I get ****ed off before I even get three songs in because I'm used to no lag and having hyperspeed cranked all the way up (RB2's "breakneck speed" is as fast as Guitar Hero's Hyperspeed setting 2 out of 5 which is annoying). If I start with RB2 first before moving onto Guitar Hero, it gets better to an extent, but I still can't nail simple solos in Expert which would be a breeze on Guitar Hero. I have to teach myself to be not even half a second off the audio in order to nail stuff.

With relevance to the thread... it flurried here... with forecasts of snow coming up. It has snowed here in Texas four times in my life. Ironically, I hear that up north it's still in the 60s, etc. Our normal weather has swapped places.
Formerly quite reasonable.

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #4682 on: December 04, 2009, 10:35:21 PM »
I hope you're not playing it on a Wii, because past experiences have taught me that the Wii just can't emulate guitar hero games. GHIII wasn't so bad from what I remember, but Aerosmith, World Tour, and Metallica were awful. I assume the graphics in game cause a default response time delay, because calibration always yields 0 MS (and this was when I still had an analog TV!)

« Reply #4683 on: December 05, 2009, 12:19:03 AM »
Ironically, I hear that up north it's still in the 60s, etc. Our normal weather has swapped places.
I hope you're talking about north Texas, because I've been walking around with ice crystals in my beard from my breath instantly freezing to me for the last few weeks.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #4684 on: December 05, 2009, 01:36:02 AM »
I'm talking up north as in... New England area, Lizard Dude.

Kuromatsu: My GHIII and RB2 are both on the 360.

I made the terrible mistake of buying World Tour for the Wii (right before I bought my 360) to be treated with the most neglected port I've ever played. The strum & button lag is leaps and bounds worse than Rock Band 2's. If you play it with the generic 2nd guitar that comes with it (the smaller, white one), then it is marginally better, but the Wii's guitars are absolutely atrocious.

To add onto the lag (no matter what you do in calibration), the strum bars have a creaky spring in them that sounds like opening up an old screen door every time you strum, and it's makes it feel spongy and stupid. I like clicky... I like on/off. The Wii guitar is like having a clutch pedal for a strum bar. However, the 360's exact same guitars feel infinitely better. The strum bar is clicky, but it's smoother, so it's not even 1/3 as loud as the older ones, and the buttons don't move around and jiggle as if they got taped to the guitar from the underside. Oh yeah... since you have to put assemble the guitar together with the Wii version, my guitar drops green notes constantly... so even on easy, I would never be able to 100% a song because of that game-breaking problem.

To sum it up:

-Wii Guitars: Rusty, screen door-sounding springs (that resonate annoyingly), buttons don't go down as far, buttons feel sticky yet still jiggle around, have to put the Wiimote in there and secure it (very annoying when switching around games), main guitar (that comes in the bundle) drops green notes often and especially at the menus... which in turn, turns my remote off.

I was gonna do the other ones, but screw it.

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #4685 on: December 05, 2009, 07:19:38 AM »
I finally found out that BigAl2K6 is back YET AGAIN on YouTube.
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

« Reply #4686 on: December 05, 2009, 09:35:24 PM »
Whee, despite my academic troubles, I've found some awesome gems this week.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #4687 on: December 05, 2009, 10:04:52 PM »
Oh, look! A GBA-shaped... something!

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #4688 on: December 05, 2009, 10:42:02 PM »
The GBA thing once contained candy.

I just finished watching the anime based on Fate/stay night. Decent enough series, though the ending was a painful way to remind me why I enjoyed the Unlimited Blade Works path in the visual novel more than the Fate path, and why I'm looking forward to the movie currently in production.

« Reply #4689 on: December 05, 2009, 11:54:14 PM »
Oh, look! A GBA-shaped... something!

You've never had GBA Gummies? You haven't lived until you've eaten a fruity flavored candy Diddy Kong or Mario or-

Oh wait, you're in Canada so you guys don't get nice things like us superior Americans do.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #4690 on: December 06, 2009, 12:56:08 AM »
I have a miniature Wii Remote that shoots Smarties out of it with the B button. You can store the extra packs of Smarties in the battery holder... coincidentally, they're the same length and size as two AA batteries.

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #4691 on: December 06, 2009, 03:56:51 PM »
I didn't know that GBA Gummie containers came in...mustard yellow? I have four of them and none are that color.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

« Reply #4692 on: December 06, 2009, 04:06:44 PM »
Did GBAs ever even come in that colour?

Senor Wiggles: I've seen them at Toys 'R' Us, but their awesomeness quotient wasn't great enough to justify me getting one.

« Reply #4693 on: December 06, 2009, 05:49:28 PM »
I didn't know that GBA Gummie containers came in...mustard yellow? I have four of them and none are that color.

It's actually orange. The lighting from my desk lamp probably caused it to look that washed out. Here's a better shot with flash turned on.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 02:08:17 AM by Mr. Wiggles »

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #4694 on: December 07, 2009, 02:24:16 AM »
I picked up Raiden III, Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 (not FES), and Dance Dance Revolution SuperNOVA 2 yesterday while out shopping. Raiden III gives me another excuse to be allowed to tate the TV in my room (Ikaruga being my only reason before).

Also, looks like I'll be getting a mahjong set and one of the DS Guitar Hero games for Christmas, among other Things I Already Know About. This Christmas could only be less surprising if my parents decide not to wrap Dance Dance Revolution X and Chaos Field (note: not being surprised isn't necessarily a bad thing).

Print