Print

Author Topic: The HOPEFUL thread: Be happy here!  (Read 1273309 times)

« Reply #5295 on: November 17, 2010, 02:43:50 PM »
I'm assuming the exceptions are Soul Calibur games and your subscription to Power Girl.

Those "exceptions" are the only reason most people buy them.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #5296 on: November 17, 2010, 03:24:57 PM »
Power Girl, maybe.  But I'd imagine people buy the former because they genuinely like the gameplay.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5297 on: November 17, 2010, 10:34:03 PM »
I got it because I didn't own any legitimate fighting games and the character creation system in SCIII was pretty boss. To be honest, I've only played one or two times, and even then, it wasn't with Ivy.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #5298 on: November 29, 2010, 02:18:52 AM »
My UC, CSU, and Mills apps are in and I just baked a cake and banana bread at absurd hours of the morning.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #5299 on: December 08, 2010, 05:54:00 AM »
I finally finished writing both of my semester-end papers just now; I'm going to see if I can't catch three-to-four-ish hours of sleep before I have turn the first one in at 10:00.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5300 on: December 08, 2010, 10:19:10 AM »
Fall quarter is over, and a guy I know gave me a copy of Beyond Good and Evil and Fallout 3.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #5301 on: December 12, 2010, 03:31:21 PM »
I'm back home and Super Mario Bros. Online is back up! Also expect that SMS video soon.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

« Reply #5302 on: December 12, 2010, 07:15:47 PM »
5 more days of school and then FREEDOM.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #5303 on: December 12, 2010, 09:37:45 PM »
Snow.  Only about two-thirds of an inch, and it's not the type you make snowballs with, but nonetheless, it was so gorgeous out today.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

« Reply #5304 on: December 13, 2010, 03:37:16 AM »
You don't know how happy I am to finally find out what this show was called after all these years of barely remembering I had seen it before.

Thankfully some episodes are uploaded and I remember how depressing it got. Spanich anime combined with American toku made for an awesome combo back when I was a kid.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #5305 on: December 13, 2010, 03:58:58 AM »
Spanich

Popeye's favourite Tex-Mex dish?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #5306 on: December 14, 2010, 11:32:56 AM »
I found a Korean copy of Virtua Tennis: World Tour at GameStop for $3. I didn't even know GameStop started taking trade-ins of imports. (Also bought Mercury Meltdown and Ultimate Ghosts 'n' Goblins, but those are regular US copies.)

« Reply #5307 on: December 15, 2010, 02:07:10 AM »
That's not very surprising, considering how many bootlegs I've seen stocked in GameStop's used games section.

In the case of GBA games that is.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #5308 on: December 15, 2010, 04:15:06 AM »
I once found a version of Donkey Konga on the GBA in my local EB Games. I asked about it and the salesman there adamantly stated that it was a legitimate game.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #5309 on: December 15, 2010, 06:27:52 AM »
GameStop used to have pretty rigid policies about not taking trade-ins of imports or bootlegs, so it was pretty surprising to me.

Print