Print

Author Topic: The HOPEFUL thread: Be happy here!  (Read 1273135 times)

« Reply #5325 on: January 09, 2011, 03:45:52 AM »
I got my first college acceptance letter.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5326 on: January 09, 2011, 09:27:24 AM »
Hey, congratulations! I'm working my way down that road myself.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #5327 on: January 22, 2011, 05:59:20 PM »
Finally got to play Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game today after assembling a 4-man team to my demanding specifications (read all books, experienced gamer). The music and graphics of that game are legit to the max.

It also froze up twice. x_x                (I hate Microsoft's patching process......)

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5328 on: January 22, 2011, 10:19:08 PM »
My PS3 copy froze up once, pretty early in the game. That, combined with the fact that character data is seemingly organized by not only system profile, but controller number, and that this style of game is not inherently easy with two people using standard controllers, has made my brother and I not as eager to play it anymore as much as we probably ought to be.

« Reply #5329 on: January 22, 2011, 10:29:45 PM »
It also froze up twice. x_x
You sure that's not your xbox? ...>:(

« Reply #5330 on: January 22, 2011, 10:36:57 PM »
I hope I can get the other 13 Lost Levels in Super Mario All Stars - Super Mario bros. 3 to work. All 15 of the unused levels from the NES version are still in the ROM. Here are my preliminary findings:
http://board.gscentral.org/showthread.php/5894-SNES-code-submitions.?p=173973#post173973
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

« Reply #5331 on: January 23, 2011, 12:35:34 PM »
and that this style of game is not inherently easy with two people using standard controllers
As opposed to what type of controller?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #5332 on: January 23, 2011, 09:24:06 PM »
Well, seeing as it's an classic-style brawler, I'm inclined to think a variety of arcade joypad would be better. But hey, I'm also just not that good at it.

« Reply #5333 on: January 25, 2011, 10:51:21 AM »
I've been seriously thinking about becoming a teacher. It's something that I think I would enjoy doing, something I could turn into a career, and it'll pay the bills (moreso than the fast food industry. Bluh!)

I've been thinking third, fourth or fifth grade would be fun to teach..

Minor note: What grade level starts learning probability? I have a fun probability experiment in mind, if I ever get that far..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #5334 on: January 25, 2011, 11:33:59 AM »
My application to the college I applied to was accepted.

The only thing left to sort out now is scholarship stuff - I could potentially get a full ride.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #5335 on: January 25, 2011, 12:16:24 PM »
Awesome! Great job! If you want I can send you some scholarships that I applied to (no one shares with me, haha).
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #5336 on: January 25, 2011, 12:50:10 PM »
I made National Merit Semi-Finalist.  But I don't know if I'll be eligible for a full scholarship until I know if I've made Finalist.  Which I should sometime next month.

« Reply #5337 on: January 26, 2011, 12:17:25 AM »
These new headphones make everything much easier to listen to now. My old ones broke before I started classes last summer, so I've been stuck listening to videos and music through my pathetic laptops speakers, so I'm glad to hear stuff in stereo again.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #5338 on: January 27, 2011, 09:19:29 PM »
I saw TRON: Legacy.  I was actually pretty impressed.  Screw the critics; I enjoyed the film.

« Reply #5339 on: January 28, 2011, 05:56:04 PM »
In a few days from now I will start logging those Mario VB soundtracks into waves, but my Let's Play Series is doing great, and I need to to finish working on the rest of the 13 stages, which I'm heavily procrastinating with, and I'm still waiting to get my Gamecube Service Disk so I can record footage of the Mario Kart Tech demo so maybe I won't have time to log the songs just yet... but hopefully I will have them done by next week.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

Print