Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1710233 times)

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #3855 on: January 04, 2008, 11:54:56 AM »
You know what else? The Patriots are 16-0! So there!

You mean 16-0*

*With a cheater head coach.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #3856 on: January 04, 2008, 01:08:52 PM »
I HATE Football so much.

Never was a fan of it. I remember complaining about it as a young child, wanting to be taken home because I was cold, and hungry, and I didn't much care to see people running around a field throwing and catching an oddly-shaped ball.

I hated playing it in middle school, and usually just stood there while the other people on my team screwed around for the period.

I still hated playing it in high school. I also hated the fact that I had to be in the pep band so I had to sacrifice a perfectly good Saturday to sit on cold bleachers, holding a cold piece of coiled brass in my lap, on the verge of getting frostbite on my lips due to the mouthpiece which had become frozen over time, playing songs like Gimme Some Lovin', Jim Dandy, Hold On I'm Comin', etc. etc.

I didn't care if the school's team won or lost, I was quite happy to see the game end, whatever the outcome.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #3857 on: January 04, 2008, 03:23:39 PM »
A good tip is to keep the mouthpiece in your pocket.

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #3858 on: January 04, 2008, 03:57:56 PM »
I HATE Football so much.
That makes two of us, except Our Pep Band dosen't play for football because our school team... sucks... really bad.

« Reply #3859 on: January 04, 2008, 04:18:53 PM »
A good tip is to keep the mouthpiece in your pocket.
That would've been good advice about three years ago. XP

Thankfully, I learned at the end of my Junior year that the school budget cuts had cut the pep band from the band repertoire my senior year. We still had to march in the homecoming parade though, which wasn't as bad as it only lasted a few minutes rather than 5 HOURS.

One game I was in did not finish until after sunset, as they had gone into overtime, and even though points were scored then, the game didn't end there, like I had thought it would. Lots of people in the band were getting annoyed that they were being kept there so long. Our school's team won, and I actually thought of this as humorous, as this REALLY seemed to strike a nerve with the rival team's fans. They decided to riot the front of the school as well as the field. As I was waiting for my ride that evening, I constantly heard obscenities involving the school. A car had passed by me and a few others who were also waiting, and shouted:

"NEWFIELD SUCKS, IT'S A BUNCH OF [insert homophobic word that's synonymous with cigarettes and a bundle of sticks here]!"

I decided that this was too easy, but I replied anyway with:

"Hahahahahah! Your team got beaten by a bunch of [insert same word here]."

Needless to say they didn't like what I said, but my ride had just come up, and I got in the van before they could get out of their car to hurt me. I stuck my tongue out at one of them who decided to give chase anyway right after slamming the van's door on him.

"Who is that guy?" My father asked while locking the doors.

"Just some idiot. Now drive please." I replied.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2008, 01:41:00 AM by Vidgmchtr »

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #3860 on: January 04, 2008, 06:48:01 PM »
Don't you mean ... struck a nerve? Doesn't striking a chord with someone mean that they like it?
That was a joke.

« Reply #3861 on: January 04, 2008, 07:31:37 PM »
I was totally thrown off by that, too.

As a vet pep/marching band participant, I would like to say pep band is really fun, even at football games. Keeping your mouthpiece in your pocket/armpit/...elsewhere is the first thing you learn. Temperatures of below freezing are probably the only bad thing about pep band during football season. And Vid, you didn't even have to march for 7 minutes when your face was numb and legs wouldn't move at 160 beats per minute (did you?).

Of course, there is no downside to indoor pep band (basketball). I love playing the show tunes. It's just a ton of fun. Our first pep band game of the basketball season is tomorrow and I can't wait. In fact, after I am done posting I will go downstairs and practice.

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #3862 on: January 04, 2008, 09:09:21 PM »
You mean 16-0*

*With a cheater head coach.
Wait, whut? Whatever happened to "NFL Coach of the Year"?
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

« Reply #3863 on: January 04, 2008, 09:34:07 PM »
Spygate happened.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #3864 on: January 04, 2008, 11:18:21 PM »
bobman, you took the works right out of my mouth... er... my fingers... I think? But yes, Spygate.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

« Reply #3865 on: January 05, 2008, 01:05:51 AM »
Don't you mean ... struck a nerve? Doesn't striking a chord with someone mean that they like it?
I've been using it both ways...You sure it means only positive reactions?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #3866 on: January 05, 2008, 01:35:51 AM »
I'm rather certain.
That was a joke.

« Reply #3867 on: January 05, 2008, 01:40:09 AM »
Alright then. I stand corrected. I'll fix the post.

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #3868 on: January 05, 2008, 06:30:32 PM »
heck, I don't think I've ever used the term "Struck a Nerve/Chord"...

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #3869 on: January 05, 2008, 06:35:56 PM »
Struck a dissonance would be bad, to keep the music thing going here.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Print