Print

Author Topic: The ANGST thread: Complain here!  (Read 1710461 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #3900 on: January 09, 2008, 08:10:00 PM »
It releases in Japan in fifteen days. I'd imagine it is done by now.

I won't believe it until it's officially confirmed.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #3901 on: January 10, 2008, 12:19:28 PM »
Hasn't Luigi been canned anyway?

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #3902 on: January 10, 2008, 12:28:18 PM »
Hasn't Luigi been canned anyway?
WHY do people think this? Seriously now! That was never stated by Sakurai or anyone at Nintendo, was it? If it was, let me know. I'm getting really sick of people saying stuff like "There won't be any clone characters in brawl, so that means no Ness or Luigi or Ganondorf or Young Link", etc. I never even heard anything about this "no clone" thing. Sure, Sakurai said that "some of the characters from Melee would be left out", but that in no way means that there won't be clones, or that former clones' movesets won't be changed, does it?

And that, my friends, is my ANGST for today.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #3903 on: January 10, 2008, 12:57:23 PM »
Sure, Sakurai said that "some of the characters from Melee would be left out"
When?

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #3904 on: January 10, 2008, 01:15:34 PM »
Hmm... good question. I believe it was on the site at one point. That may in fact be a falsity that I believed, though. If I find it, I'll let you know.
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #3905 on: January 10, 2008, 02:22:22 PM »
All my information came from IGN just so you know...

« Reply #3906 on: January 10, 2008, 02:40:44 PM »
Oh man, that'd be SO FUNNY if Luigi wasn't in Brawl.

...Yeah I really mean that.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #3907 on: January 10, 2008, 06:00:48 PM »
All my information came from IGN just so you know...
Three letters for you: L O L

« Reply #3908 on: January 10, 2008, 06:31:17 PM »
I have to wait for two more years until I can ever hope to experience the Wii because my parents have banned from video games FOREVER. So I have to wait until I move out and get a job to get a wii. :(
SSBB theme lyrics: I'll be the Marth, Luigi noob, This is Yoshi's B, This monkey wants to hug him. I'll heat the duck, Uigi noob, pooped through the dress this monkey wears to work.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #3909 on: January 10, 2008, 06:41:58 PM »
Why did they do that?
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #3910 on: January 10, 2008, 07:23:18 PM »
The "I want clones dropped" mentality is retarded. Melee would have eighteen characters without clones, but thanks to them there were twenty-five. Eighteen is... not as much as twenty-five. Most of them had zero wasted potential anyway. Falco? Pichu? If not clones what would they be? Gone. And how is eighteen characters with the absence of Ganondorf, Falco, Pichu, Dr. Mario, Luigi, Young Link and Roy better than twenty-five with them? How?

'Sides... Lucas makes it pretty clear that we have Brawl clones so get used to it. The PK Fire alteration? Why would they DO that if Lucas were a "replacement" for Ness? I guess there could be some situations where it could be more useful but the change will usually either be a downside or negligible.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #3911 on: January 10, 2008, 07:27:31 PM »
Why did they do that?

Because they said that it wasnt good for me. And I needed to grow up.
SSBB theme lyrics: I'll be the Marth, Luigi noob, This is Yoshi's B, This monkey wants to hug him. I'll heat the duck, Uigi noob, pooped through the dress this monkey wears to work.

« Reply #3912 on: January 10, 2008, 07:41:52 PM »
Along the same lines, I have some SSB related angst.. *warning: lots of text ahead!*

Why do people not want Toad in? The SSB series is about classic characters beating up other classic characters. and Toad fighting with/alongside Yoshi would prove that both of these characters belong in the game. Most of the arguements/reasons people don't want him in are pretty stupid..

He's Peach's sheild!

There are other mushroom people with that coloring (thank you, Paper Mario). The one she's using could just be some generic mushroom person..

He hasn't been in very many games!

Pit was in 2 games, the Ice Climbers were in one game, MrGW was not even in a game, but is a conglomeration of all things game and watch made into a fighting game character. Captain Falcon wasn't even seen outside of his racer before the first SSB game, I believe..

He wouldn't have any moves!

Before the first SSB game, Mario would've likely died everytime someone hit him, Link wouldn't have been able to jump, and Captain Falcon would've just run over people in his racer. Fun!. . . -_-;;

He's too generic!

There are Yoshies, and then there is Yoshi. There are Pikachus, and then there is Pikachu, and Pichu, Jigglypuff.. If we're not going to have a character in because they are too generic, then Mario, Dr Mario, Luigi, Peach, Ness, Link, Young Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, Samus, Captain Falcon, the Ice Climbers, Marth, and Roy should all be taken out because they are human, and humans are far too generic to be in SSB.

Fox, Falco, and Donkey Kong could all easily be replaced by any fox, falcon, or giant gorilla in their space gear/clothes.

Mewtwo and Bowser can't be in because they are villianous characters from their respective game series, and Kirby can't be in because he looks like all the other dreamlanders.

Now, this is all hypothetical, but a game with no playable characters does not sound fun. If they can come up with moves for characters that have never even fought, they can surely come up with moves for a mushroom headed character that hangs out with two Italian plumbers.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #3913 on: January 10, 2008, 07:49:27 PM »
Maybe they'll announce that all playable characters from Melee will return. That'd be schweeet.
"it's always the present"

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #3914 on: January 10, 2008, 07:56:19 PM »
The more the merrier*. I'm all for it. Even if he were somehow a clone, I'd welcome him.

*Some characters, however, would just be a waste of time (NO GOOMBA) or are completely irrelevant (Naruto**? Get real). Some characters would be unfit for the role of smash brother, and that's just how it is. Toad was a playable character in SMB2 and could have at least one move based on that.

**BELIEVE IT! BELIEVE IT! BELIEVE IT! BELIEVE IT! BELIEVE IT! BELIEVE IT!***

***Don't. It's a trap.
It's YOUR problem!

Print