Print

Author Topic: The HOPEFUL thread: Be happy here!  (Read 1271413 times)

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #2820 on: January 08, 2008, 06:03:01 PM »
How could shooting a green laser at a airplane cause it to crash?

...on second thought, that makes a lot more sense now that I've said it.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #2821 on: January 08, 2008, 06:40:32 PM »
The rumor goes that some guy shot a high power green laser into the cockpit of an airplane, temporarily blinding the pilots.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #2822 on: January 08, 2008, 09:11:26 PM »
That isn't one of those laser pointers sold on eBay that burn through balloons and cardboard, is it?
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #2823 on: January 08, 2008, 10:07:20 PM »
It's one of those kinds of lasers, but I didn't buy it off of eBay. I got it here. Beware, I think their shipping practices are a bit shady.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #2824 on: January 08, 2008, 10:14:01 PM »
So, you just burned your forehead?
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #2825 on: January 08, 2008, 10:15:35 PM »
No, it's not like one of those tattoo-removing lasers. It does sting, however, if you keep it on your skin long enough.

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #2826 on: January 08, 2008, 10:37:30 PM »
Do not get me started on lasers. I've had laser surgeries in the past. On my face. More specifically on my right eye. Not the most fun thing in the world.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #2827 on: January 08, 2008, 10:42:26 PM »
I never had good times with lasers either. It seems that whenever our classmates get a hold of a laser pointer, they are always pointing it directly at someones eyes, or circling someones "private area" with it.

Thank god I'm homeschooled for now...

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #2828 on: January 08, 2008, 10:51:41 PM »
Thank god I'm homeschooled for now...
Which god should I thank?
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #2829 on: January 09, 2008, 01:04:42 AM »
I finished Super Mario Galaxy completely just now.

^_^
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #2830 on: January 09, 2008, 01:07:24 AM »
Quote from: dragonlasers.com
A compact synthesis of power, technology and coolness to give you the worlds' most powerful green laser pointer. The ultimate high tech accessory and tool.

Wow, I didn't realize were that far in the future already!
That was a joke.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #2831 on: January 09, 2008, 02:22:43 AM »
I'm pretty sure the world's most powerful green laser pointer is the Hercules laser. I don't know if it counts as a pointer, however.

EDIT: Nope, they call it a "handheld laser."
« Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 02:24:28 AM by Suffix »

« Reply #2832 on: January 09, 2008, 11:44:49 AM »
Olimar in brawl! Yes, yes and another yes!

I totally called it years ago, but after the Assist Trophys were revealed and many cool characters were banished to being one, I thought Olimar's fate was pretty much sealed. But today's update proved me wrong, thankfully. Though it's a little bothering that the Pikmin look worse than their appearance on the Gamecube. I probably won't notice when I'm using him.

Now this brings up a dilemma: Who will I play as first? I was pretty sure on Diddy Kong, but seeing that both of them are starter characters, I'm just not sure anymore.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #2833 on: January 09, 2008, 02:12:48 PM »
When I read the first sentence of your post, I said out loud "IS HE?" and looked on the website.

NICE. ^_^

That's awesome, really. I don't care about the fact that Olimar's only supposed to be as tall as a United States Quarter. This is awesome.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Jman

• Score
« Reply #2834 on: January 09, 2008, 11:15:22 PM »
Someone ought to make a "Super Smash Brothers Brawl Thread: Get excited for the game here!"
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Print