Print

Author Topic: Disturbing Luigi's Mansion pic  (Read 21524 times)

« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2007, 06:38:54 PM »
maybe this is just me, But this seems like an oppurtune moment to point out how Mario Games are getting a bit Darker. For example, the final chapters of PM2, SPM, along with other games like Luigi's Mansion, and how in MLPIT, the Shroobs actually use Torture. I know that their not as dark as some other games, but it just doesn't seem right in such a cartoon-like series like Mario.
OH, NO! There goes Tokyo! GO, GO GODZILLA!
------
Yinzers Rule!

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2007, 06:59:15 PM »
I guess cartoons have gotten a lot more PC since the Looney Tunes days.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2007, 07:46:44 PM »
It's good to have a balance of darker games like the more recent Mario RPGs and Luigi's Mansion, and good old cheery/neutral Mario games like New Super Mario Bros. and Super Mario Galaxy (all but the beginning). I think the idea behind Luigi's Mansion and Super Mario Sunshine may have been to have polar opposites of game settings--one in a dark, cold, haunted house with Luigi, the other on a (mostly) sunny tropical island with Mario.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2007, 05:10:43 PM »
is it okay if I put a link to this image on one of my works on DA?  A few people want to see the image.

Of course! Spread the Luigi goodness!
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2007, 06:52:21 PM »
They are ruining Looney Toons right now, Just look at the game "Looney Toons: Acme Arsenal"
What ever you do don't press Ctrl-W

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2007, 06:53:54 PM »
^ Duck Amuck did somewhat well, though...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2007, 06:55:15 PM »

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2007, 06:57:05 PM »
O.K. please ignor the fact that I just quoted the same thing twice. I don't know how that happened, seirously!

BriGuy92

• Luck of the Irish
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2007, 07:01:37 PM »
...in MLPIT, the Shroobs actually use Torture.
Wait, when did the Shroobs ever torture anyone?
Know the most important contribution of the organ Fund science girls type. It's true!

« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2007, 02:42:37 PM »
Wait, when did the Shroobs ever torture anyone?

when they used the Toads' vim for their power. You could call that torture.
OH, NO! There goes Tokyo! GO, GO GODZILLA!
------
Yinzers Rule!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2007, 07:20:15 PM »
^ Well, it was more like the old "life force-sucking for a power source" cliche, but I can see where you're coming from with that.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #41 on: December 14, 2007, 08:06:04 PM »
My favorite GC Mario game is LM, mostly because of all the grim stuff Nintendo put in there. It actually seemed like a good fit, at least to me. Dark, self-referential humor in that type of setting just works well, so it seems weird to me that people say it's wrong in a Nintendo game. I mean, Geist and Eternal Darkness are both pretty nasty and published by Nintendo, so it's not an alien concept to them.
every

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #42 on: December 15, 2007, 12:41:20 PM »
I think Coin Heaven is full of crap. Mario is for everyone. It's in the rating. But to be for everyone, Mario must also be for kids. I rather liked playing Mario games when I was little--changing the style from appropriate for all ages to older audiences would sadden me. I don't think Mario ever went "kiddy" anyway. It seems pretty neutral.

I think you should [urlhttp://spacepope4u.blogspot.com/2007/02/kiddie-problem.html]read the article[/url] first if you haven't already. This site covers a lot of things that most Mario fans never even consider.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2007, 03:11:14 PM »
^ I think there's something wrong with that URL...

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #44 on: December 15, 2007, 03:33:15 PM »
He forgot the closing bracket in the URL tag. Here's how it should have looked:

read the article
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Print