Print

Author Topic: Mariology (serious posts wanted)  (Read 476300 times)

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #1845 on: May 23, 2010, 02:02:32 PM »
Listen Fawf, I can understand wanting to make a comprehensive Mario timelines, but I don't understand why on earth you're so hellbent on Mario being from Brooklyn.

Wrecking Crew takes place in the Mushroom world. Wrecking Crew '98 would indicate this.

Punch-Out!!'s continuity has more or less been remade in the new Punch-Out!! for the Wii, which does not feature Mario. Instead it features DK, but that's something else entirely.

Mario's Bombs Away is hard to pin down. Not even sure how or when Mario could even join the armed forces, much less where or when the game takes place.

From what I can gather your "comprehensive Mario timeline" still only includes the games, and since Mario has only ever been from Brooklyn in the cartoons, comics and movie, those should be disregarded.

Why didn't the events of SM64 involve Luigi and Wario?

The dialog in SM64DS indicates that it's actually a sequel of sorts. When it actually takes place is anyone's guess.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 02:22:05 PM by Sapphira »

« Reply #1846 on: May 23, 2010, 03:45:54 PM »
This debate is kind of pointless. Mario's world is made so that everyone use its own imagination. That's why Nintendo never said if there was a timeline or not, which games are in the continuity (if there's a continuity, at least), the age of the characters...

Anyway, here are the planets of Mario's solar system, and their orbit:
http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/3240/ssolar.png
http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/1855/solarsystem.png
« Last Edit: May 23, 2010, 03:53:06 PM by Koopalmier »

« Reply #1847 on: June 21, 2010, 06:26:00 PM »
Let's go back to this idea:

Got any proof ? Personally, I think that most of them are just asteroids and planetoids orbiting around the Mushroom World, like the Moon. The "galaxies" in SMG2 can be considered as moons, actually.

Something interesting: the Star Rod does more than just making people's wishes and dreams come true. You see, there are 7 planets in Mario's solar system (as shown in PM2). You learn in SMG2 that the Mushroom World is the first planet of this solar system, and thus the most near of the Sun.

...but it's so near the planet behind it is almost a fireball. So I think the Star Rod must protect the Mushroom World and make it a planet where life would be possible.

That's an interesting observation, Koopalmier.  I never noticed that, but at the same time I don't think we can conclude that there are only seven planets in Mario's solar system.  After all, the Greeks and Romans thought that our solar system only had seven planets as well.  It was just their limited technology, so the same could apply to the ancients of Mario's world.  As for Galaxy 2's world map, I don't think we can say each "World" is nearby a planet in Mario's solar system since each "World" is filled with different galaxies.  To me, it makes more sense to think of each "World" as a supercluster filled with multiple galaxies that each have their own planets of varying sizes.

« Reply #1848 on: June 24, 2010, 02:43:20 AM »
I believe that the Galaxys in SMG2 aren't natural Galaxys and are the result of Bowsers "Master Plan".  For example, most Galaxys in World 1 could have been ripped from the planet itself.  I also believe that each "World" is actually one of the planets in the Solar System, that were scattered throughout Time and Space(Thus, explaining the need for Portals).  Notice that each World Map has one large Planet-like structure that all of the Galaxys orbit around!  I believe that World 2's planet is a Fiery gas giant and that the Worlds Galaxys(mainly Boulder Bowl, Cosmic Cove, and Wild Glide) are the scattered remnants of the Planets habitable moon.  All of the Galaxys could be easily explained this way, the only flaw is that there are Seven (known)Galaxys, but only 6 Worlds(Special World is arguably, Non-Canon).  Also, the closer you get to "Bowser's Galaxy Generator" the more ravaged the Worlds are by Black Holes, and the more they start to look like Bowser's, Dream Empire(Pools of Lava, Castle, etc.)!  I have been looking for a serious thread like this one for a LONG time, and I was beginning to think I'd never find someone who shares my interest in all things Mario.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #1849 on: June 24, 2010, 12:28:34 PM »
Actually they were created by Rosalina. More specifically, after Lumas eat loads of Star Bits they grow up to become galaxies or parts of galaxies. Didn't you actually pay attention?

« Reply #1850 on: June 26, 2010, 03:53:41 AM »
But who's to say that all of the "Galaxy's" were created that way?  I mean, does Yoshi really have a Vacation Home in space?  I think not!

« Reply #1851 on: June 26, 2010, 04:26:09 AM »
Got any proof ? Personally, I think that most of them are just asteroids and planetoids orbiting around the Mushroom World, like the Moon. The "galaxies" in SMG2 can be considered as moons, actually.

Something interesting: the Star Rod does more than just making people's wishes and dreams come true. You see, there are 7 planets in Mario's solar system (as shown in PM2). You learn in SMG2 that the Mushroom World is the first planet of this solar system, and thus the most near of the Sun.

...but it's so near the planet behind it is almost a fireball. So I think the Star Rod must protect the Mushroom World and make it a planet where life would be possible.

I think that each of the "Worlds"(in SMG2) represent one of the Planets in Mario's Solar System, and that they where scattered through Space & Time by Bowser(Presumably to make way for his Empire) and where restored to Normal after the events of SMG/SMG2.  But as for the "Galaxy's" in the game, I believe some of them are just asteroids/planetoids orbiting around Mario's World(Like Spin-Dig), but I think others where ripped from his World(Like Sky Station, Yoshi Star, Fluffy Bluff, and Starshine Beach).  I believe that Wild Glide, Boulder Bowl and Cosmic Cover are actually the scattered remains of (One of)World 2's Moon(s).  I have different theories concerning different Galaxy's but I won't bore you with the details.  As for the Star Rod protecting the World 1/Mushroom World, though I never thought of it, it makes Perfect sense!  The more I think about it, the more I agree!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #1852 on: June 26, 2010, 03:46:03 PM »
But who's to say that all of the "Galaxy's" were created that way?  I mean, does Yoshi really have a Vacation Home in space?  I think not!

They were. I doubt any of them save for the ones that specifically belong to Bowser were created by Rosalina.

As for Yoshi, he's still just one member of a species. The one in SMG2 is most likely not the same Yoshi that's seen hanging around Mario in various other games.

« Reply #1853 on: June 26, 2010, 05:40:30 PM »
If Mario gets a starship planetoid shaped like his own head, then why can't Yoshi have a vacation home in space?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #1854 on: June 26, 2010, 05:42:44 PM »
He could, but Gyllynn up there seems to think that means Bowser created the Galaxies and not Rosalina....for some reason.

« Reply #1855 on: June 26, 2010, 05:49:06 PM »
Well, Bowser had phenominal cosmic power, so his creation of his own galaxy could have offset the creation of the other galaxies.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #1856 on: June 26, 2010, 06:31:03 PM »
He could, but Gyllynn up there seems to think that means Bowser created the Galaxies and not Rosalina....for some reason.

I'm not saying he created every Galaxy but I think that some of them are from the Mushroom World, but I do think he made some.  Besides the name of the final Galaxy(excluding World S) is Bowser's Galaxy Generator, I assume he uses it to, oh, I don't know, make Galaxies!

They were. I doubt any of them save for the ones that specifically belong to Bowser were created by Rosalina.

As for Yoshi, he's still just one member of a species. The one in SMG2 is most likely not the same Yoshi that's seen hanging around Mario in various other games.

I disagree, the Yoshi acts as though he is already familiar with Mario.

Well, Bowser had phenominal cosmic power, so his creation of his own galaxy could have offset the creation of the other galaxies.

Which is exactly what I've been saying in my post, perhaps I worded it strangely.  My apologies!  I don't think that Bowser created the Galaxies(Save for ones like Fleet Glide,  Space Storm, and the Boss Galaxy's).  I just don't think that the Galaxies were always the way they appeared in the Game, and that some were once apart of a greater whole(And that they were restored to normal after Bowser's defeat)!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #1857 on: June 26, 2010, 08:13:12 PM »
Well, Bowser had phenominal cosmic power
And itty-bitty living space?

Sorry, couldn't resist.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #1858 on: June 26, 2010, 08:42:59 PM »
I disagree, the Yoshi acts as though he is already familiar with Mario.

"Being friendly" does not mean "already familiar".

« Reply #1859 on: June 27, 2010, 06:58:32 PM »
And itty-bitty living space?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

S'ok. I just thought it would be funny to say.

Here's a thought: Why didn't the Star Spirits attempt to stop Bowser? Does the power of the Star Rod not stand against the power of creation?
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Print