Print

Author Topic: Mariology (serious posts wanted)  (Read 476311 times)

« Reply #1890 on: July 05, 2010, 01:26:48 AM »
Does anyone know where the Term "Plit" came from?  Also, I'm in the process of making a Map of the Mushroom World and was wondering "Are the 7 Kingdoms from SMB3, surronding the Mushroom Kingdom, or are they just the different Regions of it? (Sort of like how Sarrasaland is divided into 4 "Kingdoms", even though Sarrasaland, in itself, is one Kingdom).

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #1891 on: July 05, 2010, 01:44:28 AM »
Plit came from Lemmy's Land, along with quite a bit of other fanon/fanfic/world-building, like the (now-disproven) idea that Bowser Jr. is Ludwig. Don't know if there's any meaning behind the name.

I call the planet Amana, personally.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #1892 on: July 05, 2010, 03:08:48 AM »
Plit came from Lemmy's Land, along with quite a bit of other fanon/fanfic/world-building, like the (now-disproven) idea that Bowser Jr. is Ludwig. Don't know if there's any meaning behind the name.

I call the planet Amana, personally.

Amana?  That actually has a nice ring to it.  In one of your previous post(I think on Page 94) you posted a link to a Map that you made, I tried the link, but a message said it had expired.  The comments you got were positive, so I wanted to see it for myself.  Please send me a Link.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #1893 on: July 05, 2010, 12:21:02 PM »

There should be a picture up there, and this link should work for closeups of the continents.

Needs some updating, though. I've combined the Mushroom Kingdom into one continent, moved Rogueport and the other TTYD locations to below Jewelry Land, and moved the Waffle Kingdom somewhere else (not sure yet where).
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #1894 on: July 06, 2010, 10:20:45 PM »
Nice map!

« Reply #1895 on: July 14, 2010, 01:24:28 AM »
Hey, looks good !

... Too bad SMG2 annihilated it. Also your map would mean the Mushroom World (that's the planet's official US name, although in the JAP version it was only referring to the collection of kingdoms in SMB3, while the planet as a whole is called Earth) is smaller than our planet, which is quite wrong as it appears around twice bigger.
Here's the world map as seen in SMG2 (red zone = the other map below, purple zone = Grass Land, pink zone = where SMB happened) (the deserts are seen in the beta version):

Map 2 (the Mushroom Kingdom and surrouding places) (I couldn't get everything due to a problem. To the west are the rest of the SMRPG map, but also Dinosaur Land and Yoster Island):

Sorry for any complicated thing, error, typo, stuff you don't understand or whatever. Now Il'l go to bed because I'm delirious due to a lack of sleeping.

EDIT: M&L2's Star Hill is located too far to be on the second map. It must be at the very north of the continent.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 01:38:06 AM by Koopalmier »

« Reply #1896 on: July 14, 2010, 01:40:35 AM »

There should be a picture up there, and this link should work for closeups of the continents.

Needs some updating, though. I've combined the Mushroom Kingdom into one continent, moved Rogueport and the other TTYD locations to below Jewelry Land, and moved the Waffle Kingdom somewhere else (not sure yet where).

Wow, that looks like a great and detailed map of the Mushroom World. Good Job.
Power of People is stronger than People in Power.

« Reply #1897 on: July 15, 2010, 04:54:39 PM »
Koopalmier: you have a typo. On your second map, you have Holli Holli Villiage (M&L2), it should be Holli Jolli Villiage
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #1898 on: July 16, 2010, 12:57:39 AM »
Anyone interested in this Thread should check out http://kamikazekoopa.proboards.com/index.cgi

It was made Kamikaze Koopa(the guy who made THIS thread) and the people there are great.. but.. the site needs more "Active" Members, as it only has 6 or 7.  It may not seem like much at first but if more people would join, it could be great again!

« Reply #1899 on: September 25, 2010, 04:05:31 PM »
Well, If you actually want to try to make sense out of the Mario series, it's impossible unless you only count a few games as canon.

-Donkey Kong

-Mario Bros.

-Super Mario Bros.,Super Mario Bros. 2, Super Mario Bros. 3

-Super Mario World

-Super Mario 64

-Super Mario Sunshine

-Super Mario Galaxy, Super Mario Galaxy 2

But even doing that would be insane, so I'm just not going to even try to make sense out of it all.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #1900 on: October 02, 2010, 01:01:06 PM »
I fail to see how it's "impossible" or why those are the only games that should be counted.

« Reply #1901 on: October 10, 2010, 11:18:45 AM »
I fail to see how it's "impossible" or why those are the only games that should be counted.

There's over 200 games. If you can prove that they can all be made sense out of while not contradicting each other I'll admit I was wrong. I thought of these games because they're the mainstream Mario games.

« Reply #1902 on: October 11, 2010, 05:26:04 PM »
How does Luigi's Mansion contradict Bowser's Inside Story?

« Reply #1903 on: October 13, 2010, 03:37:46 PM »
I'm not exactly sure how I can explain it clearly. You know how in comic books how they have the original series and then a whole bunch of  spinoffs? (e.g you got spiderman, Ultimate spiderman, noir spiderman, and a bunch of different spidermans) Well the core games would probably have to be one thing and all his spinoffs (Mario Kart, Mario and Luigi, Mario party, paper Mario, all that good stuff) would be other things. Especially Paper Mario and Mario and Luigi because they pretty much already have their own continunity withing themselves.

« Reply #1904 on: October 13, 2010, 04:37:18 PM »
Well, the problem would be the arbitrary definition of "core."  What exactly does that mean, and why would it make it canon/non-canon?  Wouldn't Super Mario 64 be spun-off from Super Mario Bros.?  Would that make it non-canon?  And then you have cross-references, like how Superstar Saga referenced Paper Mario and The Thousand-Year Door referenced Chuckola Cola from Superstar Saga.  Doesn't that mean they coexist?

Print