Print

Author Topic: Mariology (serious posts wanted)  (Read 481536 times)

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #285 on: February 07, 2006, 07:49:21 PM »
You might want to factor in the fact that Bowser is in love with Peach. Blatantly obvious in Paper Mario, and I'm pretty sure in other games as well, if not directly stated. SMS made it seem obvious, too.

I picture the Bros. as somewhere around their late twenties, regardless of people calling them "middle aged old guys" or something. They can't be much older than Peach, and she looks like she could be in her 20s.

If you look at the games...
Bowser was a toddler in SMW2 when the Bros. were newborns. Evidence: Bowser could talk in short sentences, but babyish, and I don't even need to say anything about the bros.

In M&L:PiT, Bowser seemed about 5 (could talk in coherent sentences, but behaved like a "little kid"), the Bros. toddlers (I'd say 2 1/2? Evidence: Could walk and talk short phrases), and Peach a baby (~9 months? Evidence: No walking or actual words spoken).

Granted, Baby Mario could run/walk as a newborn in SMW2, but only under the Star's power.
So, um...yeah.

My theory is that characters don't age very fast or time goes by much more slowly. I do NOT put them in the same timeline as "ours". 
I remember in PM:TTYD, Toadsworth was given a specific age. 62? I don't remember exactly. This also suggests the Mario Universe is on a different time setting than ours, as well as a way to approximate the others' ages, since we can guestimate his age in PiT that he's in his 30s or 40s. Or not. That's personal speculation. Meh. ...But I don't think he could've been much younger than that in PiT, suggesting the Bros. can't be THAT old.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2006, 01:29:15 AM by Sapphira »
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #286 on: February 08, 2006, 10:23:34 AM »
How can Mario be in his 20's if he was in games 20 years ago?
Senior Mariology professor

« Reply #287 on: February 08, 2006, 10:56:58 AM »
Was in his 20's.
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #288 on: February 08, 2006, 01:25:13 PM »
Yes, time could be slightly slower than ours but not drastically.

The Mushrooms could have preserved their youth.

And if your fit and active your in good shape in your late 30's.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #289 on: February 08, 2006, 05:33:13 PM »
If the Mario universe were in the same time span as ours, and Toadsworth is 62 now, that would suggest he was ~42 when SMB took place. Now, in that 20-year span, NONE of the characters have gotten any older looking. Apparently they DO age (in appearance), however, since you can see...well, look at SMW2 and PiT. They're all obviously younger. So, if Mario is middle aged now, like, say, 43, 20 years ago he'd've been 23, which works, but if you go 20 years earlier, when he'd be a toddler, that'd make Toadsworth ~22, which doesn't fit at ALL; I don't know many 22-year-olds who are very fatherly and overprotective and paranoid, as he is with Baby Peach. Actually, I don't know any who are. XD

Also, this theory is flawed in considering Peach. PiT shows she's a baby when the Bros. are toddlers, meaning she's not much younger than them. If the Bros. are, say, 43 now, that'd make her about 41. I don't know about you, but I don't see HOW she could pass as 41. She looks closer 16 than she does 41, I'd say. Since she and the Bros. are about the same age, and considering their appearances, putting them in their 20s to early 30s makes the most sense.

Now, one could argue that their time goes by as ours does, but they simply remain young looking for a long time, and not look their ages at all. Like, say, they age twice as slow as us. However, this cannot be the case since Toadsworth has a specific age (as do other characters)--62, if I remember right. He looks his age. If they aged slower but time went by as ours does, going by how he'd look, his age would be something like 120.

And again, the Bros. and Toadsworth have GOT to be way more than 20 years apart.

"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #290 on: February 09, 2006, 01:10:49 AM »
Yeah, the Toadsworth in the babies' time period looks about 35.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #291 on: February 09, 2006, 06:19:50 PM »
Maybe all those 1-Up Mushrooms the Bros have eaten have slowed down their aging quite a bit. XD
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #292 on: February 10, 2006, 12:09:57 AM »
Maybe 1-UP Mushrooms slowly drain life force... the more you eat, the shorter time you live.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

« Reply #293 on: February 10, 2006, 10:37:32 AM »
So our greatest heros are slowing being killed?

How morbid.

« Reply #294 on: February 10, 2006, 10:45:11 AM »
I think he meant the younger he becomes.
I'm a horrible person.

« Reply #295 on: February 10, 2006, 11:15:40 AM »
Now for the question that everyone wants to know... how do Goombas pick stuff up with no arms???
"Spiders! They want me to tap dance! I don't wanna tap dance!" ~ Ron Weasley, Prizoner of Azkaban movie

« Reply #296 on: February 10, 2006, 11:54:13 AM »
At Mariology we thought up they might have minimal levitation powers. It would explain how the goombas in the Paper Mario's can hold objects and how they can hold a bat in Mario baseball. It's not strong enough to save themselves from Mario of course.

« Reply #297 on: February 10, 2006, 03:22:59 PM »
Also, there's that size comparason.

« Reply #298 on: February 10, 2006, 03:49:25 PM »
Yoshi, Koopas, and Shy Guys could be bigger:

http://www.kisland.net/updates/images/sizechart.jpg

« Reply #299 on: February 10, 2006, 03:58:43 PM »
Yoshi, Koopas, and Shy Guys could be bigger:

http://www.kisland.net/updates/images/sizechart.jpg

Yeah, nice, I was going to post that too.

Print