Print

Author Topic: Mariology (serious posts wanted)  (Read 478177 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #330 on: February 17, 2006, 10:20:45 PM »
Have you played SSBM, her moves are devastatingly strong.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #331 on: February 18, 2006, 01:23:40 AM »
Come to think of it, how can one pipe have many destinations? Take the Mushroom Kingdom stage in SSB64.. when you go down one side, you should theoritically get to the other, except that there's that opening in the pit that just.. drops you into the pit.

Or the pipes in SM64's Tiny-Huge Island stage, how can big pipes be connected to smaller pipes and vice-versa?

.. and on enemies that live in pipes, how do the pipes in world 1-2 of SMB3 spit out endless Goombas and Spinies (Spiny Pipes were later in the game), or the pipes in SMW that had Lakitus living in them (with endless Spiny Eggs..)

So many pipe questions. The mind boggles..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #332 on: February 18, 2006, 01:27:47 AM »
For the tiny huge island pipes, maybe Mario fals down into a room where he shrinks/grows, then jumps out the same pipe.
For the multiple destination pipes, it's easy--forks.
For the infinite enemy, it's the same as Hammer Bros.' hammers, Bullet Bills, Regula Lakitus, Fireballs, etc... infinite amounts.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #333 on: February 18, 2006, 01:29:18 AM »
For the multiple destination pipes, it's easy--forks.

Maybe I'm just tired, but I read that and thought about a kitchen utensil being inside a pipe.. :D
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #334 on: February 18, 2006, 06:18:17 AM »
That only explains why Bowser kidnapped her.  That doesn't answer my question as to why she didn't fend herself when she could've kicked Bowser's butt.  I guess there's the possibility that Bowser outnumbered her with his minions.
Yeah, that's what I think, too. And there was Kamek with him and his magic may have been bigger than Peach's.

Pipes are so mysterious...

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #335 on: February 18, 2006, 11:40:03 AM »
Kamek's magic overpowering Peach was my second guess.  I thought about SSBM and playing as her I know that Peach can kick Bowser's butt just as well as, if not better than, Mario and Luigi.  Peach is probably able to weaken Bowser's army before she is overpowered and gets kidnapped, and then the Bros. take over; they defeat Bowser and his remaining troops and save the princess.

I think the toads are gonna have to develop a defensive military unit soon.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #336 on: February 18, 2006, 01:33:57 PM »
Yes, if there would be more "Battle Toads" (has nothing to do with Rare ;)), then maybe Peach wouldn't be captured as often as it happens nowadays. Did we ever see a Toad fighting besides in SMB 2 (US)?

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #337 on: February 18, 2006, 08:13:26 PM »
Not that I know of, but hopefully Toad will become a playable character in SSBR
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #338 on: February 18, 2006, 09:20:37 PM »
Peach could beat up Bowser with her moves in SSBM.

But most of the moves in the game are impossible in real life.

( I'm sure a large fire breathing monster can overwelm a chick with a golf club and turnips )
« Last Edit: February 18, 2006, 09:23:09 PM by yoshimastar »
Senior Mariology professor

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #339 on: February 18, 2006, 09:39:41 PM »
Unless that fire breathing monster is a frog.  Then that chic could just throw the turnips into his mouth! :P
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #340 on: February 18, 2006, 11:16:53 PM »
Why does Mushroom Castle have a moat for a turtle villian?

.. and we saw a playable Toad in SMB2 and Wario's Woods (not to mention that the original Mario Kart was out at that point too).

« Reply #341 on: February 18, 2006, 11:39:13 PM »
Peaches castle is hardly designed for military use.

Just for show.
Senior Mariology professor

« Reply #342 on: February 19, 2006, 04:03:58 AM »
...and to get liftet high into the air by a gigantic clown car-like looking fortress.

@Toad:
He was playable, but he didn't fight.
But wait! In Paper Mario, there was a dojo with lots of little Kung Fu-Toads ^_^

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #343 on: February 19, 2006, 09:28:49 PM »
I wonder what happens when Mallow drinks water.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #344 on: February 20, 2006, 01:40:49 AM »
But wait! In Paper Mario, there was a dojo with lots of little Kung Fu-Toads ^_^

Yes, but I am talking about the one Toad. The one that's been playable in every game that has had a playable Toad (i'm assuming it's the same Toad).

I really hate how Nintendo decided to make the entire race Toads, and to have one named Toad as well. He lost his identity, and things get very confusing when talking about the mushroom people.

It's just like how there's Yoshi, and then there's Yoshies, or there's Birdo, and then there's Birdos, or Subcons and Subcons, Shyguy and Shyguys,..

Print