Print

Author Topic: Mariology (serious posts wanted)  (Read 478203 times)

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #570 on: June 27, 2006, 12:25:48 PM »
I always thought Mario found a pipe to the Mushroom Kingdom after the events of Mario Bros.
fuzzy: As for all the stars, Nintendo just likes to make us collect stars to save princesses. All the time. I don't think the Cobalt Star in M&L:PiT was one of a kind... No one ever said it was, and the phrase "This [some adjective] Cobalt Star!" and not "The [adjective] Cobalt Star!"
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

fuzzy

• Banned
« Reply #571 on: June 27, 2006, 03:31:20 PM »
I don't think the Cobalt Star is that important either.  Do you think that the 7 Star Spirits created the Star Rod?  In Paper Mario, Russ T. explains that long ago the Star Rod was made by some acient magic.  Perhaps the Star Spirits created the Star Rod to create the world of Mario.  Then they watched over the world and granted good wishes with it.
"If you want to make enemies, try to change something."--Woodrow Wilson

« Reply #572 on: July 04, 2006, 02:26:35 PM »
They said the Star Rod's been there since the beginning of time, so that probably means Eldstar made it, since he's the oldest.
Senior Mariology professor

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #573 on: July 04, 2006, 08:44:11 PM »
Naaah... Sure, he's the oldest (I'd say about 2,000 years...?) but even the stars die. It's hinted that Twink will be a Star Spirit one day, so maybe when Eldstar dies there'll be a spot open for him.
It's YOUR problem!

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #574 on: July 05, 2006, 12:31:28 PM »
yeah, I bet twink will make a comeback some time in the future.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #575 on: July 05, 2006, 01:39:10 PM »
Hmm yeah, good point.

I think Twink definetly has a position for Star Spirit in the future, considering he saved everybody in a sense.

« Reply #576 on: July 06, 2006, 12:10:20 PM »
Perhaps all the humans in the mushroom kingdom were killed in some great cataclysmic disaster such as a great flood or an earthquake or something? Except of course for the ancestors of mario, wario and so on.

Oh and is Il Piantissimo human? I thought he was a pianta.
Nothing is impossible. My boss told me so.

Edited by - Sqrt2 on 1/3/2005 11:51:21 AM
yep....hes human
if u want to find me on runescape...its linkloz01 or royfe02

fuzzy

• Banned
« Reply #577 on: July 06, 2006, 12:32:15 PM »
I can't believe that disguise actually fooled some people!
"If you want to make enemies, try to change something."--Woodrow Wilson

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #578 on: July 06, 2006, 05:32:41 PM »
I was thinking about Superman Returns, which led to thinking about Superman in general, which eventually sparked something in my mind: The DC Multiverse. What if Nintendo had a multiverse? It probably does, considering the events of SSB(which may or may not be the Nintendo equivalent of DC's Crisis on Infinite Earths) Perhaps the whole multiverse concept can be used to explain some of the problems in the nonexistant Mario continuity, similar to the whole 'multiple Links' thing in the Zelda continuity. I have a few theories nearly ready, but I'll wait until they are complete to post them. Until then, I'd like to see waht you folks think of this idea.

~Ciao for now, The Chef.

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #579 on: July 06, 2006, 06:44:52 PM »
Uhhhh all I can do is post yet another fanfic.It's how the Super Smash Bros. Tournement was started:Mario"I've seen ada stangea lettad(Note:That is just the Italin acsent).Luigi"Whata does ita say",Mario"Youd ared inavited toda Supa Smash Brothas".Luigi"Letsa go!"*Mario punches him until he gets a concution and then goes to "The Smash Tournement"*Luigi"AaAaAaAaAaahhhh"Mario"Wow!Only 7 other Nintendod Peopod hava mada ita heyad.*Then an Evil kid named Crazy Hand(???)Turned them into tropheys but a good kid named Master Hand turned them into real Nintendo people,then they all had a fight.THE END
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

« Reply #580 on: July 06, 2006, 08:01:07 PM »
My universe parralel dimension ideas work like this:

The Mushroom World is in out universe, along with most of the other Nintendo based games planets. Except Metroid and F-Zero, which takes place in out future, and Zelda, which takes place in Hyrule in the past.

Master Hand could have made all the little trophys and turned most of them into real objects and people. Then for amusemnet set them loose on each other. The survivor fought Master Hand and won, but since Master Hand made them, the characters turned back into trophys.
I have no idea where all this takes place.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #581 on: July 06, 2006, 08:09:02 PM »
I think that's pretty beliveable, we saw that on the intro of SSB.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #582 on: July 06, 2006, 09:39:47 PM »
Hmm, I wonder if Master Hand's gonna be in the third one...

I'll bet he's so pimp...

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #583 on: July 07, 2006, 03:40:06 AM »
The Mushroom World is in out universe, along with most of the other Nintendo based games planets. Except Metroid and F-Zero, which takes place in out future, and Zelda, which takes place in Hyrule in the past.
Why do we judge time periods because of technology? Look at Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. In OoT, we see that at that point in Hyrule's history, there was almost no technology (the Bombchu bowling alley is about as far as it goes). In Majora's Mask, we see that the alternate universe of Termina is much more technologically advanced (cannons, telescopes, and the whole Great Bay temple are some examples). It's like Japan and Ethiopia; it SEEMS like Japan is the future, but it's really just less primitive. TLoZ and F-0 could very well be happening at the same point in time (especially if you turn both games on at once).

I'd be surprised if Master Hand DIDN'T appear in SSBB.
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #584 on: July 07, 2006, 08:54:59 AM »
about master hand (the making of him)

some evil spirt that had a glove and some magic used it to make him using him as a "tool" to help the spirt battle things...
if u want to find me on runescape...its linkloz01 or royfe02

Print