Print

Author Topic: Mariology (serious posts wanted)  (Read 478126 times)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1155 on: March 03, 2007, 10:13:39 PM »
Yes. Many inanimate objects in Mario games have eyes and sometimes mouths. It is an issue of style and should not be used in Mariology discussions.
In fact, pretty much everything in this thread is an issue of style and should not be used in Mariology discussions.
I'm railing against Mariology.
That was a joke.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #1156 on: March 03, 2007, 10:17:28 PM »
There hasn't been much good discussion lately. Are the current crop of Mario fans lacking in creative sense?

It also isn't helping that yoshimastar has a one-track mind.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #1157 on: March 03, 2007, 11:09:09 PM »
And he calls himself a Senior Mariology Professor?  While I do consider myself a bit of a Mariologist, I tend to focus more on the history of the Marioverse.  I usually avoid getting deep into the Mushroom World's laws of physics cause I'd just end up with a splitting headache.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #1158 on: March 04, 2007, 09:43:04 AM »
I expect we'll have a new crop of things to discuss when Super Mario Galaxy is released.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #1159 on: March 04, 2007, 05:53:42 PM »
And Super  Paper Mario.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #1160 on: March 04, 2007, 06:21:22 PM »
I just thought up a question: Remember Fawful's Bean and Badge on M&L:PiT?  What do you think Fawful planned on doing with all those beans?  Are those Mushroom Kingdom beans the fuel source for his headgear, or, less likely, is he going to use the beans to create an army of Fawful clones?
Regards, Uncle Dolan

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #1161 on: March 04, 2007, 06:33:34 PM »
I'm not sure if Fawful even had his headgear anymore! But.... He could make some delicous bean soup, the bean soup of your doom!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #1162 on: March 04, 2007, 06:53:28 PM »
A delicious bean soup with a hint of...... MUSTARD!  Perhaps Fawful was trying to win prize money in a farting contest. O.O
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #1163 on: March 04, 2007, 08:03:45 PM »
I'm not sure if Fawful even had his headgear anymore! But.... He could make some delicous bean soup, the bean soup of your doom!

Of course he has it, he just doesn't wear it all the time.

Mario has a frog suit, but you don't see him dressed like a frog all the time..

Anyway, maybe Fawful just likes to speak of beans and mustard of doom for intimidating purposes.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #1164 on: March 04, 2007, 09:15:43 PM »
Without Cackletta, that's pretty much what his talk has been, but Fawful wants to make something out of himself.  He wants to avenge Cackletta's death.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #1165 on: March 04, 2007, 09:23:31 PM »
Don't count on it, the bad guys always return in a crappy spinoff game! think Bowser!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #1166 on: March 05, 2007, 08:00:31 AM »
Not Fawful.  Although I wouldn't mind seeing him in a Mario Party game or Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #1167 on: March 05, 2007, 03:15:17 PM »
The beans are probably his food supply. Think: Fawful could've been exiled from the Beanbeam Kingdom after what he did in M&L, so now he's hiding out in the Mushroom Kingdom trading stolen badges for beans. Heck, I'll bet he's in league with Popple.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #1168 on: March 05, 2007, 03:26:35 PM »
I'm not sure if Fawful would be able to escape very fast (If anyone finds him) when he has been eating nothing but beans for 2 years...

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #1169 on: March 05, 2007, 04:03:57 PM »
They still haven't found him, though. So I guess he's in luck.

Print