Print

Author Topic: Super Mario Bros. Deluxe Challenge  (Read 4436 times)

« on: July 09, 2001, 02:33:50 PM »
Help! Help! Help! Help, won't you please, please help me! Harrugigarg . . . fido hunkyum . . . Super Mario Bros. Deluxe . . . cutdown . . . handover . . . boo boo! . . . eh-er, uh . . . Challange . . . Worlds 1-2, 5-2, 6-1, 6-2, 8-3 . . . I need tips on beating the score for each of those levels! H is for Hurry, E is for Ergent, L is for Love me and P is for Please! Help!
 Hee hee! I got it! Eeeeeeeeeyippeeeeeeeeeerb!!!

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2001, 05:40:36 PM »
I ca't get scores i those levels either.

"If it''''s a joke, laugh at it"
All hail the almighty oreo master

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2001, 10:26:59 PM »
I got them.  I have no real advide on how except break bricks, get all the power ups, especially the Yoshi egg, beat it fast, and hit the top of the flag.  I know this probably doesn't help a lot, but just be re-assured, it can be done.

I'll tell you what I can't do, though: get the Black Boos in Boo's challenge.  I got the 1-2 one, but I can only get the gray ones in the other levels.

--Roy Koopa
--Oldest and coolest of the Seven Koopa Kids!

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2001, 03:00:58 PM »
I have completed the whole of SMBDX, but it took me a really long time to do, probably 4 weeks. But the main bit I was stuck on was challenge and the black boos. 1-2 is pretty easy, just run through the whole level and go down any pipe you can, but don't forget the yoshi egg (it's right next to the exit pipe). When you get to the staircase right next to the flag, stand right at the top and run and get the top when the seconds of the timer gets to 9. You will always get 7 fireworks, that's 3500 points extra. 5-2 and 6-2 are the hardest levels to get the super score for so leave them till last. 8-3 is easy. Just storm through the level and get the mushrooms in the top row of bricks where the pairs of hammer bros appear. You should now have fireballs now, so get the yoshi egg (right above the tree in the back ground in the bit with the koopa.) and complete the level normally (get the fireworks!!!). Extra tips: If there's a level where there's a koopa walking down a staircase, or a flying koopa going down, try to do the old "turtle on the staircase trick". It's so easy if you get the hang of it :) (once I actully did it twice in one level!)

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2001, 12:02:47 PM »
I've beaten everything on Super Mario Bros Deluxe, including getting all of the Score, Red Coin, and Yoshi Egg medals, and beating the challenge score, and I have gotten all of the black boos, but trust me - it took a whole 2 weeks of playing to get it. The only thing I haven't beaten is Super Mario Bros. For Super Players because I'm stuck on 4-1 with the dumb trampoline over the water. . .My advice to beat the challenge scores is to get all of the 1-up mushrooms in that level, and to get the Yoshi Eggs for they give you 2000 points. Also, try to get as many coins as you can, try to beat the board fast, and try to get 5000 on the flagpole, and defeat enemies wisely. Do all that, and you should beat those challenge scores. . .now if anyone could help me with my 4-1 trampoline problem, that would be very helpful (the funny thing is that I beat Super Mario Bros. the Lost Levels on Super Mario All Stars, but I can't seem to beat it on Super Mario DX because of the dumb trampoline in 4-1. . .and I've tried everything. . .)

This message was written by davidcoolestguy, master of anime and video games (actually he''s just a guy who''s got too much free time)

Founder of the Mario Game idea: Super Mario Bros 4: Sibling Rivalry. If you wish to see this game idea, e-mail me at david_coolest_guy@yahoo.com, and I''ll see if I can get it to you. I''m also planning on updating it, and possibly converting it into an RPG. . .

Edited by - davidcoolestguy on 8/9/01 11:04:52 AM
This message was written by davidcoolestguy, master of anime and video games (actually he''s just a guy who''s got too much free time)

Founder of the Mario Game idea: Super Mario Bros 4: Sibling Rivalry. If you wish to see this game idea, e-mail me at david_coolest_guy@yahoo.com, and I''ll see if I can get it to you. I''m also planning on updating it, and possibly converting it into an RPG. . .

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2001, 06:21:49 PM »
I've goten up to 6-3 in Super Mario for Super Players! and also the key to fireworks is if the clock ends in a 1,3,or6 you'll get that amount of fireworks!

Link

• Banned
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2001, 08:48:23 AM »
I'm a big cheater. Used Gameshark. Without it? Yeah I beat it.

------------------------------
The Game Master.

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2001, 09:01:21 PM »
Yay. . .I finally beat Super Mario Bros. for Super Players without warping as Mario (obviously w/o cheating, I never use gameshark or any other type of cheating device)! I would have beaten it a long time ago if it weren't for that giant pit in 4-1. Well, now I've done everything in SMBDX (gotten all black boos, medals, pics, etc.) I'm so happy. . .

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2001, 04:38:29 PM »
I've done almost everything in SMBDX, except for 4 black Boos (1-3, 2-1, 2-2, 2-3). Quick question - What are everyone's highest score for the following Challenge mode worlds:

3-1 - 113800 (the two Koopas on the end stairs really helped)

3-2 - 107600

5-1 - 108000

8-2 - 72700 (it's extremely hard but I did the 1up trick on the Koopa at the beginning and the end)

Also, feel free to add any other zones that you got an extremely good score on - I wanna see what caliber of SMB players we have :)

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2001, 11:55:23 PM »
Well, I busted my old 3-1 Challenge record - I got 125450 by jumping on a Koopa Troopa over and over again for half of the timer.

Print