Print

Author Topic: I can't beat Yardiovich on Mario RPG can anyone help?????  (Read 3112 times)

« on: June 12, 2002, 01:41:05 PM »
I can't beat the freakin guy I try and I try but I can't. Is there a special item I need or something I can't beat him heeeeeeeeeeelp please.
Darkness falls across the land the midnight hour is close at hand. Creatures crawl in the search of blood to terrorize a neighborhood. loose webber shall be found with the souls getting down. But stand in place the hums of hell and rot inside a corpes shell. The foulstenches in the air the funk of 40,ooo years. grizzly ghouls from every tomb are closing in to seal your doom. And though you fight to stay alive your body starts to shiver because no mear mortal can resist the evil of the thriller

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2002, 02:52:32 PM »
sorry, I cant remember exactly how I did it. I dont think there was anything in particular, ypou just needed to be strong and from then on its an endurance fight

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sors salutis
et virtutis
michi nunc contraria,
est affectus
et defectus
semper in angaria.
Hac in hora
sine mora
corde pulsum tangite;
quod per sortem
sternit fortem,
mecum omnes plangite!

I can get you the MARIO AND ZELDA CARTOONS!!!go to my "get the mario and zelda cartoons FREE!!!!" topic and request what episodes you want!!!

you really dont know, do you??

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2002, 07:42:08 PM »
First off, you need Peach in your party and the Come Back ability(I had it when I fought Johnny, kill all but one of his henchmen and you'll be fine if you have Peach in your party). Make sure Peach uses Group Hug whenever your party is in bad shape like 50-90 HP. When he uses his Mirage Attack, hit the copy that didn't attack you(hint: the one that is automatically targeted): That's the real one. You don't get any items or exp. for defeating the fake, plus when you leave it alone, he can't use Water Blast, his best attack.

Mario, Mario, Mario! What happened to Mr. Andretti?

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2002, 06:09:11 PM »
My friends, it's way harder than that. Here's the PROPER way:

Have all characters at or above level 10. Have Mario, Bowser, Geno, and a whole lot of pick-me-ups. Make sure everyone is heavily armored. Now, use ordinary attacks with everyone (be sure to use Geno Boost) and take the hits from his attacks. When someone faints, don't attack, revive the character. When he uses his Mirage Attack, the real way to see which one is the real one is to attack one of them. If you do tons more damage than ordinary, that's the mirage. Keep the pressure up on the real one to beat him.

Oh and i meant no offense when i said the REAL way to beat him; i'm just saying those strats are silly, they never worked for me.
Sigamature! Sigamature!

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2002, 01:59:26 AM »
I find that the key to beating Yaridovich is having enough items. If you run out of Pick Me Up or something then the battle gets really tough, so stock up before you take him on. And another good way to tell the real Yarid from the clone is to use Mallow's Thunderbolt, the real one will take much less damage. I had a hard time with Yaridovich when I was first playing SMRPG too, just keep at it, you'll get used to the amount of damage his attacks do and you can plan your healing tactics better.

"Like the moon over
 the day, my genius and brawn
 are lost on these fools."
       -Bowser, SMRPG

Sometimes I dream about being carried off by a giant squirrel...Does that make me a nut?
Sometimes I dream about being carried off by a giant squirrel...Does that make me a nut?

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2002, 09:06:16 PM »
Or you can use the super-cheater method that I like: Get all your characters up to lvl 30 before the fight with Yaridovich! There is a Dry Bones in the room with the shopkeeper in the Sunken Ship (The room right before the bottom half of the door puzzle) attack it and, giving Mallow as much speed as possible (43 is usually good, use Zoom shoes and ... I can't remember the item giving 15 speed) and use Thunderbolt on the enemies. At a high enough magic lvl, you will wipe out every enemy in 1 hit, gaining 27 exp easily. Give someone the Exp. Booster for double exp! Do this for a loooooooooooong time until you hit lvl 30, and the shopkeeper is right there for your items! Then Yarid (and everyone else, for that matter) goes down real easy!

If you don't have the bile for that, you definatly need Toadstool in your party. Yarid's attacks do 50-70 damage to all members at once. Group Hug erases that leaving your other 2 members (I recommend Mario and either Bowser if you want a higher hit or Mallow if you want to ditinguish the clones; Thundrbolt does 350 or so damage to the fake Yarid and about 2 damage to the real one.) And don't forget Pick-Me-Ups either, of course, I beat him without using an item once lol. (Sorry, I had to say that.)

------------------------------
What? Someone made a really dumb comment? This looks like a job for...

CYNICMAN!!!!!

That''s right! CynicMan, protector of tactlessness, enforcer of raw, abusive sarcasm!

Cynicman: What kind of introduction is THAT? It''s not even a sentence!
~I.S.~

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2002, 02:20:22 PM »
My method works PERFECTLY every time! I beat him easily with a Mario, Bowser, Peach party, WITHOUT items (okay, maybe a few Syrups and one Pick-Me-Up on Peach, but thats it)! And I know which one is the real one because I never change my target enemy in that battle, and that way I always hit the real one and NEVER the mirage. I know that because I don't do a ridiculus amount of damage on him.

Mario, Mario, Mario! What happened to Mr. Andretti?

Print