Print

Author Topic: Reality Game  (Read 4212 times)

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« on: May 31, 2008, 06:08:29 PM »
I've been playing this game for a while; its okay, but its not as fun unless you play it with other people. So since I'm posting here, feel free to post about character stats, Game Updates, Weapons and Armours, and New Content. Since I only recently got to level 16, I still haven't unlocked most of the content, but everything is good so far. I'm still 2 levels away from playing mature rated minigames, but I don't really mind much. It kind of sickens me that once you hit level 18, you no longer have player protection on you, and you have to take on much harder quests in order to level up more. My armour is standard level 16 armour, complete with Red Wind Pants, Red Shirt, Red Nintendo Sweatshirt, Cotton Socks, and Red Shoes. Sometimes I wear a hat, in case I need Eye protection +30. I haven't been training too often, but back in the day, I used to battle SCHOOL BULLY's. They gave some decent experience, but they were harder then crap to take on. I usually formed party's to battle them, but they always caught me off guard when I was alone. Of course, the biggest baddies of all were the SCHOOL TEACHER, and the even more deadly SCHOOL PRINCIPAL. Though they are not initially hostile, they are fierce when angered. In fact, I had accidentally got in a tussle with multiple SCHOOL TEACHER's, and they had cast IMPRISION on me and carried me to the SCHOOL PRINCIPAL's LAIR. After that, I had lost the battle, and the Admin had banned me from entering that area. I'm not banned anymore, but I try to avoid that place because the monsters are still too tough.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2008, 07:44:20 PM »
Right now my guy needs a Shower as he's slowly losing HP due to Dirtiness. He also needs a Shave and a Haircut to improve his Appearance rate. Other than that, the only missions I'm undertaking are "Finish Spanish HW" which is easy and pays a small about of Exp., and the other is "Attend Cousin's Confirmation Reception" which is a little harder as it means I have to find and equip some more unsophisticated Armor in addition to the Shower, Shave and Haircut I mentioned before to get my guy's Appearance high enough. This mission also involves remembering how use a lot more types of Manners than usual, as I typically favor Missions that involve other Skills.

I've also got some pretty big Missions that I'll be starting on later, such as taking down four bosses called SPANISH REGENTS EXAM, PHYSICS REGENT EXAM, MATH B REGENT EXAM, and US HISTORY REGENTS EXAM. I've tried fighting the MATH B REGENTS EXAM twice before, and I lost both times. Sometimes I think I suck at this game, but then I remember that there are people out there that have done worse and weren't lucky enough to be recruited by the same Family Members that recruited me. One last Mission that I know I have a long shot at completing is a sidequest involving me and another Player than I courted once but failed on the last part of the Mini-Game. Now the chances of me even getting another shot at this Mini-Game again is even less likely than the first time, since that's how this type of  Mini-Game works.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2008, 08:05:52 PM »
Well, I think I'm doing pretty good so far. Needless to say, the graphics/customizability are definitely impressive, but the plot's kind of weak and the BGM could use some work. Also, the Humans need a serious overhaul compared to the other classes.

Me personally, though? My HP is doing grand compared to some other people I know--some of these guys are on their last legs, I swear. I had a pretty good amount of Gold a while ago, but I spent most of it on special features on the Main Menu. Right now, I'm having a tough time, being on the End of Sophmore year level, and all. Check it out, though: My Family Guild managed to pool enough Gold to unlock the Africa map! I'll be heading there within the month.

This is Thread of the Year.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2008, 08:31:37 PM »
I like how they included playable games like Animal Crossing did. Just hope that means we won't lose them when the portable version comes out. My HP should be filled up, since I've been getting free inn stays at my house all day, but I need to get my Cleanliness stat up before I go to the Chapel. Hopefully there'll be someone there to take care of my Cold, Nausea, and Strange Lump On Leg status effects that resting never takes care of.

My biggest gripe with the game so far is the relationship mechanic. It expects me to type in every response with no multiple choices and no indication of the impact it will have. That's just lazy design.

Also, do I ever get any permanent party members? I've had a few temporary ones, but they never follow me when I go somewhere else. And I've never even gotten to use them in any battles. Lame.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2008, 08:56:08 PM »
Being level 18 rules, I have all this gold in my treasure box that despite being used up quickly, always ends up filled with twice the original amount. I get bored easily though, since I've severed many ties with the multiple clans I joined over the years, but I have good reasons for abandoning them near the end. Some of them have horrible stats, many have no bonuses I can benefit from, and one uses the same strategy for griefing other players, so his act got stale and he tried to offer me advantages for getting ahead in the game. In the end, I left him for dead in the Dungeon of Precalculus.

I've never bothered with the support mechanic, and I doubt I ever will if I've gone this long without using it and still rose to the top.

I need a new quest, I've been on cruise control for a while now and all I have left is the Ceremony of Graduation. Next year, I plan on installing the College Life expansion pack, which will hopefully bring some new challenges to the game.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2008, 10:52:00 PM »
There must be something wrong with my connection; so far, I've only been able to play multiplayer once. Am I doing something wrong?

And now I realize that metaphor looks different from how I imagined it.

I do like the combat mechanic, though. I'm only 14 kills away from getting an Achievement. I think the police response AI is a little too aggressive, though.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2008, 10:20:40 AM by Glorb »
every

CrossEyed7

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2008, 11:07:39 PM »
I haven't bothered much with the job system yet. Too much work. They should really simplify it a bit in the next update.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2008, 08:25:07 AM »
Most of my Party Members are in the process of installing a new expansion pack, which means they'll be spending all their time on maps that I won't have access too yet. I'm afraid the same thing will happen to me once I install that expansion pack myself, then I may lose my opportunity to complete the dating sim mini-game I mentioned earlier.

CrossEyed7

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2008, 12:27:03 PM »
Are you on the New York map? I hated the Regents bosses. And they don't even give you any experience or gold. That's why I got the Pennsylvania map for the College expansion pack.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2008, 06:01:48 PM »
I think I may end up stating here in the Brooklyn section of the New York map once I install the expansion pack. None of my Family Guild members want to see me go. Makes for less backtracking in the long run.

Kuromatsu

• 黒松
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2008, 09:19:39 PM »
Bump'd this topic cause I just completed the most dull quest to date, It was so bad that I think I'm going to cancel my Fall subscription. I need the gold for the 2008 school patch. hopefully I haven't de-leveled any skill points that I need, or else I'm a goner.

CrossEyed7

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2008, 09:34:29 PM »
I'm on the Philadelphia map now for some specialized skill points. Lots of PvP fights around here.

Print