Yes, you just don't see his mouth
5 (62.5%)
No, but he dubbed it in
1 (12.5%)
No, someone else dubbed it in
2 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Print

Author Topic: Did Dennis Hopper actually say "Bob-omb"?  (Read 4403 times)

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« on: April 24, 2011, 12:34:19 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dc1XVTfJVW0" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dc1XVTfJVW0</a>

Koopa's lips are off-screen when he says "Bob-omb." Watching the clip closely, though, his lips don't seem to move in the split-second before they go offscreen.

When that shot was originally shot, did Dennis Hopper actually say anything, or was it just a silent reaction shot that later had "Bob-omb" dubbed over it?

YOU ARE THE JUDGE AND THE JURY.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2011, 12:38:50 PM »
His cheek twitches ever so slightly as the word is uttered, so I would assume he's at least saying something.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2011, 12:40:41 PM »
Could that not just be YouTube's bad habit of audio desynchronization?
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2011, 01:59:02 PM »
No. That's actually how the scene went.

It's hard to whisper the word Bob-omb, but I think he did an ok job.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2011, 03:25:35 PM »
I'm not in a position to watch the clip, but now that you mention it, it did sound... off. I mean, I didn't even remember that scene until I saw the Nostalgia Critic review.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2011, 04:31:38 PM »
It always sounded to me like they were calling it "The Bomb," because "bubbOMB" never sounded anything less than goofy to me, and because I was already leaving a lot of room for stuff the movie would get wrong
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2011, 02:17:44 AM »
I'm pretty sure he says it, it just happens right when his mouth moves off-screen so it looks funny.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Print