Print

Author Topic: Wacko dreams  (Read 226558 times)

« Reply #330 on: May 26, 2008, 11:48:56 AM »
If its true, then I'm not the only one ion this forum with ESP.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #331 on: May 26, 2008, 03:18:03 PM »
Did you foresee me posting the rules of it's and its like an old grumpy man?

I T ' S: IT IS
I T S: BELONGS TO IT
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #332 on: May 26, 2008, 04:07:38 PM »
They screwed that up in Okami near the end. One thing I can say for Nintendo... they never have typos (now, Nintendo Power...).

Personally, I'm tired of people mixing up "effect" and "affect".
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #333 on: May 26, 2008, 05:08:50 PM »
Seriously, it effects us all.

:D
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #334 on: May 26, 2008, 06:05:57 PM »

I've always said that one of the main advantages of Nintendo shying away from voice acting is that they have the best grammar of anyone in the industry. I'll never forget Sonic Adventure 2's "I'll find and destroy that cannon... and then kick their emperial butts!" There were too many grammar mistakes in that game to point them all out, and far too many for grown men who write for a living, but that one has always stuck in my head.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #335 on: May 28, 2008, 07:37:40 AM »
Holy crud! I had one! I had a lucid dream!

Basically, I was using some balloons to fly around to different places. I went to some temple area and stole some money from it though I suspect that some of it was fake. Seriously. Stephen King on $1 bills? Anyway, I also went to another place called the Lake of Amusement where I could breathe underwater and saw all kinds of neat things like the Kraken monster from Earthbound. Amusement indeed. At one point, some punk kid tried to steal one of my balloons and I think I might've seen a bunch of cats too. Maybe they were in the lake.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

CrossEyed7

« Reply #336 on: May 28, 2008, 12:04:53 PM »
I just dreamed I was part of a Mormon sect that believes video games are evil, and I was up on stage with another guy from it about my age, and I was trying to incriminate him by making it look like he had planned to hug a Super Mario Galaxy box in his sleep. I called it Super Mario Galaxy Palace, possibly to make myself look ignorant about video games. It didn't work out, though, and I ended up back to mostly normal in my dorm room at 2:37 PM, with a final to take at 3:00. I started wandering around the hall, finding one door with a whiteboard on it where someone had drawn a short, fat Kirby and put two actual baseball caps on top of it, and the brim of the hat bobbed up and down, making it look like Kirby was bobbing his head to music. Suddenly, I realized it was probably 3, and ran back to my room. In fact, it was 3:25. I ran outside, then realized I didn't know where the final was, so I ran back to my room to check. But I couldn't check the room online, because my computer had already been packed up, and checking it on the Wii would have taken too long, so I looked at a piece of paper. It said that it was in "332 Boyer 225". Boyer is the name of the main academic building, and either of those numbers alone would direct me to a room in it, but with both of them together, it made no sense. So I just decided to wake up, and tell myself in a matter-of-fact voice, "I already took that final. And got the grade back. And now I'm home. Stop it."
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #337 on: May 28, 2008, 01:49:27 PM »
I have no dreams of recollection within the past month but I had some interesting dreams in the past that I can barely remember. I know your brain deltes the dreams after it used them for sorting info and etc but I don't remember them. Isn't that odd?
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

« Reply #338 on: May 28, 2008, 01:51:43 PM »
I dreamt last night that since I had no political standing, a giant statue of my college's principal or whoever melted like ice cream, which then caused a portion of the student body to hate me. I also dreamt that I met up with people who had the ability to see ghosts, and they said the only way to see them is to concentrate. When I did I found out my house was haunted by some guy who spends his afterlife watching television. There were also a bunch of evil ghosts too, which I had to get rid of Poltergust 3000-style with a Wii Remote and Nunchuk (somehow it was able to shine light by pointing and vacuum by holding the B button).

CrossEyed7

« Reply #339 on: May 28, 2008, 04:42:29 PM »
I'd love a Luigi's Mansion 2 on the Wii. Maybe turn it into the second Mario FPS.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #340 on: May 28, 2008, 07:09:10 PM »
Why not make it more like a ... Luigi's Mansion 2?
That was a joke.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #341 on: May 28, 2008, 09:37:40 PM »
It could be both better or worse to have a Luigi's Mansion FPA. I would imagine that it would be annoying if you weren't aware of ghosts behind you, but on the other hand, the more personal perspective that is first person could make it more entertaining.

EDIT: Actually, I've decided that it wouldn't work as well. It would probably feel really claustrophobic. But we've got to have some sort of change from the original! I would imagine the plot to be something along the lines of Gadd asking Luigi to put down a particularly powerful group of Boos and clean up the mess they've made in some locale. Perhaps Luigi finds later than somebody has been taken hostage, so we can keep with the tradition of rescuing.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 09:42:10 PM by Suffix »

CrossEyed7

« Reply #342 on: May 28, 2008, 09:43:11 PM »
I don't know, I think the claustrophobia would fit the mood.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #343 on: May 28, 2008, 09:46:59 PM »
Luigi's Mansion 1 had pretty cramped halls-- and you need to be able to see in most directions in an FPS/A (I'm talking about the ability to see near your feet, rather than a wall in front of you). I suppose it would be easy enough to give the rooms realistic proportions.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #344 on: May 29, 2008, 06:40:18 AM »
Well, (for absolutely no discernable reason), Nintendo is publishing Fatal Frame IV, so mabe we'll just consider that its "spiritual" successor...
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Print