Print

Author Topic: Got a Nintendo GameCube- Which games should I get?  (Read 9795 times)

megamush

• Infinite member error
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2007, 08:45:35 AM »
Super Mario Sunshine
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door
Mario Strikers
Brawl isn't on GC, nor is it even out yet, you must be thinking of Melee.
What ever you do don't press Ctrl-W

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2007, 11:55:30 AM »
Tales of Symphonia is the accursed game that's fun for the first 40 hours and by then you realize that it's interminable madness. With good music played by outdated synths.
That was a joke.

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2007, 01:44:15 PM »
Wow! Thanks for all the suggestions! I'm going to buying all these games used since I have no money. Otherwise, they all sound like good titles to get after I finish Metroid 2 (which has been really excellent so far!).
« Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 01:48:52 PM by WarioLandMan »
TMK/Fungi Forums-Maniac since 2002.

« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2007, 10:14:00 PM »
Too lazy to see which games have and haven't been mentioned, so I'll name off my favorites:

- Beyond Good and Evil

- Burnout 2: Point of Impact

- Eternal Darkness

- Metroid Prime (the first one)

- Prince of Persia: Sands of Time

- Resident Evil (the first one)

- Resident Evil 4

- Smash Bros. Melee

- Sonic Mega Collection (hey, I was deprived of the Sega Genesis as a kid, so getting the chance to have the first three Sonic games plus Sonic & Knuckles (and a few other games) on one CD (plus other stuff, like all the Archie Sonic comic covers from #1 to #100) was cool. I believe in any case that this CD has phenomenal presentation. They even have high-res scans of the original manuals for each game for you to flip through. Mind that if you consider it, the PS2 version has more games on it like Comix Zone, and both versions do not have Sonic CD.)

- Viewtiful Joe

- Wave Race: Blue Storm

No, I didn't forget Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. Great game I'm sure. But when playing it... I don't know, it just doesn't seem to have the magic I expected. Maybe it was the new realistic look that meant a drastic change in appearance for Hyrule and its inhabitants. Maybe it was the relative unfamiliarity of playing Zelda on a GameCube controller (control's definitely tighter, just like how Super Mario Sunshine felt tighter than Mario 64). You should definitely give it a try though, because reviews are very positive (better than Wind Waker I think).

But then, I was one of those people who opted for Okami instead of Zelda. May they forever be together as the two greatest games of 2006, ignoring Guitar Hero.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 10:23:10 PM by penguinwizard »
You didn't say wot wot.

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2007, 10:28:11 PM »
How could I forget Resident Evil 4?

I heard Geist is a good Gamecube exclusive.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2007, 10:28:28 PM »
Really? I heard it was terrible.
That was a joke.

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2007, 10:32:57 PM »
If you have friends with GBAs, get:
The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
Pac-Man Vs.

Linkin800

• Choppy words and a sloppy flow
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2007, 12:08:31 AM »
If you were wondering where Pac Man vs is, it's included with Pac Man World 2 (the game is sorta hard to find)

Oh and here are some games that you should stay away from.

Mickey's Magical Mirror (this game SUCKS BADLY!!! stay away from it at all costs)

The Simpson's Road Rage

Rayman Arena (it's so-so but not good enough to stay out of this list)

I cant think of anymore but yeah stay away from them.

One more thing you should try getting. The GameCube GameBoy Advance Player it lets you play GBA games on you're TV and it makes it easyer to use GBA games that connect to GameCube games if you don't have a second GBA.(I found it really useful when doing that E-reader stuff for Super Mario Bros Advace 4: Super Mario Bros 3)
Time is repeating itself. Why you say? Look at the Wii and NES and you'll know why.

« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2007, 02:49:46 PM »
Get Mario Kart: Double Dash. It fun, especially with co-op players
Zelda: The Wind Waker, it's pretty fun, you should get that too.
It's-a Me, Wii-Player

« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2007, 02:09:55 PM »
If you have friends with GBAs, get:
The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
Pac-Man Vs.
I do in fact! Thanks for the tips.

What about the Game Boy Player? Is it worth getting? I've heard it's like the Super Game Boy (though I don't have one yet for my SNES)
TMK/Fungi Forums-Maniac since 2002.

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2007, 02:30:29 PM »
unlike the Super Game Boy, the Game Boy player does not enhance your games in any way, even Super Game Boy compatible games. That said, It's really up to you.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2007, 04:28:01 PM »
I like the Game Boy Player. There's not much more I can say about it...
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2007, 04:30:24 PM »
Brawl isn't on GC, nor is it even out yet, you must be thinking of Melee.
Right; Brawl's all that's been on my mind lately.

Another one I left out: Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
KOOLO LIMPA!!!

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2007, 01:47:46 AM »
Boo Dudley leaves out the fact that the Game Boy Player is really nice for not having to play GBA/GBC games on GBA/GBC. I still like my Super Game Boy for pre-GBC games, although it runs slightly fast.
That was a joke.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2007, 12:22:54 AM »
Yes, maybe the GB Player isn't the innovation of the century, but only a soulless man could not revel in the unbridled glee of experiencing Mario & Luigi or Minish Cap on a 50" screen with the GCN controller.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Print