Print

Author Topic: The Hardest Mario Game  (Read 23879 times)

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2008, 03:00:13 PM »
Well, there's only so many minigames you can do with the same three or four buttons and a joystick. Hence, mashing.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2008, 06:35:43 PM »
They could have easily come up with another form of control for those types of games. I recall the C-Buttons not being used at all (save for minor things like reading the rules in the minigame intro screens).

MP's 5 and 6 (or was it 6 and 7?) started using the entire controller, having the C-Stick as part of the control scheme in some of the games.

What I'd like to see is less of the Press the button repeadtley/as fast as you can/rotation games and more of the other types of games.

MP8 was a step in the right direction. I don't recall a single button masher in that game (though, I didn't play it nearly as long as the oterh MP games).
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2008, 04:20:48 PM »
I don't know what the rest of you are talking about. I love button mashing minigames!
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2008, 07:24:33 PM »
Then you must love the Warioware series.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2008, 11:27:11 PM »
Have you ever played WarioWare?
That was a joke.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2008, 11:34:01 PM »
Who doesn't love WarioWare?

« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2008, 12:01:57 AM »
The Wario Ware games I've played are twisted and smooth.  Twisted is by far the best handheld game to feature the motion thingy.  The mini-games are good, wacky fun and there is a good amount of features like the souvenirs, it also manages to be challenging without feeling cheap.  Smooth was a great game, but it just wasn't as good as twisted, it was just missing something.
Victory... is my destiny!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2008, 07:44:05 AM »
Those two are my personal faves, actually (though the original has that simplistic, bare-bones charm).

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2008, 09:25:31 PM »
I need more Wario Ware games, as I only have the first. But it's amazing, Nintendo even manages a new genre in this day and age. Amazing stuff.
Ditto used Machop!

« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2008, 04:18:30 PM »
Definitely Super Mario Bros.2 for NES, the "oddball" one. I have never beaten it! All the other NES, SNES, GameBoy games, I have beaten, but not SMB2!!
TMK/Fungi Forums-Maniac since 2002.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2008, 03:48:52 PM »
Personally, I had a little trouble with SMB2J at first, but to me it isn't as hard as everyone is saying it is. I don't know which Mario game I think is the hardest because I have still yet to play them all. I did play all the RPGs, some sport games, and most of the platformers, though.
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

Sqrt2

« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2008, 04:47:12 AM »
Super Mario Galaxy, mostly due to the Daredevil and Speedy comets.
AA fanboy and proud!

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2008, 09:20:55 AM »
The only prankster comets that I had a lot of trouble with were Bouldergeist Daredevil run and Luigi's Purple coins.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2008, 08:15:06 PM »
Super Mario Galaxy is SO much easier than SMS or SM64. And it's especially easier than SMB2 Japan.
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2008, 08:20:48 PM »
Preschool Fun is the hardest. Honestly, it downright unbeatable.

Print