Print

Author Topic: What [ticks] me off is...  (Read 80078 times)

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #285 on: October 05, 2008, 12:46:45 AM »
I hate hate hate those shirts that suggest the wearer is an angry person who doesn't give a crap about the world around him.

I know, right? Those suck.

If there's two kinds of shirts I really hate, and I'm not normally one to go hating on others' clothes, it's shirts that make references to internet fads that died years ago (Chuck Norris shirts, mostly), and shirts that reference 80s cartoons in an attempt to be hip. Look, wearing a shirt for a cartoon that it ended its run eight years before you were born isn't hip or ironic or whatever. It's dumb.

However, I do plan to get a Deep Crow shirt one of these days.
every

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #286 on: October 05, 2008, 06:46:37 AM »
My favorite shirts are in a hotel in Arizona or New Mexico.  I'd washed clothes about halfway on our trip across country an left them hanging in a hotel closet.  Arrgh.   

“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #287 on: October 05, 2008, 08:56:05 AM »
Somewhat adding to Glorb's last gripe, I despise shirts that have mock-faded, old logos for sugary cereal or pop. I cannot understand the point of them or why kids, especially in this day and age, would wear them. I guess those companies are so powerful, they can not only get people to pay to advertise their product--they can get people to pay to advertise their product from thirty years ago.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #288 on: October 05, 2008, 09:47:03 AM »
I think you can wear a shirt promoting something provided you actually have experienced it, even if you only watched it in reruns or whatever.
I kind of hate mock-faded/crumbled shirts too (promoting anything), even though I have a free Sonic 15th anniversary one from E3 that I wear a lot.
I also hate shirts that tell you not to read the shirt or that you're stupid or whatever, or how apparently hot or hip the wearer is. And by extension, one word adjective/noun shirts such as "hottie".
Those and clothes that promote the store at which the clothing was purchased. I guess I hate pretty much all clothes people wear right now.
That was a joke.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #289 on: October 05, 2008, 09:53:52 AM »
I wear shirts with old logos that are faded for real from the shirt being somewhat old (actually just one, a Mountain Dew shirt my dad gave me, and I don't wear it often).

Most of my other shirts are from conventions or are related to music, video games, or school (that is, they're purple and gold and/or they have a panther on there somewhere). Some of these categories overlap.

I have a couple of shirts that have "humorous" phrases on them (not the insulting kind), but they usually just sit in my wardrobe with the Mountain Dew shirt and the button-down shirts that won't really be fitting to wear until spring, when there's a good chance of them being too small. I agree that shirts that insult the reader or give the wearer undeserved praise are stupid. Also shirts with innuendos.

EDIT: My two gripes there also apply to sigs, mostly on other forums where, in tandem with emoticons and banner sigs and other junk, they make me want to tear my eyes out.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 10:02:52 AM by WarpRattler »

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #290 on: October 05, 2008, 10:26:23 AM »
Just for the record, if I were allowed to (because, trust me, if I tried, I wouldn't be), I would snap up the "Jesus is F'ing Metal" and/or "Jesus Says... "Don't be a Dick" shirts on Penny Arcade so fast.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 10:28:13 AM by ShadowBrain »
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #291 on: October 05, 2008, 02:07:56 PM »
We've all forgotten about the ones that show cartoon characters like the Pink Panther and Bugs Bunny wearing an irrational amount of "gangsta bling."
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #292 on: October 05, 2008, 02:55:51 PM »
Never bring those up again.
every

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #293 on: October 05, 2008, 02:58:42 PM »
We've all forgotten about the ones that show cartoon characters like the Pink Panther and Bugs Bunny wearing an irrational amount of "gangsta bling."
Quote from: Fixed
We've all forgotten about the ones that show cartoon characters like the Pink Panther and Bugs Bunny wearing "gangsta bling."
Fixed.  Your use of the phrase "irrational amount" is not necessary as any "gangsta bling" is an irrational amount.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #294 on: October 05, 2008, 03:08:35 PM »
My least favorite of those shirts are the ones with Mario depicted as a Gangtsa Prince, sitting on a throne surrounded by cash and holding a gun, as Luigi pokes out from behind the throne and tries to grab a dollah.
No! I don't want that!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #295 on: October 05, 2008, 03:38:49 PM »
You mean those shirts that show parodies of all sorts of famous characters in a suggestive "gangsta" style. It's like Wacky Packages from the hood.

« Reply #297 on: October 05, 2008, 04:39:20 PM »

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #298 on: October 05, 2008, 11:53:37 PM »
You know when you say a word over and over again in quick succession, it doesn't feel like a word anymore? That just happened.
every

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #299 on: October 06, 2008, 01:05:25 PM »
I just realized how delicate Boo Dudley's post is.  Just remove every "r" in those quotes...
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Print