Yes.
11 (37.9%)
No.
13 (44.8%)
I'd have to think about it more.
5 (17.2%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Print

Author Topic: Do you believe in Mario?  (Read 32545 times)

Super Caterina!

• Super Cool
« Reply #90 on: June 14, 2008, 01:31:38 PM »
The only problem is if you can only understand half of what's spoken, how are you to know it's a parody?

Did you mean that tvprogram? I can understand everything they say, because that is the English we learnt at primary school (and then they talk slow)! =D
The English I will never understand is your one, the American English...You talk veryveryvery fast! XD

By the way, back into topic! XD
Is there anyone who believed Mario and Co. really existed?
I have heard also those time that there were other children that believed in the existence of Mushroom kingdom, so I wasn't teh only one! =)
So I know that someone here believe really in the existence of Mario like I used to do!
I won't do a joke of you, because I have thought this, too....And I think it's sad I don't think anymore like this! =(

Hey, wait!  At the end a dream of mine come really true: when I was little I always dreamed to do a kartrace against Mario and Co. in the Mushroom Kingdom, for example, and now I can see this dream becoming true with my own eyes by playing with my Mii in Mario Kart Wii! XD So I can see me against the Mario & Co.! =)

It's meee, Super Caterina! =D

« Reply #91 on: June 14, 2008, 01:48:01 PM »
No. Honestly, my opinion is that there's only one universe. I think the theory of infinite universes is just a concoction made up by science geeks with too much time on their hands (okay, maybe not, but you get my point. ;))

This kinda reminds me of my childhood - I remember when I was a young kid that I believed that it was possible for my imaginary worlds to exist far off in space. Times have changed... :P
What is a mystery? Just go inside my head, and you'll find out.

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #92 on: June 16, 2008, 11:51:38 AM »
But how can you know that there's only one universe? Is that sort of thing truly knowable?
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #93 on: June 17, 2008, 09:47:07 AM »
Not necessarily, but that goes both ways; we also have no proof of there being many universes.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #94 on: June 17, 2008, 01:24:54 PM »
Universe means everything. How can you have two everythings.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #95 on: June 17, 2008, 10:50:08 PM »
You can't have two everythings, but you can have a lot of nothings.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #96 on: June 18, 2008, 12:03:13 AM »
Why can't you have two everythings as long as they don't occupy the same dimension in space?
That was a joke.

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #97 on: June 18, 2008, 12:13:00 AM »
You can't have two everythings, but you can have a lot of nothings.

There is no such thing as nothing.
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #98 on: June 18, 2008, 07:33:01 AM »
There is, but it isn't tangible.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #99 on: June 18, 2008, 10:22:44 AM »
Philosophically, at least, you can't have nothing, because the concept of nothing is itself a thing. Or at least we can't imagine it.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 03:08:16 PM by CrossEyed7 »
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #100 on: June 18, 2008, 01:46:31 PM »
The Chef, you can pick what kind of cookie.
Super Caterina, I know how you feel. I have 2 Mexicans in my school that talk English very fast. So fast, you think their speaking Spanish.

Reading

• is FUNdamental
« Reply #101 on: June 18, 2008, 06:45:18 PM »
I invented my own theory of the Multiverse for my website. A Dimension is the same thing as a Universe for this system. Our Dimension (Dimension B) lies at the center of a field called Hyperspace which is filled with energy. In some areas the energy is denser than in others. The shock waves from the expansion of our universe (which started at the "Big Bang") create waves of energy that travel outwards, occaisonally interfering with energy clumps in Hyperspace and causing them to collapse, converting into matter and creating their own Big Bangs. The process repeats itself thus precipitating the creation of more universes.

Someone might try to take apart my theory, but that's what it is: fiction. In real life, I don't really believe in the existence of multiple universes. I never believed Mario was real either, although I'm "pretending" he truly exists for purposes on my website. Complicated backstory and all that.
We went to see them for the first time in 5 years because they were going away for 3 years.

« Reply #102 on: June 18, 2008, 06:52:28 PM »
Super Caterina, I know how you feel. I have 2 Mexicans in my school that talk English very fast. So fast, you think their speaking Spanish.

rotfl!!
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

Super Caterina!

• Super Cool
« Reply #103 on: June 19, 2008, 01:11:27 AM »
In that case, it would be better for me if they speak directly Spanish! XD
By the way, when I listen to an American speaking, I can hear only "warawawaweh" etc. =p I have an American friend and when I talk with him he always must talk very sloooooow...eheheheh!^_^'
It's meee, Super Caterina! =D

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #104 on: June 19, 2008, 01:47:03 AM »
Heh, that's actually quite funny. Does [American] English really have that many "wh" noises? Certainly, a large percentage of questions begin with "what," "where," "why," and so on, but I can't imagine regular sentences having that many "wa" noises.

Print