Print

Author Topic: Mariology (serious posts wanted)  (Read 476278 times)

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #1050 on: January 20, 2007, 08:09:53 PM »
Well, it could be possible that since it takes place in a different dimension from ours, the physics there are different as well, thus leading me to believe that water is solid enough to stand on in it's vapor state in that dimension.

« Reply #1051 on: January 23, 2007, 03:59:25 PM »
Can you explain that more?
Senior Mariology professor

« Reply #1052 on: January 23, 2007, 04:12:25 PM »
The clouds are sentient beings.  When you attempt to jump on them, they condense the area you are going to stand so that you don't fall through.  That would also mean, then, that they have minor telepathic powers so that they don't solidify when you want to go through.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

Fwirt

• Now in Cherry
« Reply #1053 on: January 23, 2007, 04:29:36 PM »
Perhaps the water in the Mushroom world is far more polar than our water, allowing it to hold up incredibly large objects.  In vapor form, the water's polarity allows Mario to sort of hover, but while in liquid form, the polarity breaks the surface tension, preventing Mario from floating?  That's as logical and scientific as I can come up with.
"Say, you good at video games?  I'm not good at video games.  The last time I fired up one of my old Sega tapes it made me a waffle."

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #1054 on: January 23, 2007, 06:37:16 PM »
More likely, an intense polarity would allow water molecules to form an ionic bond-like structure. I don't know how vapor would be able to gain polarity, though. By the way, I still can't believe we're talking about this.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #1055 on: January 23, 2007, 10:55:17 PM »
I think the solid clouds aren't actually clouds, they're some kind of organism, maybe related to the Smorg, though typically more stable. (Especially the clouds with eyes) Then the other clouds are the actual clouds. As to how the Smorg clouds levitate... tough one. I guess they absorb energy, either directly or photosynthetically, and then convert it into an anti-gravitational force.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #1056 on: January 24, 2007, 04:51:49 PM »
Yeah I think I'm gonna go with that Smorg theory, the same can be said about the Puffs as in Huff'N' Puff.
OH, NO! There goes Tokyo! GO, GO GODZILLA!
------
Yinzers Rule!

Fwirt

• Now in Cherry
« Reply #1057 on: January 24, 2007, 04:52:05 PM »
Actually, the clouds are probably organisms because they have eyes.  So do the hills though...  The Hills Have Eyes... wasn't that the name of a horror movie?

(I can't believe we're talking about this either.)

Why don't Mario's overalls ever get dirty if he's a plumber?
"Say, you good at video games?  I'm not good at video games.  The last time I fired up one of my old Sega tapes it made me a waffle."

« Reply #1058 on: January 24, 2007, 05:41:45 PM »
Actually, the clouds are probably organisms because they have eyes.  So do the hills though...  The Hills Have Eyes... wasn't that the name of a horror movie?

(I can't believe we're talking about this either.)

Yes.

Then leave.

Programmers are lazy.

Think the Puff species really eat anything? Mabey they just drink water...

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #1059 on: January 24, 2007, 06:08:00 PM »
The Puff are made of Marshmallow, and they "eat" each other, you know to become larger and more powerful. That's what Huff N. Puff did.

Fwirt

• Now in Cherry
« Reply #1060 on: January 25, 2007, 04:49:41 PM »
Unless you're talking about the species of clouds from SMRPG, which are clearly much smaller than Huff 'n' Puff.  I don't think they're cannibalistic.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #1061 on: January 25, 2007, 05:37:21 PM »
What were the cloud people in SMRPG called?

« Reply #1062 on: January 25, 2007, 05:43:04 PM »
Nimbus people? Something along those lines...

Huff N Puff never said they're made of marshmallows.

But more improtantly marshmallows don't fly.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #1063 on: January 25, 2007, 07:00:32 PM »
If you were a princess trapped in a castle, would you wanna be swept off your feet by a guy covered in crap? 

If I was desperate, maybe...
Regards, Uncle Dolan

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #1064 on: January 26, 2007, 09:56:01 AM »
Nimbus people? Something along those lines...

Huff N Puff never said they're made of marshmallows.

But more improtantly marshmallows don't fly.

Then they must taste pretty freakin' good. Because the Yoshi kids tried to them in the ending parade.

Print