Print

Author Topic: Mariology (serious posts wanted)  (Read 476372 times)

Fwirt

• Now in Cherry
« Reply #1080 on: February 01, 2007, 01:20:15 AM »
I suppose clouds can be sentient life forms just like Boos can be life forms.  Maybe Ruff Puffs are related to Boos?
"Say, you good at video games?  I'm not good at video games.  The last time I fired up one of my old Sega tapes it made me a waffle."

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #1081 on: February 01, 2007, 03:09:21 PM »
Isn't it already apparent that objects which are inanimate in our world can be alive in the Mushroom World?

« Reply #1082 on: February 01, 2007, 04:21:07 PM »
Sigh. You think about these imaginary physics way too much to possibly enjoy the game.

Well actually, I collect the games sprites, so I appreciate the complexity of the games scenery.

And since I think about these things I geuss it means I'm a bigger Mario fan than most others, eh?

Yes the objects in the Mushroom World seem alive. So how is it possible?

Ah %$@& it I'm just going with the cloud creatures really just being cloud shapped outside and filled with air and organs inside.
Senior Mariology professor

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1083 on: February 01, 2007, 05:28:09 PM »
I really can't agree with you being a "bigger Mario fan" since really you're just spending waaaay too much time thinking about stuff that will never be explained because it has no explanation.
That was a joke.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #1084 on: February 02, 2007, 01:46:57 PM »
What are Boos ghosts of, anyway? We've seen ghosts of Toads and Shy Guys, which were probably the most likely candidates. Maybe they're just born that way - they seem to have some concept of aging.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #1085 on: February 02, 2007, 04:42:32 PM »
I've always thought of Boos as the ghosts of the millions of Goombas and Koopas Mario has stomped on, though I do remember one theory that somebody (not here) had: that the Boos are of the Shyguys, and King Boo (Luigi's Mansion) is actually Wart transformed into a Boo.

That theory made little sense to me, as there were already ghosts that were clearly Shyguys (or had been Shyguys) roaming about (in Luigi's Mansion and Yoshi's Island).

Maybe the Boos are just the projections of evil magic, very much how Redeads (Zelda) are animated magic.

Here's a Shyguy related question: What's behind a Shyguys' mask?
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #1086 on: February 02, 2007, 05:11:27 PM »
I think that Boos are their own species, a supernatural species, but still a species

As for the thing about the Shyguy masks, well, some things are best left unknown.

« Reply #1087 on: February 02, 2007, 05:27:22 PM »
Here's a Shyguy related question: What's behind a Shyguys' mask?

Here's a theory: Shyguys are actually Goombas from Subcon in disguise. Why are they in disguise? Well maybe they were just Wart's troops and their garments are mandatory to wear for Wart's troops as a sign of allegiance to Wart's army; a uniform of sorts. The Shyguys from YI were sent to the mushroom kingdom on a special mission- possibly to conquer the land.

Perhaps the mask is actually their face. That would explain why Luigi was so surprised at the sight of an unmasked Shyguy at the end of Mario tennis.

In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #1088 on: February 02, 2007, 05:56:12 PM »
The only problem with the Goomba thing is that fact that Shy Guys have visible arms, and their behavior is different from that of a Goomba.

I think it conceals something unfit for mortal eyes.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #1089 on: February 02, 2007, 06:12:09 PM »
In Luigi's Mansion, vaccumming off the mask of a ghost shy guy will reveal a dark face with scary eyes or something, but I'm not sure about the real thing.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #1090 on: February 02, 2007, 06:46:31 PM »
I think it conceals something unfit for mortal eyes.

So Luigi is immortal, then? :p
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #1091 on: February 02, 2007, 06:54:17 PM »
The only problem with the Goomba thing is that fact that Shy Guys have visible arms, and their behavior is different from that of a Goomba.

Perhaps the Goombas from Subcon are an entirely different sub-species of Goomba native to Subcon (Or maybe the Goombas are the sub-species) with arms and different behaviors?
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

« Reply #1092 on: February 02, 2007, 08:29:40 PM »
Or shy guys arn't goombas since their body shapes don't look alike in any way at all.
Senior Mariology professor

Fwirt

• Now in Cherry
« Reply #1093 on: February 02, 2007, 11:16:15 PM »
Maybe Shy-Guys are a reclusive cult of Toads.
"Say, you good at video games?  I'm not good at video games.  The last time I fired up one of my old Sega tapes it made me a waffle."

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1094 on: February 02, 2007, 11:44:24 PM »
They aren't Goombas, because they have arms.
That was a joke.

Print