Print

Author Topic: New Mario VIdeo Game Ideas  (Read 30255 times)

« Reply #75 on: August 31, 2006, 05:20:30 PM »
Got it,I will start editing now.

Ha! But you didn't there!
OH, NO! There goes Tokyo! GO, GO GODZILLA!
------
Yinzers Rule!

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #76 on: August 31, 2006, 05:25:23 PM »
That was a COMMA.
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

AbercrombieBaseball

• FitchPitch
« Reply #77 on: September 06, 2006, 11:35:21 PM »
If you want some ideas for new Mario video games:

-Mario Kart for Game Cube, "Single Dash": I'd want a new one for the sole purpose of reintroducing the jump.

-Super Mario Brothers 64: I really had wished Luigi could have been in the game. Then two people could have played and it would have been easier for someone not too good like myself (who took nine years to beat Super Mario 64).

-Super Mario for the Macintosh. A long time ago someone gave me a copy of an emulator and a ROM to run Super Mario RPG (and said it was legal since he owned both the Super Nintendo and the game, "loaning" them to me). That was a lot of fun, since I could customize the controls. I also found the battle style in that one (where you fight with different options and not by jumping on things) to be much easier than Super Mario 64. If they could make another one of those that I could run on the computer that would be great.

-Mario Teaches Chemistry. I'm taking chem right now and having a computer program for it would be great. I used to have Math Blaster, Carmen Sandiego, and other similar programs back in the day and now they don't have anything for hard subjects like chemistry or biology or calculus. I remember doing so many division problems on Math Blaster back in the day and it sure did help. (I still have the old computer I used to run it on--it's in its original box and I haven't powered it up in almost two years now)

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #78 on: September 08, 2006, 01:45:57 PM »
Commas are punctuation.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #79 on: September 08, 2006, 04:30:00 PM »
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #80 on: September 08, 2006, 06:02:57 PM »

-Mario Kart for Game Cube, "Single Dash": I'd want a new one for the sole purpose of reintroducing the jump.

Well, there is the Wii.

-Super Mario Brothers 64: I really had wished Luigi could have been in the game. Then two people could have played and it would have been easier for someone not too good like myself (who took nine years to beat Super Mario 64).

You need to get a DS and play Super Mario 64 DS.

-Super Mario for the Macintosh. A long time ago someone gave me a copy of an emulator and a ROM to run Super Mario RPG (and said it was legal since he owned both the Super Nintendo and the game, "loaning" them to me). That was a lot of fun, since I could customize the controls. I also found the battle style in that one (where you fight with different options and not by jumping on things) to be much easier than Super Mario 64. If they could make another one of those that I could run on the computer that would be great.

You have high hopes. And Super Mario 64 and Super Mario RPG were two completely different genres of games. You also just brought to mind the idea of a Mario MMO.

-Mario Teaches Chemistry. I'm taking chem right now and having a computer program for it would be great. I used to have Math Blaster, Carmen Sandiego, and other similar programs back in the day and now they don't have anything for hard subjects like chemistry or biology or calculus. I remember doing so many division problems on Math Blaster back in the day and it sure did help. (I still have the old computer I used to run it on--it's in its original box and I haven't powered it up in almost two years now)

That's franchise whoring. And the age of Mario + Edutainment is long over.

Just thought I'd let you know these things AB.

SolidShroom

• Poop Man
« Reply #81 on: September 08, 2006, 06:36:59 PM »

Well, "Single Dash is not a good name, but another MK game on the GCN wouldn't be bad.

Co-op Mario sounds like a very neat idea...

Super Mario RPGs are everywhere, you ought to try Paper Mario: The Thousand year door for the Gamecube. They are two somewhat similar games

There's always the possibility that someone did it  as a fan game...
Another view on what you said AB.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #82 on: September 10, 2006, 08:42:36 AM »
Who's Twinkle? Do you mean Tingle? If so, then let me remind that Tingle was not created as a filler chracter for a minor title. He was quite the opposite.
I think what Spam means is that neither character has a very large fanbase on U.S. shores, but Waluigi's seems to be larger than Tingle's.  But the reason I think Waluigi deserves his own game (or at least be playable in a non-spinoff) is because his character has lots of potential.  He could do so much more than just partying, playing sports, and Kart Racing.

As for a Mario Party on the DS, I think it's a good idea, and hopefully, it could breathe new life into the heavily overdone franchise.  Place Fawful in there as a playable character, then I'd definitely buy it.
I had an idea of bringing a new dimension of gameplay to the Mario Party franchise by having some of the mini-games require the use of the DDR:MM dance pad.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #83 on: September 27, 2006, 05:25:33 PM »
I know the Mario Sports franchise is now as dry as a Death Valley drinking fountain, but I would like a Mario hockey, just to see hockey fights between the characters.
------
Yinzers Rule!

« Reply #84 on: September 27, 2006, 07:50:59 PM »
^^ LOLz0rz
That would be pretty funny.

There should be a Mario deathmatch game on the DS with Wi-Fi (by "deathmatch", I mean other Marios trying to stomp on each other. Whoever stomps the most Marios wins).

There should be a Mario Hoops for the Wii. It would be pretty cool.

There should also be a remake of Super Mario 64, except there should be 240 stars to collect insted of 120. And there should be more playable characters.
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #85 on: September 27, 2006, 09:46:26 PM »
I don't think I could stomach another Mario 64 remake. Why not try something new?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #86 on: September 28, 2006, 03:39:13 PM »
I'm thinking a Mario game on the gameplay spectrum of Sonic Adventure. The general game would be like SM64, with an overworld and stars to collect, but there'd be multiple playable characters with different gameplay characteristics. There could also be an epic storyline and a few RPG elements sprinkled about. Coolkid posted something like this a page or two back, but his wasn't very well thought out.

« Reply #87 on: September 29, 2006, 09:33:17 AM »
A Bowser platformer would be awesome. Take the basic PM2 Bowser stages concept, make more complex stages, and release it! His enemies could be any one of the various secondary Mario villains(X-Nauts, etc.)

Though I suppose we're sorta getting something close to that with Super Paper Mario.
I'll think of a better signature later!

« Reply #88 on: September 29, 2006, 07:01:29 PM »
I like the idea of that MMO or any Mario MMO for that matter. Although I do agree that it would probably be a bit hard to pull it off.

The Bowser platformer sounds fun too. Finally a different ending!

All these ideas are really good, heh.

« Reply #89 on: September 29, 2006, 08:51:23 PM »
If not a platformer featuring Waluigi, I've decided I'd at least settle for an RPG with Wario in it.
------
Yinzers Rule!

Print