Poll

Mario Party 9

Yes
19 (57.6%)
No
14 (42.4%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Print

Author Topic: Is it time for Mario Party 9?  (Read 27580 times)

« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2010, 11:37:28 PM »
Not really. The latter half of the series sucks, and shows very few signs of improving.

In my opinion.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2010, 11:51:49 PM »
I wouldn't complain if the series changed developers. Between the stellar 4-player modes in Mega Party Games! and the constantly innovating microgames themselves, an SPD-1 developed Mario Party would be godtasticly kittenrifficgasm.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2010, 05:09:29 PM »
I haven't played anything beyond the N64 games, but I'm thinking about picking up Mario Party DS soon.  I would like to try Mario Party on the Wii sometime as well...maybe I'll rent it.
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2010, 02:25:51 PM »
Ah, how I long for the days when Mario Party was new and innovative. Now it's just a series of drek, drek, and more drek. If you're going to make anymore sequels, at most stop at Mario Party 10, then cease.

(Speaking of ten... this post marks the first time in ten years that I've last posted, Eldstar help me.)
"Racoon Power!"

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2010, 09:45:24 AM »
Welcome back, then.

Jman: If you're considering it at all, yes, do rent it. That's what I did and I saved myself quite a lot of misery. The stupid pillarboxes, however, make it basically the same as playing a game or watching a movie on a TV that had a magnet put right next to the screen (read: it's horrifying).
Formerly quite reasonable.

David

• Trusts the fungus
« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2010, 07:59:36 PM »
Any love for Mario Party-e by some crazy chance? lol

*owns and occasionally plays Mario Party-e*

That makes TWO of us with a copy.
Let's do the Mario, all together now!

« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2010, 08:13:20 PM »
Three, actually. :)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2010, 04:29:36 PM »
Lizard Dude and Captain Jim just ate you for dinner. Jim paid the check.

Do you only pop in here to pat LD on the back whenever he makes a good post or something?

Seriously though, what's the hold-up on the 10th game? I'm glad it finally stopped following the Madden formula of releasing a new version every year, but has 9 really been selling that steadily that Nintendo and Hudson won't even bother with a follow-up? I don't see it on monthly sales charts like I've seen Wii Fit, Mario Kart Wii, and New Super Mario Bros so it can't really be that successful.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2010, 04:44:31 PM »
Did MPDS come out in one of those off-years?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #54 on: February 20, 2010, 05:31:39 PM »
Seriously though, what's the hold-up on the 10th game? I'm glad it finally stopped following the Madden formula of releasing a new version every year, but has 9 really been selling that steadily that Nintendo and Hudson won't even bother with a follow-up? I don't see it on monthly sales charts like I've seen Wii Fit, Mario Kart Wii, and New Super Mario Bros so it can't really be that successful.

The reason you don't see MP9 on sales charts and whatnot is because it hasn't been released yet. MP8 was the last numbered Party to be released (the most recent Party was MPDS, wasn't it?)
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #55 on: February 20, 2010, 08:29:03 PM »
Shows how long its been since I played a Mario Party game.

But yeah, a new one that uses all those attachment gimmicks would rock. At the very least, MotionPlus support so we get some use out of it.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #56 on: February 20, 2010, 08:57:53 PM »
a new one that uses all those attachment gimmicks would rock.

I wholeheartedly disagree with your sentiments, kind sir. I would much rather a compilation title which relies on classic minigames of the highest calibre rather than more recent-gen gimmickry.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #57 on: February 20, 2010, 10:14:03 PM »
Hold up. Motion Plus is supposed to be great, so why not use something that makes things actually more accurate (i.e., it)? It might make it actually worth playing this time or something.
That was a joke.

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #58 on: February 21, 2010, 01:27:59 PM »
I can't even remember why I made that stupid decision to pawn my Mario Party 1!
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

« Reply #59 on: February 21, 2010, 04:12:05 PM »
Because you're Tv_Themes. That's why.

Print