Print

Author Topic: Vivian = Male? (Paper Mario)  (Read 22418 times)

« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2009, 10:41:27 PM »
Yeah, probably.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2009, 11:06:44 PM »
Fair enough.
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2009, 07:03:20 AM »
On one hand, you could say it's adding diversity; on the other hand, at least to my American mind, it just seems like provacativeness for the sake of provacativeness.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Reading

• is FUNdamental
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2009, 03:10:46 PM »
Am I the only person who likes the fact Nintendo localizes gay/transgender/transvestite characters out of my games?
I don't have experience with any besides Birdo and Vivian (are there others in other series?), but I'm glad they're female here.
We went to see them for the first time in 5 years because they were going away for 3 years.

« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2009, 03:39:37 PM »
Am I the only person who likes the fact Nintendo localizes gay/transgender/transvestite characters out of my games?

It's incredible that PL didn't rape you to death for stating that. Alas, I agree. Japan is simply too ...err, much more liberal with their views toward sexuality. Likewise, an American  game with copious amounts of violence or language may be banned or at least censored for Japanese release.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2009, 03:44:39 PM »
Japan is simply too ...err, much more liberal with their views toward sexuality.

lol, child rape
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2009, 04:32:37 PM »
Quote from: Weegee
Japan is simply too ...err, much more liberal with their views toward sexuality.

Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2009, 04:35:20 PM »

Wait a minute...

Tv_Themes

• Voted off the island
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2009, 05:48:21 PM »

Catch my drift?

Though Bashou was not a gender confused nor homosexual, he just had long hair.
Unless you are cloned, you do not need to look like a midget version of your dad. Okay Bowser Jr.?

« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2009, 06:37:48 PM »
When's Captain Rainbow coming out anyway? Or has it been confirmed it's not coming to the US?
You didn't say wot wot.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2009, 06:45:42 PM »
I think common sense has confirmed that it's not coming to America.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2009, 07:32:02 PM »

Catch my drift?

What has this thread become?
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2009, 07:44:15 PM »
A den of Weeaboos, that's what. This is why we can't have nice things.

« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2009, 08:10:07 AM »
I don't understand why Nintendo does this. I mean why did they really need to make 2 different genders for Vivian?

« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2009, 01:29:32 PM »
Cultural differences on what's acceptable to delve into in front of a wide audience.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Print